Don't make us have a ghost zone - People start to turn on land privacy

Ruslana Koskinen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

Is anyone mentioned that the privacy setting does not hide you when other is within your parcel? It equal to no privacy? it has to land privacy + ban access. It impossible to ban everyone since ban line disabled.  The only protection of privacy is have your own isolated private island.

Actually, it was tested and proven that the privacy setting will hide you from anyone that is higher than 500 m, which is how high the ban lines went (assuming you are at 500 m or lower).   Anyone within 500 m can be dealt with via the security orb.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

an avatar was standing under water a long time, maybe an hour.

if a "visitor"doesn't have the politeness to say hi within a minute, he would join the perma ban team at my place.. even without pre paying the subscription fee.

34 minutes ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

Is anyone mentioned that the privacy setting does not hide you when other is within your parcel? It equal to no privacy? it has to land privacy + ban access. It impossible to ban everyone since ban line disabled.  Ban line forbid other access up to 75M height and anyone above 75M cannot see avatar inside when land privacy turned on.  So the only true protection of privacy is have your own land can enable banline. Have your own lsland is ultimate privacy protection. 

Another SL glitch LOL (that was @Marianne Little that said that). AND YES< we know that. That is why it is called privacy, so if it is turned off then it should be pretty obvious there is no "privacy" - which I am not concerned about. Because PIXELS. Anyone can remove (derender) your dress or non-applier clothing anywhere, any time they choose. You are stark-naked for a few seconds (even minutes) when arriving anywhere after a TP (and vice-versa for you: everyone else is stark naked).

Prudishness is as prudishness does. Go ahead: turn on that privacy setting at your home, the only reason is so no one else feels cuckolded while you romper in the romper room. Other than that it is a futile effort that gives you the worst kind of sense of security: false.

Edited by Alyona Su

12 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

if a "visitor"doesn't have the politeness to say hi within a minute, he would join the perma ban team at my place.. even without pre paying the subscription fee.

throws a 1L$  subscription at Fox just incase she goes afk anywhere 😮  Hi

• Haha 4

I turn it on when needed but like the idea of being able to "see" that there are people around.  If I want to change I can always do that and then put it back off when  I am done.  I have a visitor tracker, not a security orb.  Just me, but enjoying people around and chatting in the group. More community like than the older homes.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.