Old housing community vs New one

ClariceRose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, Shyla Starflare said:

Clarice, You say that you abandoned your Tahoe in hopes of getting on new continent?  I have old style myself.  Must I abandon my old Linden home in order to get on a waiting list or something?  Sorry, but I just don't understand how this works out.  What is the thing one must continue "refreshing" in order to get a new-style home?

You can only have one linden home per premium account so yes you have to abandon it first.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ClariceRose said:

However, I got an abandoned houseboat. I'm hoping to temporarily swap it with someone who has a traditional home. (See my thread "House Swap").

But if I have to stay in the houseboat for now, I'll adapt and make the best of it. Sometimes things happen for a reason and I may get some great new friends. 🤸‍♂️

When I first walked in to a houseboat, I really was not impressed.  Since then though, my mind has been changed. I've seen what @Blush Bravin has done with hers, and every time she does a new add-on I want it. So I am very happy with my traditional, yet I want a houseboat too. Well, OK I want several houseboats to be honest about it.

I get that you wanted a traditional - all I am saying is that being stuck in a houseboat for now doesn't have to be a drudge  🙂 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Gryphon Ronas said:

When I first walked in to a houseboat, I really was not impressed.  Since then though, my mind has been changed. I've seen what @Blush Bravin has done with hers, and every time she does a new add-on I want it. So I am very happy with my traditional, yet I want a houseboat too. Well, OK I want several houseboats to be honest about it.

I get that you wanted a traditional - all I am saying is that being stuck in a houseboat for now doesn't have to be a drudge  🙂 

I agree! I didn't want a houseboat at first, but now I love mine. Because they are pretty open inside, you can really customize them more easily than you can a traditional home IMO. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Shyla Starflare said:

Clarice, You say that you abandoned your Tahoe in hopes of getting on new continent?  I have old style myself.  Must I abandon my old Linden home in order to get on a waiting list or something?  Sorry, but I just don't understand how this works out.  What is the thing one must continue "refreshing" in order to get a new-style home?

Unfortunately I'm on my phone so it's a bit hard to explain but someone else can direct you to a thread that will help explain things. But, for right now, all new homes and houseboats are taken.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gryphon Ronas said:

Due to being an idiot (don't ask, I was dumb and not paying attention, leave it at that) Zoya has a houseboat and the alt has nothing while playing refresh roulette. Was NOT my plan.  I wasn't impressed at first with my houseboat. I instantly felt trapped again like in an old linden home. Zoya is on the roof dancing atm to what I am blaring on youtube. lol I will get used to it. The view is awesome. The community is awesome.

The old linden homes were never like this. The last time I even had close to this type of community was a builder's community I was in 10+ years ago.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

Due to being an idiot (don't ask, I was dumb and not paying attention, leave it at that) Zoya has a houseboat and the alt has nothing while playing refresh roulette. Was NOT my plan.  I wasn't impressed at first with my houseboat. I instantly felt trapped again like in an old linden home. Zoya is on the roof dancing atm to what I am blaring on youtube. lol I will get used to it. The view is awesome. The community is awesome.

The old linden homes were never like this. The last time I even had close to this type of community was a builder's community I was in 10+ years ago.

Did you left your end of world, lets see what they build next to me home? 😮

56 minutes ago, Shyla Starflare said:

Shyla:

As Clarice already responded, you can only have 1 Linden home at a time, so if you want to try for a new one, you need to abandon your old one first.

However, the new homes and houseboats are currently sold out.  Anyone that gets one right now is just lucky to request a home right at the time an abandoned new one becomes available.  The page that let's you choose a home, and that people are refreshing trying to get lucky is the same web page where you got your old home.  (secondlife.com, log in, click the "get your home now" button on the right hand side). 

The one bright spot is that if you aren't able to snag a new home through refreshing the page, you can always request another of the older homes until there is notice that new homes might be released again.

There will be more new homes released at some point before long, though there is no time frame provided.  See (and follow the following thread) to stay up to date on new home developments:

• Like 1

I'm pretty certain no one has to worry about LL getting rid of some of the old continents, if the demand for new housing is any indication, it is going to be quite a while for demand to catch up to the supply. 708 houseboats apparently were gone within minutes today. They are going to need to hire an army if they want to supply the demand in any reasonable time frame, which they wont, so the old houses are safe for now.

On a side note, I forsee the player run housing market crashing, and LL getting a boost in Premiums, as people have been getting second premiums and such.

TLDR,

The old houses are going to be safe for awhile. 

Edited by AtriaLightmare

3 hours ago, WillowTenage said:

There still are a lot of people living in these areas, I hope that Linden decides to keep one of the continents open for us.

27 minutes ago, AtriaLightmare said:

I'm pretty certain no one has to worry about LL getting rid of some of the old continents, if the demand for new housing is any indication, it is going to be quite a while for demand to catch up to the supply. 708 houseboats apparently were gone within minutes today. They are going to need to hire an army if they want to supply the demand in any reasonable time frame, which they wont, so the old houses are safe for now.

On a side note, I forsee the player run housing market crashing, and LL getting a boost in Premiums, as people have been getting second premiums and such.

TLDR,

The old houses are going to be safe for awhile. 

Patch did state that the old homes would eventually go away, but last I heard it was expected to be a year away.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gryphon Ronas said:

she is the add-on queen!  She keeps making them and then I keep buying them, and then  I change houses again and again!

• Like 1

I’m still in an older Linden Home and I don’t care what others think, I love it.

Compared to the new homes there is a lot of space in my house.  The problem with the older homes is there is no yard and they are stuffed together to tightly.  There are no roads, some picnic tables, not much landscaping, all in all not pretty like the new homes area.  But I’m not leaving my 512 house and all the room I have inside.

My alt has one of the new houses and its like a pool table in side, I just keep bouncing off walls, the rooms are to small, she will not be making it home like I have made my 512 home for over 4 years now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shyla Starflare said:

Criteria:

1. Premium account

2. you must not currently own a Linden House (no matter new or not).

3. you must have 1024m land purchasing power. It can be the 1024m allowance from premium account or you paid extra fees for this 1024m.

Note:

There are no waiting list as far as I know. It will have announcement about the releasing time on forum (currently method). It seem a short notice. Not have the exact hour to release. Then it play first come first serve. It is because too many people rush to get at the same time, the system will get error return. All needed to do is refreshing after failure for hoping get one for time being. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Teagan Tobias said:

I’m still in an older Linden Home and I don’t care what others think, I love it.

Compared to the new homes there is a lot of space in my house.  The problem with the older homes is there is no yard and they are stuffed together to tightly.  There are no roads, some picnic tables, not much landscaping, all in all not pretty like the new homes area.  But I’m not leaving my 512 house and all the room I have inside.

My alt has one of the new houses and its like a pool table in side, I just keep bouncing off walls, the rooms are to small, she will not be making it home like I have made my 512 home for over 4 years now.

House Boat seem better, It has higher fps and more space inside. I am starting to my the roof my garden :)

4ab33d0f844ee5235634cf13197b989f (1).jpg

• Like 5

11 hours ago, ClariceRose said:

I'm wondering if the old houses had a sense of community or did people keep to themselves? What makes the new continent better? Just wondering how the "olden days were" and why we are so excited for this continent. I hope not just because of new and shiny.

I'm a new premium member and the places that I use to rent never really had a sense of community. The landlords would have some events but hardly anyone showed up.

I've only been in sl 5 1/2 yrs and have always longed for community. But most say that happened in the early yrs of sl and I missed out. I really hope this attitude of bonding, friendliness and community lasts. 

😍

The only sense of "community" I got out of my old Linden home happened once, a few weeks after I got my house. I was just changing my clothes and skin in my house, you know, normal stuff.

I suddenly get an IM out of nowhere, asking me to TP them to my location.

Mind you, at the time, I didn't know anything about parcel visibility. So in hindsight, I was most likely visibly naked to outsiders camming in. And this random dude just... wanted to TP to me without even a Hello first.

Left me with a very, uh, "strong" community feeling 😂....

• Haha 7

7 hours ago, Teagan Tobias said:

Then why did you decide to take it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Then why did you decide to take it?

Did not want to hear, but have you tried it?
1. So now I can say, yes I have given it a chance.
2. I am thinking a sky box could work, lot more prims.
3. I hear other models are going to show up, now I’m ready for one. (if I stay)
4. Its all about the challenge of the acquisition.

12 hours ago, WillowTenage said:

Para te dar uma ideia melhor, tirei uma foto : D

As casas estão muito próximas umas das outras, você verá alguns lugares para as pessoas se sentarem, mas eu raramente vejo pessoas fora de suas casas, além dos infohubs. Você também verá os caminhos dos quais estou falando.

Snapshot_471.thumb.png.a2051895b6f272121b7c44ec45591258.png

Aqui é a partir do nível do solo, eu estou sentado em um dos pontos comuns, todos pelo meu solitário :( Ainda assim, eu amo o meu lar Tahoe .. Comparado a estas novas casas e paisagismo, dificilmente compara embora.

Snapshot_474.thumb.png.404824f1aef535999ee5657f2f2c468e.png

Me and my family will keep you company.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Patch did state that the old homes would eventually go away, but last I heard it was expected to be a year away.

I'd say that makes for a pretty reliable time table, for when everyone (who is eligible) can own a new LL home. :)

My alt has had old style Linden homes on and off for several years. Usually the A frames but I much preferred the Japanese ones. In both cases with some modification to divide it up into rooms and add an upper level.

Only once did I ever see other avs in the same sim as me; they were a collection of bots all crammed into the one house for no apparent reason.

Zero community. Absolute zero.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Over the years I could take photos of the region I am in and the ones around me and shown it to be busy, other time I could show it almost empty, it changes.

But I agree, not a community, but its not built with that in mind from the way it looks to me.

I think Linden Lab has learned from their first Homes and have made improvements.  Looking at them there is no comparison at all between the old and the new, they are completely different, the land the houses, everything.  And it looks like the improvements are paying off for them, but Bellisseria is very young, we will see how it goes, but I have high hopes for it.  But with that much land to place a house on I am hoping they provide something with more floor space and no tiny rooms, even like the old Linden homes, make a subdivision for different style homes.  Without looking I believe the old homes are on 3 or 4 different continents, we may see that with the new homes also in time.
And just a side note, when I first got my Linden Home, I would get the message that no houses are available like what I was looking for, very much like Bellisseria is now, just saying.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.