Extra clothes for different mesh bodies

actualkon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey! So im new around here. I just got an SLink body. Of course, the only things that fit this body are the SLink clothes, so my question is: Because clothing makers make for different body types and you buy them all together, should I delete the clothes made for the other bodies I dont have but came with the purchase?? I assume I can just reopen the original package if anything, but I wanna know what others do to keep their inventory clean

I keep them because I use the Signature Geralt body which not many creators are making for yet. Sometimes the Gianni options fit okay but sometimes the Jake or Slink options fit better, depending on my current shape.. And I change my avatar a lot so the option that fits best today might not be the same tomorrow.

But if you're consistently sticking with the same body, there's no need for you to keep all the others.

On 5/16/2019 at 10:59 PM, moirakathleen said:

I used to keep all the other ones in an 'extra' folder, but now I just delete the versions for bodies that I do not own (and I've gone through and deleted the ones I had kept at the beginning).  I do keep the original box, just in case.

Pretty much this, except I have an 'extras' folder for purchases that come as a folder, and not in a box (as well as no copy extras). Then I use 'zdrop' to pack them up into an 'extras' box. I also pack my opened clothing boxes the same way.

1 minute ago, AidySL said:

I just cleaned it today. Met someone awesome who send me a lot of stuff. She has 180.000 items, I already lost control with my 8000. ☺️

It's good to set up a system and get a handle on it when your inventory is relatively small still.  That also makes it easier to try different alternatives for how to sort and categorize your inventory until you find the way that works best for you.  Then, if you do have 180,000 items some day, at least you'll have a better chance that they'll be somewhat organized and you're still able to find things.

• Thanks 1

If everything came in a box, I put a copy of the full box in a backup folder, and then delete everything from the open folder that doesn't fit my body. That way the other copies are easy to get to if they're ever needed and there's not much inventory clutter.

in the folder I get, either as a folder or after unpacking a box, then I make a sub-folder in the folder and named it Others. Move everything that is not for the body(s) I usually wear with this item, and I also move any box I got into the Others folder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.