NEW Linden Homes 2019 .... WTF!!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I believe discount is different than refund. And if is were to be as dramatic and some of you all seem to be. I would have canceled the membership in the first place. LOL! Once again it is fairness in billing. "We always get peeps"? So you own/operate this forum?

• Haha 1

Correct me if I am wrong  (I'm not)  but nowhere does it say premiums are entitled to a particuar linden home, on a particular continent, new or old.  Just you can have a home of which there are plenty.  Nobody has to be homeless

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, KyleKC said:

I think the premium should be reduced for those who are unable to obtain accommodations in the new area and have relinquished ownership of the outdated parcels in order to stand in line for updated ones.  

Kyle, before I got my home I went to the new continent and boated, bicycled, sat on the beach with the light house, talked to people. I'm glad I have my home now, but I'm not any happier than when I didn't have it. You could be participating in all that, and looking around and planning how you want to decorate your new home.

You are upset over what is actually pennies a month because they give you 1200 $L stipend monthly -- if LL reduced the price even a little they'd be paying you to play...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Kyle, before I got my home I went to the new continent and boated, bicycled, sat on the beach with the light house, talked to people. I'm glad I have my home now, but I'm not any happier than when I didn't have it. You could be participating in all that, and looking around and planning how you want to decorate your new home.

You are upset over what is actually pennies a month because they give you 1200 $L stipend monthly -- if LL reduced the price even a little they'd be paying you to play...

I'm not upset or impatient in the least! It was just a simple comment and you get these all these snotty peeps making comments. I actually already have four parcels. Some peeps in the forums get so overly dramatic. LOL! Btw, I used to see you in world from time to time. Nice to hear from you. :-) 

Edited by KyleKC
additional info

5 minutes ago, KyleKC said:

I'm not upset or impatient in the least! It was just a simple comment and you get these all these snotty peeps making comments. I actually already have four parcels. Some peeps in the forums get so overly dramatic. LOL! Btw, I used to see you in world from time to time. Nice to hear from you. 🙂

I think some are just getting sick of posters unable to see LL's side and feeling like things are unfair (whether you are upset about this unfairness or not).

I see this as an update, and updates are a process, and virtual worlds are different than businesses you reference.

Nice to hear from you too, if you decide to be a little more understanding of 'the other side'.

14 minutes ago, KyleKC said:

Shouldn't that read 2009?

This forum has had three iterations. If all of my posts from the original forums had also carried over when this one came into being then when you checked my profile a little while ago in an attempt to prove me wrong about my own participation here you would have seen how far back that participation (and, therefore, my memory of those countless complaining "I want a discount/rebate/my money back!" posts) actually goes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, KyleKC said:

I love the way you oldies come running to protect your little corner of the world.

Wait... I get a WHOLE CORNER of the world? All this time I've been making do with one region. Get off my quarter of Second Life, all you whippersnappers! This oldie wants to race some mobility scooters and you're ON MAH LAWN!

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, Skell Dagger said:

Wait... I get a WHOLE CORNER of the world? All this time I've been making do with one region. Get off my quarter of Second Life, all you whippersnappers! This oldie wants to race some mobility scooters and you're ON MAH LAWN!

Woooo an I'm going to have the last word person. Impressive. LOL!

2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

EAT MY DUST!

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Haha 2

That's it. I am never going premium or trying to get a house. In the unlikely event that I should want a home in future (never have before), I'll just rent. I know someone upthread or elsewhere said that they had had a home and never had any angst about it, but we all know what happens when you gaze into the abyss. And this abyss is utterly batcrazy.

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Sad 1

When I was in my teens and 20s, I thought that I knew everything. I also thought that anyone over 35 were clueless about things and just loved to warn/vent/lecture, etc. 

Now, am over 35 and realized that I was clueless back then. I now realize that my parents were right. I realize that their lectures and wisdom were trying to prepare me for the crazy world. But, I didn't want to hear that. 

You are not wise until you can acknowledge that. It's been happening in cycles for ages. Of course not all older people are full of wisdom, some never matured. But, many of us got beat up by the crazy world because we didn't take our parents'/elders advice. 

We know you young un's future. *Hands you a suit of armor and a starter box of adult diapers * because you're full of poop and it's going to come out when the world starts kicking your butts. 

Now, get off our lawns, house boat docks, waterways and whatever else within 20 feet of us!!!

Disclaimer: this is meant to be funny. No old people or young uns were hurt while typing this post. 

Group hug xo

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, ClariceRose said:

When I was in my teens and 20s, I thought that I knew everything. I also thought that anyone over 35 were clueless about things and just loved to warn/vent/lecture, etc. 

Now, am over 35 and realized that I was clueless back then. I now realize that my parents were right. I realize that their lectures and wisdom were trying to prepare me for the crazy world. But, I didn't want to hear that. 

You are not wise until you can acknowledge that. It's been happening in cycles for ages. Of course not all older people are full of wisdom, some never matured. But, many of us got beat up by the crazy world because we didn't take our parents'/elders advice. 

We know you young un's future. *Hands you a suit of armor and a starter box of adult diapers * because you're full of poop and it's going to come out when the world starts kicking your butts. 

Now, get off our lawns, house boat docks, waterways and whatever else within 20 feet of us!!!

Disclaimer: this is meant to be funny. No old people or young uns were hurt while typing this post. 

Group hug xo

cLaW5.gif.eec2724eec101c051e745193468b2fcf.gif

It would be funny, if it weren't so true. Fortunately, there are still those communities and cultures where such things are very rare, if they occur at all.

Oh and thanks for giving me an excuse to use that smilie. lol I've been wanting to use it for a long time but the right opportunity never seemed to come up... until now.

• Like 3

On 5/17/2019 at 2:54 AM, Cindy Evanier said:

I have a mainland parcel for building  (scripts load faster there than at the homestead) 

Alright, this is a little bit of a derail but I am genuinely curious why it is that the scripts load faster on mainland?

22 minutes ago, MirandaBowers said:

Alright, this is a little bit of a derail but I am genuinely curious why it is that the scripts load faster on mainland?

don't ask me technical stuffs  😲  I just know loading a full avsitter menu on our homestead can take me 30 mins but if i go over to the mainland parcel it takes less than 10

now distracting the technical stuff with a Jason

Jason Momoa GIF - JasonMomoa GIFs

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

don't ask me technical stuffs  😲  I just know loading a full avsitter menu on our homestead can take me 30 mins but if i go over to the mainland parcel it takes less than 10

now distracting the technical stuff with a Jason

Jason Momoa GIF - JasonMomoa GIFs

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

That's it. I am never going premium or trying to get a house. In the unlikely event that I should want a home in future (never have before), I'll just rent. I know someone upthread or elsewhere said that they had had a home and never had any angst about it, but we all know what happens when you gaze into the abyss. And this abyss is utterly batcrazy.

Threads can become crazy. Most of the people inworld getting Linden homes aren't like this.

I chalk it up to the full moon yesterday... :(

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JudiLynn India said:

I have to point out that was she said had nothing to do with "age" denoting wisdom.  She spoke the truth. It was the generation before you that invented the luxuries you enoy today. You should at least be thankful.

Is this the generation that plunged the world into financial crisis, housing crisis and are at the forefront of such things as climate change denial, the whole ridiculous American abortion debacle, the various anti lgbtq+ issues that are facing the world right now. Are they the same generation that went to war and committed some attractions attrocities. Are they the same generation that are currently in all the seats of power around the world making some of the stupidest decisions know to man.

The world will always, has always and shall always progress with each generation improving over the last and innovating new ideas to move forward into the future but that doesn’t automatically grant each and every member of that generation the respect you seem to think it does. Plus I really wasn’t being disrespectful, don’t be so sensitive.

This is a very silly argument. There is so much more that we all, regardless of our generational identity, agree with. Let's focus on the commonalities, please!

For instance . . . aren't Millennials just awful?????

(I jest. I actually really like Millennials.)

• Haha 1

• Moderators

I hear all the cool kids these days are doing things like staying on topic and not having interpersonal disputes that derail threads with pejorative pet names. It's #TRENDING

Keep this thread open by being a cool kid and #EmbraceTheTrend!

#LindenHomes #ItsLindenLabNotLindenLabs #ItComesUpALot #TheresJustTheOneLabActually #HashtagsDontWorkOnForums #UnlessTheyDo #AllTheseHashtagsComeOffMoreLikeTumblrThanTwitter #IHopeThisMessageIsntGettingLostInTheMetaphor #ItsNotReallyAMetaphorSoMuchAsAFramingDevice #ButSeriouslyImGoingToLockThisIfWeCantStayOnTopic #Kthxbye

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

People are making the huge mistake of trying to lump more than 3 generations into one simply because some else decided to give generations a name. I do NOT belong to the same generation as my parents and my grandparents.

And before anything happens, I was typing this post when Jagix posted so I didn't see it until AFTER I posted.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.