Thank You!

Raith Dagger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

They actually did a great job in getting that new area set up in just a month - and all on the fly, so to speak, because I'm pretty sure that was not part of their original plans.

And, WOW, all snapped up in roughly 30 minutes or less.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

Seriously they did a great job. I had low hopes of grabbing one especially since I just found out about this like a week or so ago. I was really impressed with the work done all over this continent. It really seems LL is listening to the residents this time around. Well done Lindens, really well done!

• Like 3

I'm glad all y'all got your new boat, but I'm still in shock over what happened here. :( A whole month waiting. You go to the loo**, you come back, and all effort flushed down the toilet. To say this was a bummer is understating it.

** Or, in my case, you restart your computer.

• Sad 6

2 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

A few hours wait from 7am not bad at all. Last time was around mid day I believe. 

The new area looks very nice. 

It took 27 minutes for the new houseboats to sell out. 

Did you get one Daniel?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

I'm glad all y'all got your new boat, but I'm still in shock over what happened here. :( A whole month waiting. You go to the loo**, you come back, and all effort flushed down the toilet. To say this was a bummer is understating it.

The Lindens were there when everyone was looking around and meeting up at the Pickle cafe/lounge.  In one of the Bellissaria groups, it was mentioned by one of them that this was a small launch, so there is more coming in the future.  On when that will happen, I don't know but at least there is hope for more.  There has been mention of a different theme in the future, so that must be the larger launch possibly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Female Winslet said:

I can't believe I missed out. Those went even faster than the original launch. It wasn't even close, in fact.

I wonder if there would be any demand for land with some reasonable limitations on security orbs and ban lines. Like Bellissaria, for example. 🙂

I was told that they were sold out in 27 minutes.  In the Bellissaria group, it was mentioned that this was a "small" launch and that the next one they do will be larger with more houses and I think, it will be a different theme.

15 minutes ago, Vega Firelyte said:

I was told that they were sold out in 27 minutes.  In the Bellissaria group, it was mentioned that this was a "small" launch and that the next one they do will be larger with more houses and I think, it will be a different theme.

Well 709 official houseboats (they evidently snuck a few extras in after my countings :D) isn't all that small.  

For the folks that don't hang out at the forums much it is REALLY important to pay attention to the OFFICIAL INFORMATION.  

For example, in the update post today Patch said:

We know they will go very quickly, but as time goes on we will get more out, and hopefully faster.

Our next focus will be to bring more Traditional Homes plus more Houseboats in another smaller launch while working in parallel to a larger launch and an exciting new theme. 
As usual, stay tuned here for more updates!:"

We DO know officially now that there will be both more TRADITIONAL houses that we have now, some more houseboats and (eventually) some new styles of houses. A few month's ago at a talk Patch said that nautical themes would be in the mix but that of course could change over time. 

So yes, there will be more styles and more houses, but that doesn't appear to be NEXT on the agenda. You can watch the SSP staging area to get an idea of both timeline and what will be offered. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling and grammar and deleted some slightly snarky text :D
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Vega Firelyte said:

I heard the same. I will keep an eye out on the Linden home getting page and see if I manage to pick one up. In the meantime, I will see if I can fly over and provide a coast guard safety inspection since I have a coast guard version helicopter. Coast guard should be seen in maritime areas, after all. 

• Like 1

Wow, I'm absolutely stunned at the response to this.

I did manage to get one, thanks to making the decision to sneak away from my desk at work and spend twenty minutes on my mobile phone, refreshing the page, getting error after error, and finally got one. If I'd waited til I got home, I'd have missed them by an hour. Although its in a rubbish location, no beach at all, just a little cluster in the southwest corner of the Pickle, moored up in open water. But it's heaps better than Tahoe.

• Like 7

I just want to say a big thank- you to Patch and the rest of the Linden team plus all the hardworking moles. I love my new houseboat and the sim I'm on and I want to get out sailing and meeting neighbours soon. Meeting people and socializing, was something I never did in my old Linden Homes. - Thank-you

• Like 5

7 hours ago, kiramanell said:

I know your pain, I was taking a short break from my PC apparently, when the flood gates opened, and got back and discovered it was all over already.  I felt like a kid waiting up on Xmas eve to meet Santa, only to doze off for 5 minutes, and wake up to find no presents under the tree, but the milk and cookies eaten. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Karl Herber said:

Wow, I'm absolutely stunned at the response to this.

I did manage to get one, thanks to making the decision to sneak away from my desk at work and spend twenty minutes on my mobile phone, refreshing the page, getting error after error, and finally got one. If I'd waited til I got home, I'd have missed them by an hour. Although its in a rubbish location, no beach at all, just a little cluster in the southwest corner of the Pickle, moored up in open water. But it's heaps better than Tahoe.

I don't have a beach either -- I'm in the NE corner - but I got  a square corner parcel and thus have a beautiful view and direct access for sailing.  I can TP to a beach and we can't rez anything on most of them anyway.

image.png.4b6b68c806f833a527820058fb8f51ce.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I don't have a beach either -- I'm in the NE corner - but I got  a square corner parcel and thus have a beautiful view and direct access for sailing.  I can TP to a beach and we can't rez anything on most of them anyway.

image.png.4b6b68c806f833a527820058fb8f51ce.png

Mine is square too. I wish they let you change which way the boats are facing: my favourite one (Wallow I think) is oriented the wrong way, so the big windows all have a view of nothing but my neighbour. And yet Windlass is oriented the other way. 

Odd.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.