NEW Linden Homes 2019 .... WTF!!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today Linden Labs announced to provide Premium Users with new Linden Holmes (House Boats) .... At the time available, I tried to get one, but all were sold out within minutes!!! So tell me now: What is the advantage of being a premium member for almost a year, if you are not able to participate from the premium member benefits???

I guess I will cancel my premium membership the next days ....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, VanillaLovelace said:

Today Linden Labs announced to provide Premium Users with new Linden Holmes (House Boats) .... At the time available, I tried to get one, but all were sold out within minutes!!! So tell me now: What is the advantage of being a premium member for almost a year, if you are not able to participate from the premium member benefits???

Try again - the "sold out" message has been showing up for some people because the page is under such a heavy load, but people have been getting houseboats after seeing it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wow, thank you for the hint, Theresa!

I now tried again and after a lot of failed tries with „unknown error“ and „your selected Home is sold out“ messages, finally it worked!

I hope, that other user will read this before trying to get one of the new house boats ... and maybe are able to get one by trying again and again ....

Thanks again!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, VanillaLovelace said:

Most of us took various errors and sold-out type messages along the way, but refreshes usually eventually gave something.  However, they are all now gone -- took just under 30 minutes.  More stuff will be coming and the new homes are not the only benefit that your Premium membership gives you - though it might be the only one you care about.

This from Patch's update when this last batch was released:
"We know they will go very quickly, but as time goes on we will get more out, and hopefully faster.

Our next focus will be to bring more Traditional Homes plus more Houseboats in another smaller launch while working in parallel to a larger launch and an exciting new theme. 
As usual, stay tuned here for more updates!"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VanillaLovelace said:

You DO get all the benfits. They promise an LL Home, not which type. I see PLENTY available right now (and there are nine (NINE!) styles of meadowbrook to choose from!) Though if you cancel your Premium then that will leave one more for the next person, right? That is is thoughtful of you! :)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Now what the heck am I supposed to do with all this popcorn? I can't eat it all! It's too much!

Beak-out the Milk Duds and Goobers. Oh, and Raisinets. Raisinets are the bestest.

Raisinettes.jpg&f=1

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

You DO get all the benfits. They promise an LL Home, not which type. I see PLENTY available right now (and there are nine (NINE!) styles of meadowbrook to choose from!) Though if you cancel your Premium then that will leave one more for the next person, right? That is is thoughtful of you! :)

Yes, of course you are right .... I know. But see: Living in SL is always a state between happiness and deep frustration .... and the minutes after realizing, that all announced house boats were sold out shortly after release were one of that frustrating moments. So ... yes ... my first reaction was a bit too harsh and I apologize for this.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, VanillaLovelace said:

Yes, of course you are right .... I know. But see: Living in SL is always a state between happiness and deep frustration .... and the minutes after realizing, that all announced house boats were sold out shortly after release were one of that frustrating moments. So ... yes ... my first reaction was a bit too harsh and I apologize for this.

Well - it is understandable. It's really kind of an oxymoronic: damned if you do, damned if you don't for the Lindens. Patch announced yesterday (I paraphrase) "Best I can give is within the next 24 hours" - Good because everyone had their twitchy trigger fingers ready to go. Bad because everyone had their twitchy trigger fingers ready to go.

Look at it this way: it's agood thing overall; good for Linden Lab, good for Us, good for the general "health" of the grid.

But here is some positive hypothesis to ponder: It took about three weeks (give or take a few days) to create that new houseboat atoll from scratch. The rest of Bellisseria is already (more or less) in place - they only need to focus on the actual parcelling and placing bit (generally-speaking) - and Patch gets it: smaller batches more often. So, based on all I've seen/heard/read - they are now working on the new alternate design (additonal theme)s and also will simultaneously continue working on these first designs in a smaller bacth that they can get out quickly.

So have the faith, have the patience. And when the new designs are released, there may also be more attrition as people abandon their current Bellessaria home (I give up trying to always spell it right LOL) - for one of the new alternate themes. :D

• Like 3

6 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Most of us took various errors and sold-out type messages along the way, but refreshes usually eventually gave something.  However, they are all now gone -- took just under 30 minutes.  More stuff will be coming and the new homes are not the only benefit that your Premium membership gives you - though it might be the only one you care about.

This from Patch's update when this last batch was released:
"We know they will go very quickly, but as time goes on we will get more out, and hopefully faster.

Our next focus will be to bring more Traditional Homes plus more Houseboats in another smaller launch while working in parallel to a larger launch and an exciting new theme. 
As usual, stay tuned here for more updates!"

Edited by Amigatu Choche
dont have a right to our opinion here without critics jumping down our throats and being verbally abusive

Ok, some of us have been premium for many years and those new homes and the new continent should have been opened to members with long standing first because of their loyalty to LL and all the money they paid into the"system". Linden Labs FINALLY gets around to doing upgrades on it's premium services and should have upgraded the people who have had to put up with outdated crap graphics the whole time. People are pissed and have every right to be pissed. Linden Labs makes quite a lot of money off these members and the money they spend inworld. This is pure greed and we shouldn't have to put up with land grab mentality for services we should all enjoy and the first ones to have first pick should have gone to the one's waiting in line the longest. This is a no-brainer and no wonder people are leaving SL in droves!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Sans Paule said:

Ok, some of us have been premium for many years and those new homes and the new continent should have been opened to members with long standing first because of their loyalty to LL and all the money they paid into the"system". Linden Labs FINALLY gets around to doing upgrades on it's premium services and should have upgraded the people who have had to put up with outdated crap graphics the whole time. People are pissed and have every right to be pissed. Linden Labs makes quite a lot of money off these members and the money they spend inworld. This is pure greed and we shouldn't have to put up with land grab mentality for services we should all enjoy and the first ones to have first pick should have gone to the one's waiting in line the longest. This is a no-brainer and no wonder people are leaving SL in droves!

Edited by Amigatu Choche
dont have a right to our opinion here without critics jumping down our throats and being verbally abusive

I got a email that new homes were open, logged in and they were gone......my feelings at this point is why release a small number and upset others. I have been here many years and always been a premium member and feel like I just got slapped in the face....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sans Paule said:

I disagree. I'm almost 13 years in SL and 100% Premium subscriber the entire time and I will be the first to say I am no more special that the one who signed up only today.

33 minutes ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

It is just houseboats people, you will get one just keep trying instead of ranting.

This, THIS, and THHIIISSSS.

18 minutes ago, Amigatu Choche said:

AMEN thinking of pulling my premium membership! I have been a premium member since day one! should of gotten 1st priority!

I could say what many may be thinking: "Good riddance" - But I will not because that actually is outright mean. However, you cannot "pull" your premium membership. If you sign up only today and cancel it tomorrow then it will simply not renew, you'll still get all the Premium membership perks until that renewal date, whether you want them or not.

I get it: you're frustrated (if you are outright angry, then you need to step back and take a breath, get your life priorities in order, nothing in SL is worth that kind of stress). In shorrt, be patient. More will come. Go find a nice inexpensive 1024 parcel aanywhere on the mainland and set it up, decorate it, have fun with it. Then a little later when all the hoopla dies down a bit you sell it or abandon it annd go get your new shiny. Besides, new themes coming aoon. Wait and see if one of those will be more to your liking.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 7

I have been a premium member since the first day I joined, as well, and I've had a Linden home most of that time.  There were several opportunities to find about the homes prior to the release - there was mention of new LH's on the roadmap during the town hall meetings last year, there was the preview of the new homes at the Home and Garden Expo (with an entry in the destination guide about it, I believe), there was a LL Featured News Blog Post when the first batch of homes were released, there was this section in the forums created just for the new Linden Homes, and Patch's update thread which many people were following (and which anyone asking about homes was advised to follow).  

Those following Patch's thread found out yesterday that the release would be within 24 hours of when he posted.  Subsequent posts in other threads in this section of the forums also provided later conversation from him, heard out on the new continent while final QA was being done,  that suggested sometime today between 7 am and noon. 

It took close to 48 hours for the initial release of somewhere between 2000 - 3000 houses and houseboats  to be sold out.  The release this morning was only 709 houseboats, and the number of people watching and waiting and refreshing the "get your home page" was much larger, so I'm not surprised that this morning's release went so fast.  Actually, I'm surprised it didn't go quicker.  

There will be people abandoning homes now and then, and some of the people who keep trying to get a home will luck out and be trying just at the time an abandoned one comes back into availability. 

Check Patch's update thread for his comments about what will be coming in the future - there's not any dates, but work will be continuing on both traditional homes and houseboats, and on a new theme of houses as well.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Amigatu Choche said:

This is ridiculous, I tried too to get a houseboat right away and was sold out, I give up. Really 709 houseboats sold to put in seconds???? pfffftt

It took almost half an hour, not just seconds. And for many, much of the entire time the website was showing error codes and the sold out messages, it took persistence. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MirandaBowers said:

It took almost half an hour, not just seconds. And for many, much of the entire time the website was showing error codes and the sold out messages, it took persistence. 

I got the email and went on they was gone! I know how long it took thanks

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

I

Thank you for your opinion but sorry been here since 2007 , please don't assume and been a premium member since 2007 and I have paid plenty money to LL to get a cheap houseboat, how long you been here and I assume you have one, right ?? 00 Good Riddens to you, don't say you don't want to be rude by being rude 

Edited by Amigatu Choche
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Beak-out the Milk Duds and Goobers. Oh, and Raisinets. Raisinets are the bestest.

Raisinettes.jpg&f=1

spoken by someone sitting on his houseboat , I say this, you dont like seeing the complaints, why not just hit the bog x we all have a right to be frustrated and who asked you? These people are sitting on their houseboats folks , eating their popcorn and raisinets , try supporting others instead of being a damm critic

• Haha 3

This thread reeks of premium member elitism.

I've been in SL for 14  15 years. No, I have not been premium the whole time. That does not negate the fact that as a basic member I have spent thousands of USD in SL. I'm not the only one either.

Some of you are sounding like spoiled, privileged brats.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
stupid fingers forgot it's a year later now
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I'm not premium, and if I were, I'm not sure I'd be interested in these anyway (although I'm looking forward to seeing future themes, and may jump on board if I see something I like), so I am watching from the sidelines here, but I have really enjoyed watching the excitement as people awaited, and then got, their homes! It's been pretty adorable, and a lot of fun.

I am, of course, sorry that some have been disappointed, but surely that will be alleviated as more homes (esp. houseboats) become available in the future? I do get the frustration and disappointment though. (I'm not so keen on the "But I'm special!" whinging from some quarters. The sense of entitlement is palpable. If only the unwashed masses knew their place, eh?)

One thought: might it not have made sense for LL to have canvassed their premium customers about preferences after a preview showing, and used the data to determine their own priorities in building? That might have meant more houseboats to begin with? And fewer disappointments?

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Amigatu Choche said:

Thank you for your opinion but sorry been here since 2007 , please don't assume and been a premium member since 2007 and I have paid plenty money to LL to get a cheap houseboat, how long you been here and I assume you have one, right ?? 00 Good Riddens to you, don't say you don't want to be rude by being rude 

13 minutes ago, Amigatu Choche said:

spoken by someone sitting on his houseboat , I say this, you dont like seeing the complaints, why not just hit the bog x we all have a right to be frustrated and who asked you? These people are sitting on their houseboats folks , eating their popcorn and raisinets , try supporting others instead of being a damm critic

Good grief, get a sodding grip. God forbid a real disaster ever befell you if you're reacting like this to not being able to get a bit of virtual land.

And before someone rants that I'm probably typing the above while sitting smugly on my houseboat and eating Raisinets:

1. I'm English. No such thing as Raisinets here.
2. I don't own a Linden Home. Instead I've been paying roughly $250 a month to Linden Lab for the past 10 years (and I've been inworld for 12 - just like you - before you tell me I'm a noob compared to you, thereby deeming my words invalid) for a full region.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 8

I had to wait 3 weeks I followed patch thread but yes had patience I just came back to sl started over. But their where 709 homes  the moles and the linden worked very hard. People are getting excited about these homes more people want them they had to have all the staff on to do it they been working night and day. I understand but its two way street its like when you plan for a house in real gotta wait for the people to build it. But maybe they need to make it on weekend I heard many saying they had to work or people could not be online that time they may have to allow people to have reserved but but what the linden give them a option they have to check mark they want house boat or normal home when its ready they will get email so they can get a place. the mass number people love the new ways but they are getting ready also for the sl birthday they said they would add more in June and July.  Just have little hope.

The moles need and the linden need a break and rest until they can do more. 

Edited by ChrissaStone
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.