I went to the loo, and missed it.

Anna Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1804 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Ellen Cordeaux said:

Thanks LittleMe,

That's not from today tho, it's from April 18th.  I thought she was referring to the fast sell-out from today.

Patch updated just a piece of that very top post in that thread:

image.png.b7e261b52832346d633aee0b32cbe280.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Must have been just a FEW minutes!!

While in the error-thread people were exitedly telling they get errors and get houseboats I refreshed like crazy and got NOTHING - just the old stuff!! Finally I decided to log out and log in with my malealt that isn't premium!! HE got offered a HOUSE - which is just what I wanted - so I let myself being lured into spending another 9,50 US$ and make him premium. ...

But when I was through with giving them my Paypal account and went back to the house, it had turned to an ERROR instead!! After lots of errors he got ... a houseboat!! at a very ugly location - Sagarc -

Well I decided to keep what I've got and sent Leora into the ring again. She got offered few houses and lots of houseboats ... all ending in ERRORS. At last she got a houseboat that was a quite nice location. - Slippery Wharf -

So my malealt abandoned his and tried again - lots of errors - no houses - at last a houseboat not quite as nice as Leoras but acceptable - Sea of Ruby -  So Leora dared to abandon and ended up ... like a month ago .... with NOTHING!! 

About half an hour after seeing the first offer of anything but the OLD homes the new are over and done with!

And I spent 9.50 to get a houseboat I do not really want!! dash_kolob_girl.gif

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2

So we know now what to tell folks I guess when new places come out LOL.  

I NEVER received any notice about Patch updating his thread, even though I have "instant" notifications turned on.  I may get it tomorrow ^^ so likely that isn't the best advice for the future. 

Like some noted, I went out to make tea (about two minutes) and came back to find that the atoll was full of green dots.  Like pretty much everyone all I got was error messages on the website and a few "out of stock" and those green dots might have been there longer while I was busy refreshing. I then went over to my notebook thinking that finishing the process would be faster with touch and got a houseboat. Turned it in, got another, turned it in.  Never planned to keep it -- just wanted the atoll experience.   

BUT I have two friends that now have houseboats that WANTED houses. Good to know they will have a chance again (maybe in a month since it took that long with this release?).   

But honestly if you weren't RIGHT there checking your computer you lost out (no notice on the SL blog) and even if you WERE right there all the website errors were beyond frustrating.

VERY HAPPY I was part of the much more fun original release. That was a super fun stellar day. 

And congrats to those that got their plots.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Must have been just a FEW minutes!!

While in the error-Thread people were exitedly tellin they get errors and got houseboats I refreshed like craza and got NOTHING - just the old stuff!!

A few of us had that happen also, but if you actually clicked the drop down, you then saw the houseboats.  Not sure why they weren't defaulting to that for everyone.

2 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Finally I decided to log out and log in with my ame alt that ISN'T Premium!! HE got offered a HOUSE

That offer is simply part of their standard offer for signing up to Premium.  It does not mean any specific model is actually available.  

4 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

And I spent 9.50 to get a houseboat I do not really want!! dash_kolob_girl.gif

Whichever one doesn't currently have anything can continue to try off & on as there will likely still be some abandoning.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I honestly wouldn't expect to see anything new before the SL 16 Bday Celebration, which starts June 20th.

It is good to know that they are going to be working on MORE as well as NEW houses. So there might be some new areas of the old stuff in the next month, but unless there are more folks working than previously it doesn't seem like they can get BOTH done on the same timeline.  I will be happy if they get some prototypes out for the birthday (only a month away (ish) now.   They could maybe work on the original PICKLE area as that has both houses and boats planned. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ActuallyWaffles said:

I've seen 10 houses/boats so far, but every time I've gotten an error or sold out message immediately. I hope the next batch comes out a lot sooner than a month from now...

Will probably take at least as long. I believe it was Jewell (or Chic?) who quoted Patch saying they'll do a smaller batch for the next round (along with a larger batch of a new, yet undisclosed theme).

What this means for me, I dunno yet. Feeling still mighty groggy over today, for one. Not going to cancel my Premium (as per outlined elsewhere); but, realistically, I really need to be asking myself whether I want to go thru this whole ordeal yet again next month; and by that I mean, building up my hopes for a whole month, only to see them dashed in the snap of a moment, when I had to restart my computer. As headmaster Brian Stimpson says to Laura, in Clockwise: "It's not the despair. I can stand the despair. It's the hope!"

I am genuinely happy for those who got one this time. And considering what some ppl did with their creations, it might even be for the best I missed out, LOL, as I sure had my work cut out for me, trying to come up with something nice too. If anything, this experience has taught me (or, rather, reminded me) that some folks are just insanely gifted, decoration-wise. What brave new word, that has such talent in it! :) 

• Sad 4

2 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Will probably take at least as long. I believe it was Jewell (or Chic?) who quoted Patch saying they'll do a smaller batch for the next round (along with a larger batch of a new, yet undisclosed theme).

What this means for me, I dunno yet. Feeling still mighty groggy over today, for one. Not going to cancel my Premium (as per outlined elsewhere); but, realistically, I really need to be asking myself whether I want to go thru this whole ordeal yet again next month; and by that I mean, building up my hopes for a whole month, only to see them dashed in the snap of a moment, when I had to restart my computer. As headmaster Brian Stimpson says to Laura, in Clockwise: "It's not the despair. I can stand the despair. It's the hope!"

I am genuinely happy for those who got one this time. And considering what some ppl did with their creations, it might even be for the best I missed out, LOL, as I sure had my work cut out for me, trying to come up with something nice too. If anything, this experience has taught me (or, rather, reminded me) that some folks are just insanely gifted, decoration-wise. What brave new word, that has such talent in it! :) 

Well on the PLUS side, the more people that get homes, the less that will need them. So eventually (and that might be a very long time in the future) the supply should catch up with the demand --- or maybe some folks at The Lab can get shifted over from things most citizens don't care about or want LOL.  That would be a double plus.  

There will likely still be some folks abandoning boats and houses as the move over to new places, so there is still a better than normal possibility of getting a plot.   All is not lost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

There will likely still be some folks abandoning boats and houses as the move over to new places, so there is still a better than normal possibility of getting a plot.   All is not lost.

Yeah, I think it's very likely that there are people who used alts to claim new houseboats today while they were not actually in world, and we will see them abandoning other parcels tonight when they are able to log on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cahtias said:

Why put them out in "waves",, make a big batch and put them out,, that would seem to me to be the best way 

Because it would take a much longer time to create a big batch, which means many more people would have to wait a lot longer. Why make everyone wait? This way, a group gets some, then with the next release, another group gets some, and on and on, rather than depriving everyone for months.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Cahtias said:

Why put them out in "waves",, make a big batch and put them out,, that would seem to me to be the best way 

They spent roughly 9 months getting the continent actually created and then creating all of the 'VERY VERY CUSTOMIZED' regions for the first batch of houses and houseboats.  They then spent another month creating this new 40 region batch of houseboats.  Creating the customized regions is what takes the time.  Each region is unique -- with different landscaping and decorations -- so that it does not look or feel like a copy/paste operation.

They could do all of it before releasing any and then we likely would not have gotten anything for at least another year.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cahtias said:

Another thing they could have done  - limit these first releases to just brand new accounts, and have existing accounts wait until there were enough regions created for all remaining existing premium accounts.   The group that I think was most short-changed from the existing process were the brand new accounts who go premium right away so that they can have a Linden Home while they're learning about how everything works in SL.  

ETA:  And I fully realize newcomers going premium can still get an older Linden Home, but so can existing premium members.

Edited by moirakathleen
added another thought
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

Another thing they could have done  - limit these first releases to just brand new accounts, and have existing accounts wait until there were enough regions created for all remaining existing premium accounts.   The group that I think was most short-changed from the existing process were the brand new accounts who go premium right away so that they can have a Linden Home while they're learning about how everything works in SL.  

ETA:  And I fully realize newcomers going premium can still get an older Linden Home, but so can existing premium members.

And if they'd done that, people who have been loyal premium members for years would be angry. 

There was no way for them to do this that was going to please everyone. They are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

And if they'd done that, people who have been loyal premium members for years would be angry. 

There was no way for them to do this that was going to please everyone. They are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Beth I dont know if you or someone you know works for linden .. with your talk of "they work night and day blah blah" But honey, if you're gonna argue with ever upset person on here today ...

Just let the people vent for a few hours.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I'm aware of that fully.    I wasn't being serious - it was just another "option" that no one had mentioned yet, so I thought I'd throw it out.   

I don't think there was a better way than what they did, and I think given the issues the technical hiccups the first week, and some of the social issues that arose as well, that releasing 50k houses on a continent all at once would not have worked out well.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Louminca said:

Beth I dont know if you or someone you know works for linden .. with your talk of "they work night and day blah blah" But honey, if you're gonna argue with ever upset person on here today ...

Just let the people vent for a few hours.  

No, sweetie, I don't work for LL or know anyone who works for LL. 

And I rather enjoy a good debate, sunshine. As long as people have something to say, so do I. Have a magnificent day, darling! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ActuallyWaffles said:

I've seen 10 houses/boats so far, but every time I've gotten an error or sold out message immediately. I hope the next batch comes out a lot sooner than a month from now...

I spent yesterday refreshing and got that message about twenty times.  The release announcement came at three am my time so no hope of grabbing one then. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1804 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.