Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Well, a lot of people justifying having the many homes by saying they has paid for them - so now, there gonna be an option for super-duper premium plus....and that may have some bigger land and fancier homes, if you wants to pay for them.

So, all you folks dat has like 5 homes, you gonna get all jealous when us super premium folks gets a mega-mansion. I challenges you to stop having the many premium accounts and instead have one super expensive one. That mean you get a fancier house but it also fairer than taking up everyone else's houses.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There was no passive aggressiveness in my previous statement. It is not greedy to have two or more premium alts each with a new Linden Home. If it makes you feel better, replace "it would be nice" wit

If you have more than one Linden Home, please consider letting the excess go so others can join the party. Community depends on people, not an endless expanse of beautifully decorated empty homes

Sorry, but both mine are fully decorated and in daily use, and I plan to keep them. I showed restraint by not having all my alts get houses.  

Posted Images

  •  
  • Chronometria
  • Resident
  • 72
  • 350 posts

Well, a lot of people justifying having the many homes by saying they has paid for them - so now, there gonna be an option for super-duper premium plus....and that may have some bigger land and fancier homes, if you wants to pay for them.

So, all you folks dat has like 5 homes, you gonna get all jealous when us super premium folks gets a mega-mansion. I challenges you to stop having the many premium accounts and instead have one super expensive one. That mean you get a fancier house but it also fairer than taking up everyone else's houses.

 

What are super Premium folks & mega mansions ? Never heard…must have some mega prices too ? lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Chronometria said:

So, all you folks dat has like 5 homes, you gonna get all jealous when us super premium folks gets a mega-mansion. I challenges you to stop having the many premium accounts and instead have one super expensive one. That mean you get a fancier house but it also fairer than taking up everyone else's houses.

Before Sergio bumped this thread yesterday, every response here had happened before the announcement of "super premium". Respondents had no reason to believe another tier of premium would be coming. I suspect, depending on the perks offered, several people here may be doing exactly that.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chronometria said:

Well, a lot of people justifying having the many homes by saying they has paid for them - so now, there gonna be an option for super-duper premium plus....and that may have some bigger land and fancier homes, if you wants to pay for them.

So, all you folks dat has like 5 homes, you gonna get all jealous when us super premium folks gets a mega-mansion. I challenges you to stop having the many premium accounts and instead have one super expensive one. That mean you get a fancier house but it also fairer than taking up everyone else's houses.

What if my estate has 4 super-duper premium plus mansions  because I get 4 super-duper premium plus memberships?

Works For Me Aquaman GIF - WorksForMe Aquaman JusticeLeague GIFs

  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind having super-duper Premium plus mansion added to the postbox menu...do you think we can expect that...If we ask nicely ? : ) Well at least a 2 bedroom house would be a nice addision to the post box menu for those who have family so that people wouldn't have to use their own prims to build that extension.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Angelina Melchior said:

...do you think we can expect that...If we ask nicely ? : )

that's a recurring question:) and more or less answered by the Lindens:     no   .. but there will come other themed regions with different designed homes or even other type of living spaces.
When adding too many styles and sizes the themed neighbourhoods are doomed to fall into the chaos as on the other mainland regions. There are already questionable additions made by some that make others frown, some successfully reported and deleted, others balancing on the edge of the "in theme" rules.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Angelina Melchior said:

I don't mind having super-duper Premium plus mansion added to the postbox menu...do you think we can expect that...If we ask nicely ? : ) Well at least a 2 bedroom house would be a nice addision to the post box menu for those who have family so that people wouldn't have to use their own prims to build that extension.

Posting again what Patch said in a recent web magazine issue. LH homes are meant to be starter homes and if you want MORE than that (aside from possibly the new perks that may come with super duper Premium) you will need to move away.

 

2061619843_patchlindeninterviewunderlined.png.28380516a2ac92df53c014df966a0b89.png

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chronometria said:

Well, a lot of people justifying having the many homes by saying they has paid for them - so now, there gonna be an option for super-duper premium plus....and that may have some bigger land and fancier homes, if you wants to pay for them.

So, all you folks dat has like 5 homes, you gonna get all jealous when us super premium folks gets a mega-mansion. I challenges you to stop having the many premium accounts and instead have one super expensive one. That mean you get a fancier house but it also fairer than taking up everyone else's houses.

I do not think you will get a better house with a "super premium plus abo". Much more I think of a shopping mall where Bellisseia residents can exhibit and sell their built things. In your own home, it is forbidden. This encourages creativity and makes a good overall impression. Beautiful spacious villas can be built elsewhere.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wanda6 said:

I do not think you will get a better house with a "super premium plus abo". Much more I think of a shopping mall where Bellisseia residents can exhibit and sell their built things. In your own home, it is forbidden. This encourages creativity and makes a good overall impression. Beautiful spacious villas can be built elsewhere.

 

Conversely, one could say 'Beautiful, spacious shopping malls can be found elsewhere.' From what I've heard (not everyone voices the same opinion, of course), it seems Bellisserrians, in general, are ere looking for a more local, 'your-friendly-neighborhood' shopping experience, like cute little coffee shops, or an adorable harbor concession stand, whose emphasis may not even be on the actual mass-selling, but more on having a true suburbia feel: but at least spots where light commercial activity isn't strictly forbidden.

At the very least, I think the 'Super Duper' Premium accounts will need to offer more than proximity to a large shopping mall somewhere (after all, ppl can find plenty of that on mainland). And it can't be the same houseboats/traditional homes: or, if they are, with double the prim allowance or somethiing (but not on already deployed new LL homes, as that would put existing sims over the limit). So, likely simply better homes. :) Or the same type of new homes (not much fancier per se), but with higher prim allowance/larger plots.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, summernightsdream said:

I read in this thread again and again about super VIP premium accounts .. is that just speculation or did someone official say more about that by now? Just wondering ...

The Lindens have said here in the forums that there will be a super premium option offered... soon. ;)

ETA:  

 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, anthonytorino said:

Hints of the Upgrade were aimed at a smaller version of a private homestead but at a higher price level. So you are probably leaning towards a 15.00 or 30 something per month price tag. 

I can see the $15/month; $150/year ballpark, more than that and they'd better include a gratis open-space region as part of the deal. Simply because I cannot think of *anything* they could offer in terms of "wanted extras" to justify the higher cost. Someone suggested "bundled name-change" as a guesstimate; Ummm... no. I can see myself changing my name *once* - maybe. To me that would be zero value-add. LOL

Edited by Alyona Su
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I can see the $15/month; $150/year ballpark, more than that and they'd better include a gratis open-space region as part of the deal. Simply because I cannot think of *anything* they could offer in terms of "wanted extras" to justify the higher cost. Someone suggested "bundled name-change" as a guesstimate; Ummm... no. I can see myself changing my name *once* - maybe. To me that would be zero value-add. LOL

It's almost as if we all find different things important... lol! I don't even know what gratis open-space region is so it's probably not something I care about or need, and ditto with the name change ability thingie.

For me, I want EVEN MORE GROUP SLOTS, and a Super-Sized Bellisseria (or similar concept continent) with more LI. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Maybe 'pick benefits from a selection' would work, or  themed alternatives with a suite of benefits?

 

While the pick benefits option would likely be popular, it would also be WAY more work on the backend so if their ARE options (we don't really know that yet) it will most likely be the "suites" as you mention -- one or more geared towards those that want land and/or Linden Home and another for those that love to shop and chat etc :D.   

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Maybe 'pick benefits from a selection' would work, or  themed alternatives with a suite of benefits?

That's already been ruled out, a roll your own premium is a nonstarter as every region needs to operate from a fixed list of account 'types' with predefined traits. Types so far are stuff like Basic, Premium, Mole, Linden, Product Engine, etc. So adding another for NegaPremium is easy but the scope for variability is limited to stuff like tier, stipend, groups & offline messages, attachment count (the code for this showed up recently), etc etc

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't currently have a new linden home as a premium member, and I have 2 other alts... (Actually, 1 is my fiance's, and the other is my alt.)

As much as I would like to have one (or 2) of the new linden homes, I wouldn't ask anyone to give one up. We ALL paid for premium membership, and if you so happen to snatch a linden home for you & your umpteen alts, more power to you. I'm not butt-hurt over that, nor will I find it inconsiderate of you to do so.

Those who are asking others to "show some restraint" & not get more than 1 home even though they have more than 1 premium acct? I think that's a very entitled way (on your part) of assuming your needs are more important than others and that you can make such demands over others. After all, if that's what the SL Gods/Moles wanted, then they would limit people to 1 linden home per RL human to begin with -- instead of allowing 1 home per acct/avatar. If someone pays for 20 premium accts, then they are paying for the opportunity to use 20 linden homes -- whether they choose to do so is up to them -- not you, and it doesn't make them more or less "nice" to take advantage of said opportunity.

And let's be honest -- the real issue isn't people having several linden homes for their umpteen paid premiums, it's that Linden Labs has been known to move slowly when it comes to pushing out major stuff like these new homes. So the real question is, how long before Linden Labs is able to provide a linden home for each existing premium membership that they currently have on file? It doesn't matter if it's an active acct or hasn't logged in for awhile, if they're paying & current -- then Linden Labs should have already alloted a house for that acct... As a minimum, they should at least create enough to cover the existing premium memberships first, and then more homes can be created as more people join & become premiums.

Hopefully, Linden Labs won't take years to release more of the newer homes... Either way, I won't whine, sulk, & demand that someone else give up their new home for me; I'll be in my own mainland home, patiently waiting for the next opportunity...

Edited by crypticzynergy
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, crypticzynergy said:

So the real question is, how long before Linden Labs is able to provide a linden home for each existing premium membership that they currently have on file? 

Hopefully, Linden Labs won't take years to release more of the newer homes... 

Someone (Patch?) said that there are something like 63,000 premium accounts, so it might take a minute.

However, and you can see this if you look at the SSP thread, there are hundreds and hundreds that are currently being built as fast as our darling little Moles can work. They current release rate seems to be once a month, though I expect this may speed up a little after SL16B is out of the way. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

I don't even know what gratis open-space region is

Gratis ("Gift" or "No charge", and though "free", not considered "free") // Open Space region; Minimum type region, bottom tier; Homestead region is Tier 2, Open Space region is Tier one in terms of allowed prims/LI and number of avatars on it simultaneously. Think of it as a "Linden Home Private Regions" - as it could do just fine as a private Linden Home with a 10 Avatar limit, etc.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crypticzynergy said:

And let's be honest -- the real issue isn't people having several linden homes for their umpteen paid premiums, it's that Linden Labs has been known to move slowly when it comes to pushing out major stuff like these new homes. So the real question is, how long before Linden Labs is able to provide a linden home for each existing premium membership that they currently have on file? It doesn't matter if it's an active acct or hasn't logged in for awhile, if they're paying & current -- then Linden Labs should have already alloted a house for that acct... As a minimum, they should at least create enough to cover the existing premium memberships first, and then more homes can be created as more people join & become premiums.

Why are you assuming that all premium account holders would WANT a Linden Home?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

Gratis ("Gift" or "No charge", and though "free", not considered "free") // Open Space region; Minimum type region, bottom tier; Homestead region is Tier 2, Open Space region is Tier one in terms of allowed prims/LI and number of avatars on it simultaneously. Think of it as a "Linden Home Private Regions" - as it could do just fine as a private Linden Home with a 10 Avatar limit, etc.

Should have been a little more clear... lol! I actually do know what "gratis" means, but thank you for explaining the rest! Since I've always really just rented except for my little Linden Home, I've never really been clear about all the different options/versions of land. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...