LSL Syntax Highlighting

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today I responded to a scripting question for the first time in this forum and was rather shocked to find that there is no syntax highlighting for LSL installed.
The best that we can do is apply the highlighting for one of the other languages, but I would expect LSL highlighting to be an absolute must on official SL forums.

Below, I used the highlighting for CSS, but that's far from ideal, of course. I would be interested to find out how come we don't have LSL highlighting and basically have to make do.

{
    state_entry()
    {   
        llOwnerSay("Foo");
    }
}

• Like 2

2 hours ago, animats said:

Firestorm's script editor at least knows all the reserved words and all the LSL calls.

There are also many offline text editors for various operating systems that know LSL, Pastebin also knows LSL, and I know I have come across forums that are LSL-aware.
The SL Wiki, as well as the OpenSim wiki, know how to handle LSL and many other online services and offline software can deal with LSL. So why not the SL forum? Surely it should be possible to take a copy of one of the default highlighting definition files, modify it to highlight LSL and deploy it. 

(With "knowing LSL" I mean, of course, that it has syntax highlighting for LSL.)

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.