NEW Linden Homes 2019 .... WTF!!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

33 minutes ago, rasterscan said:

And this one was the lucky new houseboat owners holding an impromptu beach party on the new island not an hour after the land opened ...

222.jpg.514a4ce49b88e3ace94833fea2302b33.jpg

:)

I am late to the party but what lovely neighbours, they cleaned up the beach afterwards :)  I presume it was at the Squishy PickleSnapshot_002.png.abbed9b72bbafddf67b836e44306b064.png

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I think it's genius  .... I hope -- that the LL brain trust is hard at work right now brainstorming ways to apply the lessons they're learning here to other aspects of SL, perhaps starting with the mainland.

The workload is intensive for them. I know this cos' my gf makes me sit in a boat watching them shes fascinated by it all. That's why the new homes are a little .. ahem ... scarce, its not deliberate .... idleness ... it takes hours and hours and hours to prep it right.  I too hope the mainland gets a good tidy up but it could take some time yet. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I am late to the party but what lovely neighbours, they cleaned up the beach afterwards :)  I presume it was at the Squishy PickleSnapshot_002.png.abbed9b72bbafddf67b836e44306b064.png

zomg your graphics ! Gorgeous ! Tell me more !

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I presume it was at the Squishy Pickle

Yes it was. The Squishy Pickle :)  My gf knows the whole story behind its naming, she told me it, I should have listened harder. Anyway being as it's less than a day old here's a link to the Squishy Pickle !

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Brodovima/122/67/24

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

But let's think about this...where are the Linden Home residents coming from?  The Linden Homes are not driving an infusion of newcomers to SL.  I doubt that anyone outside of SL even knows or cares about them.  So the residents must be coming from 1) existing 512 Linden Homes, 2) Mainland renters, and/or 3) Private Estate tenants...in short, the existing user base.

There's another category; existing basic users who were not already premium and not renting.

I went premium for the first time a couple of months ago specifically because of the Linden Homes. I would not have bothered otherwise. I know at least one other person in my small circle of friends who has done the same, for the same reason. And I am absolutely certain we're not unique.

Even an uptick of 10% or 20% new  basic-to-premium accounts is still a significant increase in revenue.

• Like 1

Waited for weeks to get a houseboat. And the are already gone before you blink. I checked a few times, but no nothing. 709 boars gone in blink ! 😠

The biggest mistake linden lab made is to release all the homes at once. And nit spread in batches over the day so nit US people get a change to.

You really think why premium if you need to wait months for linden 2019 home. The old ones are rubbish and bad designed also. The are yuck. not cry if the shutdown that party.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, VanillaLovelace said:

Today Linden Labs announced to provide Premium Users with new Linden Holmes (House Boats) .... At the time available, I tried to get one, but all were sold out within minutes!!! So tell me now: What is the advantage of being a premium member for almost a year, if you are not able to participate from the premium member benefits???

I guess I will cancel my premium membership the next days ....

In the Forums, Patch said they were releasing 709 homes. I don't know why people are really complaining about it, it's first come first serve. Can you not wait until the next batch of homes release? Or we just gonna have people constantly whining, that it's not fair that I didn't go onto the Linden house selector fast enough. Have some patience please, it's not the end of the world that you didn't get a Linden Home.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, halebore Aeon said:

In the Forums, Patch said they were releasing 709 homes. I don't know why people are really complaining about it, it's first come first serve. Can you not wait until the next batch of homes release? Or we just gonna have people constantly whining, that it's not fair that I didn't go onto the Linden house selector fast enough. Have some patience please, it's not the end of the world that you didn't get a Linden Home.

Well, all of it was said already before (read the first 8 posts of this topic) and I already explained why I wrote the topic post ...

And to make it clear: I am not constantly whining .... 😞

Edited by VanillaLovelace

2 minutes ago, VanillaLovelace said:

Well, all of it was said already before (read the first 6 posts of this topic) and I already explained why I wrote the topic post ...

And to make it clear: I am not constantly whining .... 😞

I read the whole thing, you are clearly mad that you didn't get a home. When it was stated here in the forums, that houseboats were limited to 709 of them. You were given an ample amount of time, to be warned and to be ready to grab a home. As I said before, it is first come first serve. That isn't gonna change, nor are people making posts, in the forums that it's unfair that they didn't get a home, isn't gonna change it either. As I also said before, you just have to be patient. Stuff like this takes time. But this is like the umpteenth post on the forums, that basically goes. I'm just gonna get cancel premium since I didn't  get my Linden Home right away. To me that is whining, and thinking that they should have gotten one of those homes, before anyone else. Look do what the rest of us have to, keep on refreshing the page. A house of your dreams will pop up. Anyways, I have spoke too long. Happy Hunting. 😀

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sans Paule said:

Ok, some of us have been premium for many years and those new homes and the new continent should have been opened to members with long standing first because of their loyalty to LL and all the money they paid into the"system". Linden Labs FINALLY gets around to doing upgrades on it's premium services and should have upgraded the people who have had to put up with outdated crap graphics the whole time. People are pissed and have every right to be pissed. Linden Labs makes quite a lot of money off these members and the money they spend inworld. This is pure greed and we shouldn't have to put up with land grab mentality for services we should all enjoy and the first ones to have first pick should have gone to the one's waiting in line the longest. This is a no-brainer and no wonder people are leaving SL in droves!

Could I write the special invitation for long-time premium members? Let's see...

"Dear Premium Member,

As you've been paying money (and probably having your own property) for years into a system that's designed around individual creativity we figure that you aren't capable of making an environment for yourself that's better than these new limited-option houses we've made that are really meant as "starter homes" so we thought you'd like to have first crack at one of them."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I read the whole thing, you are clearly mad that you didn't get a home. When it was stated here in the forums, that houseboats were limited to 709 of them. You were given an ample amount of time, to be warned and to be ready to grab a home. As I said before, it is first come first serve. That isn't gonna change, nor are people making posts, in the forums that it's unfair that they didn't get a home, isn't gonna change it either. As I also said before, you just have to be patient. Stuff like this takes time. But this is like the umpteenth post on the forums, that basically goes. I'm just gonna get cancel premium since I didn't  get my Linden Home right away. To me that is whining, and thinking that they should have gotten one of those homes, before anyone else. Look do what the rest of us have to, keep on refreshing the page. A house of your dreams will pop up. Anyways, I have spoke too long. Happy Hunting. 😀

Maybe you did not read the message, where I said:

„So ... yes ... my first reaction was a bit too harsh and I apologize for this.“

I am not whining, just wrote a message in a state of a bad mood ... and apologized for it. Maybe this does not fit to an ideal world, where people are always feeling great and always do the right things .... 

14 minutes ago, VanillaLovelace said:

Maybe you did not read the message, where I said:

„So ... yes ... my first reaction was a bit too harsh and I apologize for this.“

I am not whining, just wrote a message in a state of a bad mood ... and apologized for it. Maybe this does not fit to an ideal world, where people are always feeling great and always do the right things .... 

But when you read forum post after forum post, that is all the same. You tend to just get really annoyed with it in the first place. This phenomenon will, unfortunately, keep on happening until everyone's is satisfied.  It really gets rather annoying, seeing it here and on FB. Oh, I didn't get a home, so I am gonna just cancel my premium membership. Oh, I didn't get a home, so newer people must be the first ones on the roster. Oh, I didn't get a home, so let's create a new system that seems fair for what I want. Oh, it's first come first serve, that is totally unfair. Oh, I think they should have just disrupted service, and ultimately placed homes for every premium member. Do you see where I'm coming from? After so many posts about it, and this entitled and spoiled and ungrateful behaviour, you just become desensitized to it and just give blunt and honest and very generic responses. People just need to be patient and wait for their turn. It's not the end of the world if they didn't get a Linden Home that day.

Edited by halebore Aeon
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Could I write the special invitation for long-time premium members? Let's see...

"Dear Premium Member,

As you've been paying money (and probably having your own property) for years into a system that's designed around individual creativity we figure that you aren't capable of making an environment for yourself that's better than these new limited-option houses we've made that are really meant as "starter homes" so we thought you'd like to have first crack at one of them."

LOL, this invitation would be an initiation of endless new topics here in forum. 😉

But seriously: A lot of people bought land here in SL and invested a lot of money for it and a lot of time with building stuff on it ... and some of those lands turned into an lagging-hell later which made it impossible to use it anymore. For those people the Linden Houses are not an Downgrade!  

22 minutes ago, VanillaLovelace said:

... and some of those lands turned into an lagging-hell later which made it impossible to use it anymore. For those people the Linden Houses are not an Downgrade!  

i really hope you don't get neighbours in the nearby future as we seen in several trheads already... throwing in parties, dj's and policeforces to make life in Belleseria a hell.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

This thread reeks of premium member elitism.

I've been in SL for 14 years. No, I have not been premium the whole time. That does not negate the fact that as a basic member I have spent thousands of USD in SL. I'm not the only one either.

Some of you are sounding like spoiled, priviledged brats.

Millenial Entitlement Attitude.

10 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

The Linden Homes are not driving an infusion of newcomers to SL.  I doubt that anyone outside of SL even knows or cares about them.  So the residents must be coming from 1) existing 512 Linden Homes, 2) Mainland renters, and/or 3) Private Estate tenants...in short, the existing user base.

True. Today. Maybe even tomorrow and next month... Three, six months from now? It won't bring a throng rushing to break down the SL Sign Up page, but it can bring more that otherwise may not have. Basically, what Scylla (below) says.

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Beyond what Lil has said in response, I think maybe that LL is playing the long game here. At least, I hope they are, and that this proves a pattern for future decisions.

You get my meaning when I say "it's good for Linden Lab also". Running a REAL business in REAL life takes long-term planning and always a "long game".

I have said and others have said (ever since the very first 'wave') that Linden Lab is likely surprised at the success of these. I would change that from surprised to just this side of shock. LOL

I haftasay: Ebbe: you blow away every other LL CEO since never, meaning even ol' Philip.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is amazing.

ETA: This reminds me of the wild impromptu dance parties I used to be a part of back in 2008 and 2009, mostly at Mill Pond. I haven't seen anything like that in SL in years.

I thought your name was familiar.. 😀

• Like 1

Have to hand it to Patch for mastering the marketing appeal of managed scarcity.

The question is, are those wily Lindens so clever as to find a ghostwriter to originate this thread and stoke the fevered pitch of FOMO for the next tranche of homes?

If so, I gotta say: All the feigned "imma cancel muh Premium membership !!!!eleventy!!" posts are a deft touch.

• Haha 5

15 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

This thread reeks of premium member elitism.

I've been in SL for 14 years. No, I have not been premium the whole time. That does not negate the fact that as a basic member I have spent thousands of USD in SL. I'm not the only one either.

Some of you are sounding like spoiled, priviledged brats.

That spoiled brat sound: Can confirm.

The "premium member elitism" though, you keep saying this as if it's a thing. A "premium member" is acutely aware that the status is bestowed exclusively on those too cheap to own (or rent) Estate land and who must instead suffer all the indignities of Mainland at the low, low price of practically nothing (net of stipend). 

Some of us are, nonetheless, insufferable snobs despite being premium members. For all our many faults, we rarely brag on our entitlement to live in SL's low rent district.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, rasterscan said:

Yeah, they got it right this time they most surely did. By the way some lindens and some moles called by that party it was quite a shindig went on 6 hours or more ...

And all I can do is feel sorry for myself since I can't afford premium. 💔

5 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

May I suggest you go back and look closer at who made what post? Because I think you are confusing Vanilla with another poster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Qie Niangao said:

That spoiled brat sound: Can confirm.

The "premium member elitism" though, you keep saying this as if it's a thing. A "premium member" is acutely aware that the status is bestowed exclusively on those too cheap to own (or rent) Estate land and who must instead suffer all the indignities of Mainland at the low, low price of practically nothing (net of stipend). 

Some of us are, nonetheless, insufferable snobs despite being premium members. For all our many faults, we rarely brag on our entitlement to live in SL's low rent district.

Yes, we know you are sorry. Now apologize.

As my mother would say.

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.