House Swap

ClariceRose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For those who have one of the new houses or house boats. If you are interested in swapping with someone who has what you want, then express your interest in this thread. Do NOT IM anyone in world unless they authorize it. 

Obviously, you will need to trust the person that you're swapping with. You'll both need to give each other rezz rights. No money is to be exchanged as that is against terms of service. 

Talk it out and swap with someone that your gut feeling is to trust. 

Quote the person to express interest to swap.

Be patient. Wait until they're able to discuss. RL always comes first.

Try to make it easy by using the below as the format to express your interest. 

Name: ClariceRose

Has: House boat willing to swap for a traditional home.

No IMs unless I tell you. Otherwise they will be ignored. 

• Like 1

Lol. I know. Thread will probably get locked if people don't behave. I have hope in humanity that this all can be civil.

If people get catty and misbehave then I'll edit the original post to just myself seeking.

Edited by ClariceRose
  • Like 1

She doesn't mean actually swapping ownership. That is not allowed. She's talking about giving each other rez rights so the two parties can live in each others' homes.

I must say I appreciate seeing a new topic that is not "HOW DO I GET A NEW HOME??? WHEN????". xD

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MarzipanJones said:

I am not sure the mechanics of LL houses and houseboats will allow a full swap

Just a temporary swap until things calm down and the swappers are able to get what they originally wanted in their own name.

I don't think swap house is allowed by Linden covenant even not by expressly. Further under-table swap house is almost meaningless. Because the title (ownership) of the house cannot exchanged. Management the land become mostly crippled. 

Edited by Ruslana Koskinen

Just now, Ruslana Koskinen said:

I don't swap house is allowed by Linden covenant even by expressly. Even under table swap house is almost meaning less. Because the title (ownership) of the house cannot exchanged. Management the land become mostly crippled. 

It's really not that different from having an alt own a house but you use it. As long as the actual owner gives you rez rights, you can decorate to your heart's content. The only thing I can think of that a non-owner can't do is change the style/colors of the house itself.

• Like 2

I don't swap house is allowed by Linden covenant even by expressly. Even under table swap house is almost meaning less. Because the title (ownership) of the house cannot exchanged. Management the land become mostly crippled. 

That is not the intention of my post. This is for only temporary until we are able to get our true desires later.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

It's really not that different from having an alt own a house but you use it. As long as the actual owner gives you rez rights, you can decorate to your heart's content. The only thing I can think of that a non-owner can't do is change the style/colors of the house itself.

Alt is easy. It is also you.  When you are online, all your alt online. You will not refuse yourself to do or not do anything on your land, beside waiting other side online.

Edited by Ruslana Koskinen

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Exactly...and am sure the swappers will change the colors, etc for the person. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

I don't think swap house is allowed by Linden covenant even not by expressly. Further under-table swap house is almost meaningless. Because the title (ownership) of the house cannot exchanged. Management the land become mostly crippled. 

Only the actual owner can do the land management, but letting someone else set home to your place and letting them live & rez there is not against the TOS as long as you are not charging them for such.  The owner would have to take care of setting up the Access and all other appropriate permissions.

I can let all my friends live at my house if I want and I'm not violating TOS.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

Alt is easy. It is also you.  When you are online, all your alt online. You will not refuse yourself to do or not do anything on your land, beside waiting other side online.

Yeah, but my friends or partner are not me and I am allowed to let them live there, rez there, set home to there, give them access via the Access panel, etc....

• Like 2

Alt is easy. It is also you.  When you are online, all your alt online. You will do refuse yourself to do or not do anything on your land.

That's between the swappers, if two people can't come up with a civil temporary swap agreement then not our problem. It's their problem. 

This idea is my hope for mature people to come together and have a civil agreement that is mutually beneficial.

If they start drama.....not my circus.

• Like 2

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yeah, but my friends or partner are not me and I am allowed to let them live there, rez there, set home to there, give them access via the Access panel, etc....

Sure, I let my empty Linden home for friend living in it. Old land is much easier for managing access control by banline and group access.

14 minutes ago, MarzipanJones said:

I am not sure the mechanics of LL houses and houseboats will allow a full swap

It can easily be done of both parties are in the same land group and both houses are set to that group.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Is the Linden has new function about individual access control? I have no idea about that. My old linden home is still using the old panel.

3 minutes ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

Is the Linden has new function about individual access control? I have no idea about that. My old linden home is still using the old panel.

The home control panel lets the owner specify specific people for using the control panel.  Setting the home to a group that both folks are in is what easily allows the rez rights.  Security orb can manage what people are allowed on the property - no ban lines though.

1 minute ago, MarzipanJones said:

Would they both have to be owners of the group?

No - just members of the group.

1 minute ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

kidding all new linden house just sold. although within 5 mins

They have not been released yet.

• Like 1

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

The home control panel lets the owner specify specific people for using the control panel.  Setting the home to a group that both folks are in is what easily allows the rez rights.  Security orb can manage what people are allowed on the property - no ban lines though.

No - just members of the group.

They have not been released yet.

I just got one boathouse on screen last few minutes. But when I clicked NEXT. It was too late. It said "all sold out"

13 minutes ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

As others have pointed out, you can let anyone you want live in your house, rez in your house, etc. The best example of that given was letting your partner live with you. However, you certainly don't have to share if you don't want to. ;)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This is very new to me. I own old linden house with on such thing for many years. 

3 minutes ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

I just got one boathouse on screen last few minutes. But when I clicked NEXT. It was too late. It said "all sold out"

Currently there are folks abandoning what they already have in prep for trying to get one in the new location.  Those pop in as available and typically get snatched right away because many people are refreshing that page constantly.

2 minutes ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

This is very new to me. I own old linden house with on such thing for many years. 

I've no clue how the old houses work - I never had one.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.