Help! Returning to SL and my shoes don't fit!

MishelleAnne Ember

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!  I am returning to Second Life after quite some time.  I have a classic avatar with a classic shape.  I don't plan to change that at this time.  The only problem I am having is none of my shoes will fit anymore.  The heel of my foot is always sticking out even tho I have the foot shape for that shoe on.   I have a quite a nice collection of shoes from Maitreya and Shiny Things that I used to love but I believe these are all outdated now as these are the ones giving me trouble.

My questions are:

Is there anyway to fix this so I can still wear these shoes? 

Can anyone point me in the right direction for nice looking shoes for a classic avatar?

Thank you

OK, this is an easy fix.

With all the old classic shes, that part of the feet that stick through were hidden by invisi-prims.  This was a work around built in temporarily until they got alpha layers for your system body.  Those old invisi-prims have not worked in a few years.  Now, we wear what is called an alpha layer like it is a piece of clothing.  What this does is turn your body transparent where the texture is.

What you need are some generic shoe alphas.  Below is a link to a free set.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Alpha-Layers-for-Boots-Shoes-2011/1805419

Wear the ones that hide what you need, most likely just the very bottoms of your feet but some of the old shoes with prim toes and feet will need you to hide more.

Anyway, play with these for now and welcome back to SL.

The grid has gone to mesh bodies for the most part. You can likely find some legacy style shoes on the Marketplace. Most current designers have tossed theirs out long ago.  BOOTS will be easier to get to work. Don't buy anything made for mesh feet though as they will not work. 

Both alramura and eBody have FREE (limited) mesh bodies if you want to try those out. Good luck. 

22 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

OK, this is an easy fix.

With all the old classic shes, that part of the feet that stick through were hidden by invisi-prims.  This was a work around built in temporarily until they got alpha layers for your system body.  Those old invisi-prims have not worked in a few years.  Now, we wear what is called an alpha layer like it is a piece of clothing.  What this does is turn your body transparent where the texture is.

What you need are some generic shoe alphas.  Below is a link to a free set.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Alpha-Layers-for-Boots-Shoes-2011/1805419

Wear the ones that hide what you need, most likely just the very bottoms of your feet but some of the old shoes with prim toes and feet will need you to hide more.

Anyway, play with these for now and welcome back to SL.

Thank you so much, this worked perfectly.  I'm now researching the mesh bodies and trying to figure out how it all works but in the meantime this is a great fix for me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.