Jump to content

No Floor and Ceiling texture with Traditional houses


Dragon692014
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1145 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I bought an addon for my Winchester house I think the original intent was for it to be a kitchen well I made it into a living room with a nice couch and fireplace even modified it and added a ceiling since what it came with was more like a barn than a house but there is no ceiling or floor texture in the content pack so I can not match it to my house is there anyway of getting those textures short of taking a pic of them as doing that would never look as good as the original texture. Also noticed there is no roof texture either but the both addons I have did a pretty good job of matching that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Dragon692014 said:

I bought an addon for my Winchester house I think the original intent was for it to be a kitchen well I made it into a living room with a nice couch and fireplace even modified it and added a ceiling since what it came with was more like a barn than a house but there is no ceiling or floor texture in the content pack so I can not match it to my house is there anyway of getting those textures short of taking a pic of them as doing that would never look as good as the original texture. Also noticed there is no roof texture either but the both addons I have did a pretty good job of matching that.

Go grad a new pack from the mailbox.  I'm pretty sure at least the floor textures are in there.  Not sure about the ceiling.  There is not roof texture included, though we have asked for that to be added.  They did add to that pack at least once.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Go grad a new pack from the mailbox.  I'm pretty sure at least the floor textures are in there.  Not sure about the ceiling.  There is not roof texture included, though we have asked for that to be added.  They did add to that pack at least once.

Nope I only got my house a 2 days ago and it is not in there I just got a new pack and still no floor or ceiling textures

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only the houseboat content pack includes the floor textures. There are no ceiling textures for either the houseboats or traditional houses to my knowledge.  I have messaged Patch about roof textures but I know he and the team are super busy trying to get new houses out to everyone, so I have no idea when they will be able to get to updating the texture pack.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Only the houseboat content pack includes the floor textures. There are no ceiling textures for either the houseboats or traditional houses to my knowledge.  I have messaged Patch about roof textures but I know he and the team are super busy trying to get new houses out to everyone, so I have no idea when they will be able to get to updating the texture pack.

Thanks for your reply I hope they can add them soon I know they have been super busy I just wasn't sure if they were aware this was something we would like to have.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Houseboat must have been where I saw the floor textures then.   

We've actually requested that pretty much every texture used be included in the packs.  For the houses, we also want the texture for the picket fence, the brick wall, and the hedges.  That way we could expand what is there will small LI versions that the ones provided in pack.  Definitely want the roof texture.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lukas Thetan said:

For the house packs it would have been nice if LL had included a set of doors as well, for those of us that want to add or divide interior rooms.

Or at least provide the textures and we could just create our own

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Houseboat must have been where I saw the floor textures then.   

We've actually requested that pretty much every texture used be included in the packs.  For the houses, we also want the texture for the picket fence, the brick wall, and the hedges.  That way we could expand what is there will small LI versions that the ones provided in pack.  Definitely want the roof texture.

Hedge textures would be nice too I have hedges put out by LL on 3 sides of my house and wanted to have some in the back I know they include hedges in the pack but at 4 prims each I could not justify the 20 prims it would take to cover the back of my house.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Dragon692014 said:

Hedge textures would be nice too I have hedges put out by LL on 3 sides of my house and wanted to have some in the back I know they include hedges in the pack but at 4 prims each I could not justify the 20 prims it would take to cover the back of my house.

Yeah, I'm in a similar situation with the picket fence.  

I'm hoping, now that the houseboat release is over, that they'll do a texture pack update.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Dragon692014 said:

Hedge textures would be nice too I have hedges put out by LL on 3 sides of my house and wanted to have some in the back I know they include hedges in the pack but at 4 prims each I could not justify the 20 prims it would take to cover the back of my house.

If you search Linden Home on the Marketplace, you find a fence that's 8 m long for 0.5 LI. 4 of them together cover 32 m for 2 LI. They don't look 100% like the Linden fences, but same style. I have a white picket fence myself. I like the ones made by the moles, but LI is king in SL. You must sort to newest first, it's made by Teegle.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

If you search Linden Home on the Marketplace, you find a fence that's 8 m long for 0.5 LI. 4 of them together cover 32 m for 2 LI. They don't look 100% like the Linden fences, but same style. I have a white picket fence myself. I like the ones made by the moles, but LI is king in SL. You must sort to newest first, it's made by Teegle.

You should be getting 100% of all LI that comes with a 1024 parcel, so adding new fences would use of that, no? I have a houseboat, so I'm not sure about that, but that is my understanding (waiting for the third or fourth wave to get a house for my alt, so I *am* curious). If you keep all the Mole stuff it is zero LI against you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Alyona Su said:

You should be getting 100% of all LI that comes with a 1024 parcel, so adding new fences would use of that, no? I have a houseboat, so I'm not sure about that, but that is my understanding (waiting for the third or fourth wave to get a house for my alt, so I *am* curious). If you keep all the Mole stuff it is zero LI against you.

It would be awesome, but it is wrong. You have mole stuff in your houseboat buoy as well. A steering wheel and some more decor. I don't remember.

Try to rez some of it, it uses your LI. Same with the hedges and fences for the houses. If it isn't there when you claim the house, you don't get to use it for free.

Some houses have hedges and fences on all 4 sides, some nothing. It is all part of making the landscape different. Nothing is cloned.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

It would be awesome, but it is wrong. You have mole stuff in your houseboat buoy as well. A steering wheel and some more decor. I don't remember.

Try to rez some of it, it uses your LI. Same with the hedges and fences for the houses. If it isn't there when you claim the house, you don't get to use it for free.

Some houses have hedges and fences on all 4 sides, some nothing. It is all part of making the landscape different. Nothing is cloned.

OH! So those fences or hedges are optional??? LOL If that is a yes then YAY!  -Oh I see - so some have them and some don't. I'll be trying for one that doesn't have any LOL

Edited by Alyona Su
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those fences that have been rezzed by the moles just outside your parcel are not optional. But there are many homes that do not have those fences and consequently, those like myself, have had to rez our own fences. Those do indeed count against our LI. If we use the fences supplied in the content pack they too count against our LI. And they have rather high land impact values, so most of us have either made our own or gone looking for a lower land impact replacement. It's really unfortunate because every time we use a supplied mole made item it helps to reduce texture lag since those textures are already in our caches. I will eventually abandon and try for another house that does have a fence just outside the parcel boundary as well as having a easterly or westerly orientation as I want the sun coming in through the windows during the day.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

OH! So those fences or hedges are optional??? LOL If that is a yes then YAY!  -Oh I see - so some have them and some don't. I'll be trying for one that doesn't have any LOL

The hedges or fencing that is already out on the land when you first get a house is actually outside of the property lines of the house parcel (it is on the edge of a buffer zone inbetween parcels) and cannot be removed or replaced.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

The hedges or fencing that is already out on the land when you first get a house is actually outside of the property lines of the house parcel (it is on the edge of a buffer zone inbetween parcels) and cannot be removed or replaced.

That's what I thought (hence my reply previous about adding LI if buying "replacement fence".) Based on the preview homes, I already I know I want one where the "property" entrance is off to the side so I will have room to create a driveway (car park for the rest of the world LOL) though knowing some come with none, that could be even better. That there is one example of how everyone has different wants. I know some want a home by the sea, others want near woods or open spaces. I don't care if it's in downtown central, I just want to be able to make a driveway and be next to a road. LOL

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1145 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...