New Linden Homes

SofiaMia25

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 1 month later...
Just now, Spice Hancroft said:

Any more recent information? Its mid June now...

Lots of threads here that you can read up on with residents comments. Some folks are hoping for very soon -- others are figuring week 2 or 3 of July. 

3 hours ago, Spice Hancroft said:

Will there be notification? Seems most find out after they are all taken..

My guess is that we'll get a 24-48 hour notice in the Official Update thread.  Last time, Patch notified us that the release would happen "within 24 hours" and, if I remember correctly, it happened roughly. 21-23 hours later.  The thread is:

7 hours ago, Spice Hancroft said:

Will there be notification? Seems most find out after they are all taken..

I suggest the 'most people' you speak of, take some time once and a while to visit your account page or these forums. 

This didn't happen overnight. (See above threads)

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Spice Hancroft said:

If that were the case, so many people would not be complaining about it...and learn to read as I said "Most" not "most people". If you are going to quote, quote correctly.

I join ananoelle and agree with her:

On 6/18/2019 at 5:33 AM, ananoelle said:

I suggest the 'most people' you speak of, take some time once and a while to visit your account page or these forums. 

This didn't happen overnight. (See above threads)

• Like 1

I  have  to  wonder  if   a lot  of  the problem  is due to time zones .  I am on the east coast  and almost always  i get my notifications  wayyyyyy after  stuff happens.  If you already have a traditional linden home sadly  unless you have  abandoned it to  be standing around waiting  or renting  you will not know as the page will only show  where you at present in the first generation linden home  . the options possible  are to check the one page of your dashboard that lists events or join the forums  .

I  do not ever remember a notification  of " they are ready come and get them" kind of thing or something saying  we will be releasing the homes at a certain time  and  day ,It   would be very  kind of the lindens if perhaps, they gave a weeks notice so those's who wish one of the newer homes , then then can abandon in timely fashion and the lindens  would have a number of homes they need to be able to fill or even have a ticket voucher  thing ,,,, for example ---  if they need 200 homes  but only have 100 available ,,,, like at the deli counter ,,,, but no one bumps ahead or takes your home number unless you say no i changed my mind ,,,, this would also help them with the builds how many prefer the house boats , the homes , the camper/trailer  homes. 

Sadly at times  this new house thing  has, on a slim level has created some negative emotions  that no  one wishes to have . Sometimes fast is not good /remember the old story the" tortoise   and the hare."...... just saying

By the way  my page still  showing  the first generation homes and i have to wonder if it could be a bug or something in the  viewer .I have abandoned a number of times  and  keep getting the same  ole homes unless i click a different  theme , 

NOTE ---i  did  notice when  i  google secondlife  status i get the real time update  and when it says maintenance on  unusual days  the last   two    releases  of the new  homes happened   so that may be of a bit of help

Edited by roseelvira
spelling problems with keyboard typing
  • Like 1

you just have to be real stubborn and click manually for periods through the day  ,it may be boring as hell  ,but when your focused on your screen you have best chances  ,i abandoned my home when the last batch was released with houseboats ,and i totally missed out  ,its was wtf   ? they were gone in a flash  ,so i spend a week or  three clicking and refreshing  ,first on auto   ,that made me miss out on a few homes cuz i was to slow  ,after i went going manual refreshing i had a home in hours  ,i looked for minutes at the screen just couldn't believe it   .and i am from Europe timezone 

Edited by Atina0

2 hours ago, Spice Hancroft said:

If that were the case, so many people would not be complaining about it...and learn to read as I said "Most" not "most people". If you are going to quote, quote correctly.

So, who besides "people" made up the rest of the "most" you were referring to?

• Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.