Jump to content

If it were not so sad, it would be comical...


Cahtias
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I have been trying to keep up to date for the past 24 hours,, unfortunatley i drive a truck so I am not 100 percent near my computer all the time. Although I was refreshing using my smart phone from time to time. So I get an update message about the new houseboats. .so I think great, i got to get one, no houseboats.. I cant imagine that they are all sold as i was told that the others went in like 48 hours so I should be good to go by monitoring it.. Well, no, they apparently went fast.. how many did you make?? 10?? 

Its really sad this is being handled this way.. Why dont you make enough homes to meet the demand and THEN announce they are available? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Cahtias said:

I have been trying to keep up to date for the past 24 hours,, unfortunatley i drive a truck so I am not 100 percent near my computer all the time. Although I was refreshing using my smart phone from time to time. So I get an update message about the new houseboats. .so I think great, i got to get one, no houseboats.. I cant imagine that they are all sold as i was told that the others went in like 48 hours so I should be good to go by monitoring it.. Well, no, they apparently went fast.. how many did you make?? 10?? 

Its really sad this is being handled this way.. Why dont you make enough homes to meet the demand and THEN announce they are available? 

I believe they released over 700 today.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They actually handled it pretty well. This batch went so fast because MAAAAAANY more people knew about the homes this time around than the first. Demand is very high. I'm sorry you missed them, as a lot of people did if they were sleeping, at work/at school, out, etc. If they waited to have many more, we'd be waiting a lot longer. It took them a month to make those 709 released today. The first was something between 2000-3000(and they had been working on them for many months.. like 8-10?).

I was in your boat, so to speak, until Sunday when I finally lucked in to the house roulette. It sucks to wait, and I really feel for those stuck having to do so, but it'll get easier I think with the next batch.. estimates say something like a month-ish from now if it's anything like these ones.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

thats not the point Beth, its not a matter of greed.. its a matter of making availing myself in an effort to get one when they are announced and being told that the first batch went in 48 hours so just stay up to date and when announced you will get one no problem.. all this does is throw crumbs to the starving masses making lots of people frustrated and mad. Better would be to wait and announce when you have a big enough batch to make a dent in the demand.. I just think this is poor management  and not very good customer service. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It does not really matter as I dont NEED  a house. I have a house and a sim that I pay for along with others. Its more the principal of the thing,, I guess ill just quit worrying about it and maybe in a few months there will be some available.. no big deal. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Cahtias said:

thats not the point Beth, its not a matter of greed.. its a matter of making availing myself in an effort to get one when they are announced and being told that the first batch went in 48 hours so just stay up to date and when announced you will get one no problem.. all this does is throw crumbs to the starving masses making lots of people frustrated and mad. Better would be to wait and announce when you have a big enough batch to make a dent in the demand.. I just think this is poor management  and not very good customer service. 

Who said that you'd get one "no problem"? Source? Because I've never seen anyone in any official capacity say anything like that. 

They had NO idea the first batch of homes would go so quickly. I truly believe it absolutely caught them off guard and now they are working day and night to hurry the next batches along. Patch said that the next batch will hopefully be quicker. I have several friends that were hoping to get in today and missed out. It sucks, but it is what it is. I think they're handling things quite well.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Cahtias said:

I just think this is poor management  and not very good customer service. 

I totally agree!! Linden Lab needs to come up with a better system that is fair to all members. We all can't sit in front of a computer all day and have our trigger finger ready when they release them. So yes the way they are as Cahtias puts it throwing crumbs to the starving masses is making others frustrated and mad.

Edited by Dick Spad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Cahtias said:

Beth, i have no idea who in these forums are "official" and who is not.. let me see if I can find the quote.. one sec

same as inworld, the only ones official are Linden's, others in charge are moderators, but those won't post.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Cahtias said:

thats not the point Beth, its not a matter of greed.. its a matter of making availing myself in an effort to get one when they are announced and being told that the first batch went in 48 hours so just stay up to date and when announced you will get one no problem.. all this does is throw crumbs to the starving masses making lots of people frustrated and mad. Better would be to wait and announce when you have a big enough batch to make a dent in the demand.. I just think this is poor management  and not very good customer service. 

 

7 minutes ago, Cahtias said:

It does not really matter as I dont NEED  a house. I have a house and a sim that I pay for along with others. Its more the principal of the thing,, I guess ill just quit worrying about it and maybe in a few months there will be some available.. no big deal. 

Mmm hmmm...

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Cahtias said:

Beth, i have no idea who in these forums are "official" and who is not.. let me see if I can find the quote.. one sec

Was their name Something LINDEN or Something MOLE? Because if not, they weren't official.

 

2 minutes ago, Dick Spad said:

We all can't sit in front of a computer all day and have our trigger finger ready when the release them. So yes the way they are as Cahtias puts it throwing crumbs to the starving masses is making others frustrated and mad.

I actually am stunned that 709 of them went in 27 minutes today, and I bet the Lindens and Moles are, too. I think they were stunned that the original batch went in 48 hours. Once they saw the demand for those original ones, should they have taken them back until they could have built enough to have one for every premium member?

Edited by Beth Macbain
Typo
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

should they have taken them back until they could have been enough to have one for every premium member?

Maybe not taken them back ... but maybe limit one per primary account. Or some other system to make sure that each premium member has one home/houseboat before you let all these alts grab them all up!!!

5 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

hey were stunned that the original batch went in 48 hours

And wouldn't you think they would learn for that .. that the demand for them is high? So let's make enough so everyone has a chance to get them !!! As we use to stay in the Navy... remember the 5 P's ( Poor Planning leads to P!ss Poor Performance )

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dick Spad said:

but maybe limit one per primary account.

this is just what is happening, every premium account can apply for a Linden Home, if available. And if there are no new home or boats are available, do as any other... get a old home till the new batch comes available.
Don't speak about alts, in general you can say that for LL those don't excist... a premium account is a premium account, with the same rights as any other premium account.
I understand the disapointment but that doesn't justify limiting rights for other paying members.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No need to blame someone for being puzzled & disappointed for not being able to snag a new home.  And Linden isn't to blame that they were snapped up so fast.  True, many people were aware of how to get one, & really trying hard.  But many were taking up to 3 new houses, using alt.  It is what it is, lol.  I'm just waiting, refreshing now & then, I'll be satisfied that I'll get someting eventually.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am thinking LL can duplicate the whole boat house sims cluster for another immediately new release. I am not really think there are need any  unique design on road, waterway, trees or landscape. As we can see it only has a skeleton layout of docks on water. What do you think about this? 

https://gyazo.com/7a89cd64491cbbb2d080d1cefe620706

This is what it look like. Is there any uniqueness. 

Edited by Ruslana Koskinen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Dick Spad said:

Maybe not taken them back ... but maybe limit one per primary account. Or some other system to make sure that each premium member has one home/houseboat before you let all these alts grab them all up!!!

And wouldn't you think they would learn for that .. that the demand for them is high? So let's make enough so everyone has a chance to get them !!! As we use to stay in the Navy... remember the 5 P's ( Poor Planning leads to P!ss Poor Performance )

Okay, so by your reasoning, after seeing the demand for the first batch, they should have not completed anymore until they were all done? I have no idea how many premium accounts there are but I think I heard something like 50 or 60 thousand.

That would still be punishing the majority because of a few loud voices who are biting themselves in the foot by making everyone wait longer to get one. 

My dad was in the Navy. He'd say put on your big girl panties and deal with it.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Okay, so by your reasoning, after seeing the demand for the first batch, they should have not completed anymore until they were all done? I have no idea how many premium accounts there are but I think I heard something like 50 or 60 thousand.

That would still be punishing the majority because of a few loud voices who are biting themselves in the foot by making everyone wait longer to get one. 

My dad was in the Navy. He'd say put on your big girl panties and deal with it.

WEDNESDAY, MAY 01, 2019
Second Life Now Has About 60,000 Premium Subscribers -- Up ~3000 From 2017 Low Point, But Still Below 2012'S Peak Of 70,000

https://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2019/05/sl-premium-subscriptions-linden-lab-tyche.html

.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

I am thinking LL can duplicate the whole boat house sims cluster for another immediately new release. I am not really think there are need any  unique design on road, waterway, trees or landscape. As we can see it only has a skeleton layout of docks on water. What do you think about this? 

They could very easily with minor changes. We know its the same size as the green pickle however LL said they wont do that as they want uniqueness. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Cahtias said:

so by that count,, the first release must have been quite a few 1000?  that took 48 hours before stock ran out,, surely they must have known that 700 would not suffice. 

I guess 10k~20k houses/boat houses may be appropriated at the end. I assume excluding there are multiple accounts holders and those already settled on private island/main land.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They aren't the only ones who want uniqueness. I haven't seen another spot in Bellisseria that looks just like my little spot and I'm thrilled. I don't want it to look cookie cutter... why would anyone? 

I guess some people really love the look of subdivisions?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...