Looking for a decorator

unicorncube

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I feel like I might have posted this originally in the wrong thread so I am posting it here too. I'm really tired of my empty home lol

I've got a new Linden home but have absolutely no furniture as of right now to put down in it. I've only recently found out you can hire decorators! So that seems the way to go. I'll need a little help with how to do things (no idea how I allow people to edit my home) but if you are willing to be patient with me then I am willing to pay. 

I am looking for soft, feminine designs throughout the house. Not princess-y, so to speak but close to it. Colors I prefer aka color themes I will like to stick close to as possible are soft pink and pale blues and light lavenders and whites. I also like fuzzy and fluffy things but that isn't a requirement, just a bonus.

I play as a vertically challenged human dragon (long story, don't ask lol) so though tall people stuff is fine please keep in mind I'm the size of a child so chairs that are perfect for giantesses who wear foot tall boots and already stand 6'feet won't look all that nice in my home. 

Please let me know your price upfront after/if you decide to come to look at my traditional home. That way I can tell you if I can afford it or not and I won't waste anyone's time. 

Thank you for reading. 

Dont want to ruin anyones business, but why dont you do it by yourself? You stated already kinda precise, whats in your mind.
The basics you need to know, how to unpack and rez the items you bought and to move them to the desired spot in your home, are very low and easy to learn.

A decorator also just will tell you what you should buy, because most SL items are no transfer, or even accompanied by no copy in the worst case.
Why? Your employee would just be able to buy the items and set it up, if you grant building rights on your parcel... Once you delete the items (by accident) or because you move to another spot, you cant set it up again without the decorator help, because it never was yours, and it never will be in your inventory. Its not and it never will be your property, if someone else bought it.

Just start visiting the SL marketplace, go to a sandbox, rez the demo versions before you buy anything, see how it works (maybe there are huds to change the color), and you will be fine.

Actually, this helped a lot. I know how to unpack and rez. The idea of losing what is put down if I move or whatever is a bit disconcerting, to say the least. 

Can you recommend any good inworld stores to visit so I can look at furniture? I've already learned Market Place can be a little deceptive (i.e. I've bought a few avatars that look awful in world no matter what edits I make but look great on MP) 

5 minutes ago, unicorncube said:

Actually, this helped a lot. I know how to unpack and rez. The idea of losing what is put down if I move or whatever is a bit disconcerting, to say the least. 

Can you recommend any good inworld stores to visit so I can look at furniture? I've already learned Market Place can be a little deceptive (i.e. I've bought a few avatars that look awful in world no matter what edits I make but look great on MP) 

Sorry, dont know a lot of stores in that way, because i have a different taste.
But you talked about pink and princess... So i thought, a princess may want to put some makeup in the morning. If you search for "vanity" you will find very fast something like this:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/what-next-Isabelle-Vanity-Table-Stool-Decor/6283110

They dont offer a demo, but at the bottom of the description there is a link to the inworld store. 
Have fun :)

Edited by Resi Pfeffer
typo
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.