Why LL don't speak that New Homes it's only for some regions or some countries?

rachel Malvogen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 minutes ago, Lovein1009 said:

Se alguém não conseguiu um novo barco ou casa e realmente quer fazer parte da nova comunidade, aqui vai:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Slippery Wharf / 79/149/27

Convite aberto para usar meu barco de casa. Não tem muita decoração, mas tem um pouco.

you are an angel in person, thank you very much for the invitation from the heart, very noble of you this attitude, but the question is not this, that we want to have a home anyway, but the disappointment and frustration of our rights as a prize. You're welcome! S2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

One doesn't have to be a Linden to quote what Lindens have said.

Indeed all the way! And if you read all I wrote before Im pretty sure you will understand my answer! :)

Edited by Bela Tolsen

16 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Also, there were times during the refresh process when the page did not default to the new ones, so you had to click the drop down and select it.  Not sure why that happened off and on.

I very nearly got caught out by that. I couldn't see the new homes, refreshed a couple of time, then suddenly noticed the little down arrow at the top of the listing. Bingo! There they were; just made it in the nick of time, too

By the way, this wasn't the "show more homes" drop-down, just to be clear. It was an almost invisible top bar above the "old" homes.

Edited by Odaks
  • Like 1

Let's say that Linden Lab decides to commit to providing a new Linden Home for everyone who requests one. Let's go even farther and say that you can pick the type and location.

Now, how many years of Premium membership should the people getting this treatment be expected to commit to paying?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Now, how many years of Premium membership should the people getting this treatment be expected to commit to paying?

Im not sure what you meaning... you know, english is not my strong suit... so forgive me if I will say something you are already saying....

I think like is not a matter of years of membership. If I read "new lindens homes now available", and do the upgrade, the right thing is the very moment I do it, to be able to get it, the same way that my 42 groups turns imediately into 60. Same to existent premium members. They should be able to go to change the house and voilá! It was sold as a benefit without saying or explaining that I have to do this and that or wait for this or that... It is pretty clear at the list of benefits at the membership page about the 300L weekly  about the 1k bonus, it should be there all about the new, but limited, linden homes. Thats my role point. Thats my point of view....

Edited by Bela Tolsen
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bela Tolsen said:

Im not sure what you meaning... you know, english is not my strong suit... so forgive me if I will say something you are already saying....

I think like is not a matter of years of membership. If I read "new lindens homes now available", and do the upgrade, the right thing is the very moment I do it, to be able to get it, the same way that my 42 groups turns imediately into 60. Same to existent premium members. They should be able to go to change the house and voilá! It was sold as a benefit without saying or explaining that I have to do this and that or wait for this or that... It is pretty clear at the list of benefits at the membership page about the 300L weekly  about the 1k bonus, it should be there all about the new, but limited, linden homes. Thats my role point. Thats my point of view....

If I had been aware that there were actually no new homes available I would not have upgraded this account.  I am really glad that I did not abandon my old home on my main account. 

• Like 2

Think of these 2 releases as a beta, Patch said they were small releases. Long term they need to build new homes/boats to replace ALL those circa 2010 Linden homes so we'll be drowning in these houses "soon".

But I do think that new premium members who signed up from the announcement until a regular size release, whatever that is, get extra month(s )of membership  ** if **  they didn't use any land benefits .

Like if a major delivery website blows the guaranteed date, you can request an extra month membership.

That would be a "good will gesture."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cam Mode said:

Think of these 2 releases as a beta, Patch said they were small releases. Long term they need to build new homes/boats to replace ALL those circa 2010 Linden homes so we'll be drowning in these houses "soon".

But I do think that new premium members who signed up from the announcement until a regular size release, whatever that is, get extra month(s )of membership  ** if **  they didn't use any land benefits .

Like if a major delivery website blows the guaranteed date, you can request an extra month membership.

Can't see that happening. There is still the stipend, the available CS, the premium sandboxes and other regions. There are still the old 512s, plus you still have 1024 you can get tier free on mainland. 

I can foresee the ability to abuse this issue just to get free months by people claiming to have signed up just for a new house. Billing would have more of a headache than the moles do now. Those that have never been premium before and only did one month to see if they could even get one or if they would like it even (more restrictive than most places ie: no ban lines) were smart.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Cam Mode said:

No - offering any form of compensation is not a good idea nor is it needed.

In the benefits for Premium Membership it simply states that you can have your own private Linden Home - it makes no reference to the type of said home. As the older styles are still available whilst the new ones are sold out then no remedial action is necessary to compensate as no loss has been experienced. People may WANT a new linden home but the bottom line is they are entitled to just a linden home (meaning the older styles when no others are available).

This jumping up for compensation for a perceived loss when none has happened is a sad trait in society these days.

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

I can foresee the ability to abuse this issue just to get free months by people claiming to have signed up just for a new house.

Yep! I think refund is better than free months. I myself did that and got my refund. I paid annual like I did for several years. Back then the cost of dollar for me was very low so I didnt care to pay just to have a better costumer service via chat or premium sandbox; linden houses were just "beginners homes". And I must say, it was pretty clear what I was paying for. The new benefits that came after like the increase of group spots and easier access to events were tempting but not decisive for me. I like to believe that LL research team saw the lack of appealing to keep premium members/get new ones and boom! new linden homes!  So like myself, Im sure many people did the upgrade cause the new linden homes. When I saw they were all sold out and chat operator had no clue when "soon" would be (a week, a month, an year?), meaning no previous schedule planning from LL at all, I preferred my money back. Dollar conversion less than a day after payment plus credit card taxes, I must say I lost about a month membership, but thats ok, no cries about it when you knew it would be that way.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Randy Pole said:

In the benefits for Premium Membership it simply states that you can have your own private Linden Home - it makes no reference to the type of said home.

I understand your point of view and agreed that no "compensation" for those that jumped to upgrade cause the new houses needed.

But about the benefits, I went to the dashboad upgrading page. Below the upgrading buttoms I saw - Second Lide Premium Benefits - Your Own Private Home - and a link - More Information on Linden Homes. By clicking it opened a page ...

.... and I read it all  before doing my upgrade. At Linden Homes topics was (and still are) a link "Overview of Linden Homes", and when you click the link...

.... the first thing you read is " Linden Homes are ready-to-move-in homes in themed communities that are available only to premium account members. Premium account holders can get a free Linden Home, in addition to the other benefits of premium membership." followed by "Themes:  Linden homes come in themed communities, each with choices of individual homes" and followed by the themes. First one is Tradicional homes, and all others below it. I kept reading and there was a step by step to get the home. I  am not able to copy and paste here but just scroll and you will see it. It is pretty simple, choose your theme, choose your house under the theme and voilá!

I think at this point it should have been changed. It should already mention there about the new linden homes real limitation, making cristal clear that they will realease them in waves, not for everybody right now, etc. The way it is, it just mislead us to buy a pig in a poke.

Edited by Bela Tolsen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes the Jeremy Linden link above says :

"First-generation themes

First-generation Linden Homes have limited space and land capacity. Homes in these themes are still available for purchase, but provide less land capacity and use older-style control panels:  ....."

Saying these old homes are "still available" is a far cry from "unless you refresh this is the only game in town."

I know we'll be awash in new homes "soon" but don't want a single person to feel this was unfair or not explained right or clearly. We need every active interested resident so that I can sell my unwanted gachas to them . 

• Like 2

The time they are released will be based on work hours for Linden Labs which is M-F Central time. Normal horus are 9am-5pm, some techinical updates and releases are prepped as early as 7am. Most houses probably won't be prepped and ready until 8am-12pm. CT if all are ready.

It has nothing to do with restrictions or unfairness to other countries. It is a US owned company HQ'd in San Francisco with additional linked networks in other places to relay daa. . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, anthonytorino said:

It has nothing to do with restrictions or unfairness to other countries. It is a US owned company HQ'd in San Francisco with additional linked networks in other places to relay daa. .

I do believe that it was already answered, explained and people who opened the topic understood how LL works... and the subject kinda moved on. But good reinforcement of information, I can see you really care. :)

Edited by Bela Tolsen
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

It feels like gambling to get a new Linden Home - and IF I right remember, gambling is prohibited since years! 😂

On the other hand, I think that the new Linden Homes are a marketing strategy. For years it hasn't been like when gambling was allowed. In addition, LL has raised prices for the first time in a long time. LL wants to justify this and therefore lures with new houses. LL should have been clear that they were selling like hot cakes, so better planning would have been more advantageous. Since mid-May it has been said that more new Linden Homes and houseboats are to come, but nothing has been done in this direction so far. As long as it is a gamble to get one of the new Linden Homes, it will always have a bitter taste.

6 minutes ago, Damona Rau said:

LL has raised prices for the first time in a long time.

More like LL has raised prices for the first time EVER.

7 minutes ago, Damona Rau said:

Since mid-May it has been said that more new Linden Homes and houseboats are to come, but nothing has been done in this direction so far.

Pull up the world map and TP to the new continent.  Then start looking around in the middle section.  You'll see lots and lots of work has been done preparing a new set of houses and houseboats to release.  Since it is SL daytime, you might even see a few of the Moles there working their tushies off.

So the "nothing has been done" statement is totally false - you just haven't been looking or following the discussions here in the forums.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Pull up the world map and TP to the new continent.  Then start looking around in the middle section.  You'll see lots and lots of work has been done preparing a new set of houses and houseboats to release.  Since it is SL daytime, you might even see a few of the Moles there working their tushies off.

So the "nothing has been done" statement is totally false - you just haven't been looking or following the discussions here in the forums.

I know how marketing works and probably wouldn't have done it differently myself. LL knows exactly how many premium users they have, so it would have been easy to prepare new Linden Homes for at least half of those users. If you then read that the first new houses were gone in 30 minutes, it is clear that there is more marketing being done here than interest in a majority of premium users getting one of the new houses.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Damona Rau said:

If you then read that the first new houses were gone in 30 minutes,

If you happen to read that, then you need a new place to get your news.  As I said in a different thread:

"The first batch was released roughly noon-1:00 pm SLT, which is when most US folks were still at work - but most Europeans were probably off work and not yet in bed for the night.  I even had stuff going on after work and didn't know about the release until about 8:00 pm or so SLT.  The Houseboats in the first release were gone in roughly 12-18 hours, but the Houses took about 48 hours before they were all gone.

The second batch of Houseboats did go in less than 30 minutes, but it was a really small release.  However, again, it was released roughly late-morning or noon SLT, which still had most US folks at work and many Europeans at home.  For that release, Patch did give roughly 24 hours notice in the Update thread here in these forums."

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Damona Rau said:

If you then read that the first new houses were gone in 30 minutes, it is clear that there is more marketing being done here than interest in a majority of premium users getting one of the new houses.

Except that they weren't. I didn't know about the first new houses until nine hours after they were released, and easily got one. I abandoned it that same night, and easily got another one. Please stick to facts or no one will take your comments seriously. 

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.