Windlass Houseboat Interior Texture Issues?

Elora Lunasea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

24 minutes ago, Malayaa said:

Ditto here with the Windlass, I would love it if the wall could change color to match the other walls, the navy clashes with the turquoise exterior and does make the inside kind of dark, especially in the little alcove...I love everything else about the design!

Yeah the blue is turning me off too.    I like blue but it is too dark.  Not sure why they would do this on this particular houseboat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cougar Sangria said:

Navy is the new black for me. I love it!!!  :)

And that is exactly why we need them to give us the choices... I want you to have your navy, and me to have my, er... whatever color I finally decide on after switching it elebenty three times! 😁

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ashia Tomsen said:

I didn't even realize it was navy, looks black in my windlight! I've tried to work around it as much as possible, I would prefer options though ;)

I originally thought it was black as well... until I put something black next to it! 😋

• Like 1

All, the powers that be have been in touch with me. I've been instructed to submit a JIRA for a "new feature" and have done so requesting that the dark navy wall be changed to accept all other textures available and, to be able to select face to change to whatever other texture we'd like to use of our own. I uploaded a photo showing how dark the interior of the home is and mentioned that considering the boat is a water based home one would expect it to be filled with sunlight - and it certainly is not. 

Fingers crossed that they will take this to heart.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

Do you have the jira link handy? I'll def sign it!

3 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

All, the powers that be have been in touch with me. I've been instructed to submit a JIRA for a "new feature" and have done so requesting that the dark navy wall be changed to accept all other textures available and, to be able to select face to change to whatever other texture we'd like to use of our own. I uploaded a photo showing how dark the interior of the home is and mentioned that considering the boat is a water based home one would expect it to be filled with sunlight - and it certainly is not. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

All, the powers that be have been in touch with me.

Thanks you so much, Elora, for doing this!  I know they're busy with higher priority stuff at present, but I'd be happy if they just have us even a few more options- light or natural, etc.  Now if they want to throw in a "natural" option for the ceiling beams,  I'd be even happier,  but that's getting greedy  lol

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I've never looked at the JIRAs before... to offer my hearty support, do I just need to add a comment?

• Like 1

Just now, Aethelwine said:

Why not just put a prim in front of it and apply a wall texture from the box or any other you want? 

Mainly because I shouldn't have to... I have no idea what the logic is behind making several navy walls that can't be changed because that isn't how any of the other houses work. Also, those particular walls are oddly shaped and for those of us not that talented in making walls of odd sizes, mine would look terrible. Also, I don't want to waste a single prim on something that should be a feature of the house, just like every other house.

Not to mention, clicking on any wall in my house brings up some funky text they forgot to remove. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

Why not just put a prim in front of it and apply a wall texture from the box or any other you want? 

Because it's not just one wall-  it'd require an inset for both walls and because, since no other houseboat locks your color scheme like this, why not just give us options? Especially since the navy color makes some other options we do have undesirable. Like the bright blue color option on the Windlass (can't remember the name-- Aegean maybe?); pretty color but it clashes mightily with navy and I doubt many people will choose it  :)

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Like 2

Had a look at my houseboat and rezzed one of these and I see what you mean. The second post on the thread made it seem like it was just one feature wall, but it looks like at least half the interior walls are set to be dark blue and will be why I went with the Wallflower style.

Not that I know anything about the decision-making process at work here but Occam's Razor and common sense tell me that if this unchangeable wall texture  is a deliberate choice by LL it will most likely have been imposed on them by the constraints of the mesh model rather than because someone at LL decided that residents who chose the Windlass houseboat would have a dark blue wall and like it, dammit.

For whatever reason, I think this jira request is, in effect, asking them to make and script a completely new mesh model with a new and different configuration of faces and new textures for them, while retaining the same size and layout as the existing houseboat and at the same (or lower) land impact.   It certainly doesn't sound as if it's something that could readily be fixed.  

Whether this is possible, I don't know,.   However I suspect that while there's such a great demand  to provide more regions containing existing models of  houses and houseboats to accommodate people who want to be part of the new continent, and while the Moles are also trying to develop the content for the new themes for Linden Homes, and set that up while simultaneously working  other projects like the SL Birthday celebrations and material for various holidays and anything else they have in the pipeline, it's the kind of request that won't be seen as a particularly high priority.

I have no particular knowledge or insight in such matters, but that's my take on it.

3 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

Not that I know anything about the decision-making process at work here but Occam's Razor and common sense tell me that if this unchangeable wall texture  is a deliberate choice by LL it will most likely have been imposed on them by the constraints of the mesh model rather than because someone at LL decided that residents who chose the Windlass houseboat would have a dark blue wall and like it, dammit.

For whatever reason, I think this jira request is, in effect, asking them to make and script a completely new mesh model with a new and different configuration of faces and new textures for them, while retaining the same size and layout as the existing houseboat and at the same (or lower) land impact.   It certainly doesn't sound as if it's something that could readily be fixed.  

Whether this is possible, I don't know,.   However I suspect that while there's such a great demand  to provide more regions containing existing models of  houses and houseboats to accommodate people who want to be part of the new continent, and while the Moles are also trying to develop the content for the new themes for Linden Homes, and set that up while simultaneously working  other projects like the SL Birthday celebrations and material for various holidays and anything else they have in the pipeline, it's the kind of request that won't be seen as a particularly high priority.

I have no particular knowledge or insight in such matters, but that's my take on it.

One never knows unless one tries. 

Besides the walls have an issue already with a script that was left inside by error so they have to fix it anyway. Kill 2 birds w/one stone etc.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Not to mention, clicking on any wall in my house brings up some funky text they forgot to remove. 

16 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Besides the walls have an issue already with a script that was left inside by error so they have to fix it anyway. Kill 2 birds w/one stone etc.

The fix for this has already been rolled out, per this post from Abnor Quartz - you need to rerez you houseboat:

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
Correct Mole person
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The fix for this has already been rolled out, per this post from Abnor - you need to rerez you houseboat:

The fix didn't fix it. I derezzed my boat, rezzed another... waited, derezzed it... waited... rezzed a different model of boat... waited, derezzed, rerezzed the Windlass... nope, still getting the text message.

Also, I believe we were asked to submit tickets and open a JIRA. If they can't change it, they can't change it... but I don't believe for a second that they can't at least change it to some other color than freaking navy. Regardless, as Elora says, it never hurts to ask. And once they release more boats and more people see the same issue, and it absolutely is an issue, the more LL will be bothered by people opening tickets, forum threads, JIRAs, and hunting Moles and Lindens inworld. Perhaps they'd like to deal with this sooner than later?

But that's just my take on it.

• Like 1

• Moles

If someone will please send me, either with a PM here or an IM in-world (which will go to my email if I'm not online) a slurl for the affected houseboat, or at least tell me which region it is, I will come and take a look.   Otherwise there's not a lot I can do.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

If someone will please send me, either with a PM here or an IM in-world (which will go to my email if I'm not online) a slurl for the affected houseboat, or at least tell me which region it is, I will come and take a look.   Otherwise there's not a lot I can do.

Sent it to you a couple days ago, and again just now, but here is the link to my land. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fourze/244/101/23

Thank you!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.