If it were not so sad, it would be comical...

Cahtias

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1145 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

He'd say put on your big girl panties and deal with it.

Yeah Beth I say that also ... but that has nothing to do with the fact Linden Labs not learning from the first release to make enough for the demand, hence " Poor Planning leads to P!ss Poor Performance" 

1 hour ago, Cahtias said:

I have been trying to keep up to date for the past 24 hours,, unfortunatley i drive a truck so I am not 100 percent near my computer all the time. Although I was refreshing using my smart phone from time to time. So I get an update message about the new houseboats. .so I think great, i got to get one, no houseboats.. I cant imagine that they are all sold as i was told that the others went in like 48 hours so I should be good to go by monitoring it.. Well, no, they apparently went fast.. how many did you make?? 10?? 

While the first batch of houses/houseboats were all taken in 48 hours, the houseboats themselves were gone in roughly 12 hours.  This last batch was 709 houseboats.  They went faster because more people knew about them ahead of time.

1 hour ago, Cahtias said:

Why dont you make enough homes to meet the demand and THEN announce they are available? 

Answered that in one of your other posts about this.

58 minutes ago, Cahtias said:

so by that count,, the first release must have been quite a few 1000?  that took 48 hours before stock ran out,, surely they must have known that 700 would not suffice. 

Yes they knew it would go fast -- here is what Patch said:
"We know they will go very quickly, but as time goes on we will get more out, and hopefully faster."

55 minutes ago, Cahtias said:

being told that the first batch went in 48 hours so just stay up to date and when announced you will get one no problem.

Nowhere did any Linden ever say that getting one from this batch would be "no problem".

50 minutes ago, Cahtias said:

Beth, i have no idea who in these forums are "official" and who is not.. 

The only "official" people ever in SL are folks with the last name of Linden or Mole

35 minutes ago, Dick Spad said:

And wouldn't you think they would learn for that .. that the demand for them is high? So let's make enough so everyone has a chance to get them

Eventually there will be enough for everyone.  If they waited until that point - likely a year out - everyone would be screaming to release whatever they had NOW.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

They aren't the only ones who want uniqueness. I haven't seen another spot in Bellisseria that looks just like my little spot and I'm thrilled. I don't want it to look cookie cutter... why would anyone? 

I guess some people really love the look of subdivisions?

That is not quite possible to make it that way, especially on water as it is expected a usable sailing sea path. That will greatly reduce the capacity of each sim. If anyone like to have uniqueness and subdivision, they should go for own they land or rent island. Since LL already give out a house-prim-free land. 

5 minutes ago, Chronometria said:

Whats up with these houses anyhow? Why we got people who own whole sims tryin to get one? Is it to get into the community?

Why all them rich folks not buyin property in bay city then? I not get it

there are several reasons

1. It's New and Shiny (the place to be)

2. It's done really well! If you have a previous Linden Home, there is no comparison at all 

3. There is a great sense of community there

4. Affordable waterfront property!

5. No ban lines!

6+ a million more reasons I'm sure folks will expand on 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Chronometria said:

Whats up with these houses anyhow? Why we got people who own whole sims tryin to get one? Is it to get into the community?

Why all them rich folks not buyin property in bay city then? I not get it.

Because LL promote it as a premium account benefit. There were many useless benefit from LL to premium over years. So they want to get back their long lost benefit with this time.

1 minute ago, Heathernorton said:

there are several reasons

1. It's New and Shiny (the place to be)

2. It's done really well! If you have a previous Linden Home, there is no comparison at all 

3. There is a great sense of community there

4. Affordable waterfront property!

5. No ban lines!

6+ a million more reasons I'm sure folks will expand on 

THIS!  Also... a gorgeous landscape, everywhere!  We can able to sail, fly, ride or drive nonstop!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

I am thinking LL can duplicate the whole boat house sims cluster for another immediately new release. I am not really think there are need any  unique design on road, waterway, trees or landscape. As we can see it only has a skeleton layout of docks on water. What do you think about this? 

https://gyazo.com/7a89cd64491cbbb2d080d1cefe620706

This is what it look like. Is there any uniqueness. 

There actually is uniqueness there if you go look.  All of those sandbars are landscaped and decorated differently.  They wanted to be fast but still not make it look like copy/paste.

18 minutes ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

I guess 10k~20k houses/boat houses may be appropriated at the end. I assume excluding there are multiple accounts holders and those already settled on private island/main land.

I'm not sure there will be 10k houseboats when they are done.  They are releasing some more, but we also know they plan on more themes/styles as well.

9 minutes ago, Dick Spad said:

Yeah Beth I say that also ... but that has nothing to do with the fact Linden Labs not learning from the first release to make enough for the demand, hence " Poor Planning leads to P!ss Poor Performance" 

Many of us have already said this:  If they waited until they had enough for everyone -- not even knowing for sure how many that is -- it would be at least a year.  

Additionally, if they did put out say 50 K at once - not quite the total of Premium users, since we know some won't want a Linden Home -- and then say only 30K users actually wanted homes.  Because of how the system randomly assigns the homes, spreading them out, we'd end up with giant empty areas -- and folks don't want that either.

By releasing them in batches, when the demand finally starts slowing down, then they'll know roughly how many they need to handle current requirements plus a buffer for new requests.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Dick Spad said:

I disagree that it's poor planning. I think it's wonderful planning. It makes perfect sense to release these in smallish batches. They get them out faster, they have time to see and deal with bugs, and it allows the community to grow organically and ease through some growing pains. 50,000 people dumped onto one continent at the same time, right next to each other, from every conceivable walk of life... there are already issues coming up that were never even considered even with the relatively small group of us there now. 

They simply cannot make everyone happy. It's utterly impossible. If they'd dumped them all at once, people would complain when there were issues with that. 

It's the same as releasing different phases of a new subdivision. Some people get in on the first phase, some have to wait. 

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, Dick Spad said:

What didn't they learn from the first release?

And if your answer is that they should have had enough for everybody (in a month, no less) then you have not been paying attention.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1145 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.