Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BlueVioletVixen Lorefield

...Looking for [a] Parent/s

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hiya!

On and off for about a year, I've had an adoption panel at various different agencies.  My latest attempt is from March.  I haven't really gotten anything solid.  So I thought maybe it wouldn't hurt to post something here.

I'm an adult child who is a succubus/dark fae.  I also have a teenage fire angel son (whose typist is an avid RPer), and would simply adore having [a] grandparent/s.

I have a rather more detailed (and be forewarned, frank) application here, if you so choose to dive into it: https://majikvixen.blogspot.com/2018/05/so-you-are-interested-in-adopting-majik.html

-Thankies, and much 💜

Edited by BlueVioletVixen Lorefield
Forgot Tags!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read your blog.  What a wonderful way to get to know you, both good and bad.

I hope you find the perfect fit.  You sound like a lot of fun with a nice dose of hectic chaos in your life.  Seriously, I wish you the best of luck. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Isn't "adult child" an oxymoron? 

LOL, when you read it like that... yes, I can kinda see what you mean.  ...And yeah, no, I'm not going to be an adult who goes out of their way to act like a child (as in "immature"), LOL.  I do want to be a mature adult child... I mean it more like, I'm not going to RP myself as a child/teenager, I'd like to be an adult who is someone's child.  :)  ...Like, I have some wisdom and some autonomy... My life just seems incomplete without the validation of love or a deeper relationship that one would normally get from a parent-child relationship, you know?  That's all.  😇

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I read your blog.  What a wonderful way to get to know you, both good and bad.

I hope you find the perfect fit.  You sound like a lot of fun with a nice dose of hectic chaos in your life.  Seriously, I wish you the best of luck. 

Thank you ❤️

I worked really hard on it, tweaking it here and there for a good year or so.

...I realize I have some hectic chaos.  I'm kinda tired of it falling under the "creative genius" category or whatever excuse we can label it as.  I would sincerely appreciate some structure... The kind a parent could offer, ya know?  😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feeling kinda lonely today.  RL sucks.  Maybe adoptions are a joke.  I'm doomed to be an omega forever and it seems like everything I do doesn't matter.  I wish I were dead so I didn't have to endure the nonstop pain of rejection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 9:35 PM, BlueVioletVixen Lorefield said:

Feeling kinda lonely today.  RL sucks.  Maybe adoptions are a joke.  I'm doomed to be an omega forever and it seems like everything I do doesn't matter.  I wish I were dead so I didn't have to endure the nonstop pain of rejection.

   Trying to 'find' an SL family is something I've rarely seen working out the way people want it to. It's in many ways the same as trying to find a partner; it's easy to lose oneself in the search for something specific, and along the way you just miss all the good times and opportunities of interest that present themselves. This is true for 'normal' people, and you're being much more specific by being an inhuman minority that a lot of people would rather refrain from putting in their lives. Besides, you've mentioned already having a son, and according to your profile you're partnered - that's three strangers a family is to accept, that's another thing making it more difficult.

   This thread has been open for eleven days, and you feel the 'pain of rejection' seething through you already; you need to be more patient, and you need to allow yourself to be distracted. And how can the 'rejection' get to you so, when you already have some family? Glancing through your picks, I saw something about friends (though frankly, I can't be bothered to read through a bunch of blog posts every time I open a profile to assess someone). To me, there's just seems to be too many contradictions, too much negativity, and a very peculiar expression of embracing the darkness - and then rejecting the comforts of silence and solitude that it offers, it appears disingenuous.

   If you knew what you wanted, and if you had the capacity to bridle it, it wouldn't be as difficult; but you appear lost, confused and despairing. At that point, no amount of family or friends are going to be able to help you. Straighten yourself out, find your footing, and then you can begin to consider where you wish to go.

   I hope you'll find the constructive elements of that, rather than focusing on how harsh I sound; my sympathy would do nothing for you, but perhaps my perspective might.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2019 at 4:58 PM, Orwar said:

   Trying to 'find' an SL family is something I've rarely seen working out the way people want it to. It's in many ways the same as trying to find a partner; it's easy to lose oneself in the search for something specific, and along the way you just miss all the good times and opportunities of interest that present themselves. This is true for 'normal' people, and you're being much more specific by being an inhuman minority that a lot of people would rather refrain from putting in their lives. Besides, you've mentioned already having a son, and according to your profile you're partnered - that's three strangers a family is to accept, that's another thing making it more difficult.

   This thread has been open for eleven days, and you feel the 'pain of rejection' seething through you already; you need to be more patient, and you need to allow yourself to be distracted. And how can the 'rejection' get to you so, when you already have some family? Glancing through your picks, I saw something about friends (though frankly, I can't be bothered to read through a bunch of blog posts every time I open a profile to assess someone). To me, there's just seems to be too many contradictions, too much negativity, and a very peculiar expression of embracing the darkness - and then rejecting the comforts of silence and solitude that it offers, it appears disingenuous.

   If you knew what you wanted, and if you had the capacity to bridle it, it wouldn't be as difficult; but you appear lost, confused and despairing. At that point, no amount of family or friends are going to be able to help you. Straighten yourself out, find your footing, and then you can begin to consider where you wish to go.

   I hope you'll find the constructive elements of that, rather than focusing on how harsh I sound; my sympathy would do nothing for you, but perhaps my perspective might.

Thank you, Orwar,

I believe you are right on many counts here, and have said many things I do need to hear.

I realize it's only been a short amount of time this thread has been open.  I think I was just considering how long I have had inworld panels up (since March, and on & off longer than that).  And usually, I have a lot of good luck on the forums.

I am grateful for my son, but I do long very much for the same kind of energy I put toward him, to come from a parent to me.  I've had tastes of it before, and I miss it dearly.  My husband also hardly comes to SL anymore.

...Is the silence and solitude always associated with darkness?  I am therefore contradictive, in seeking relationships beyond this?  -

When I was in high school, there was a group of kids that considered themselves "Goth."  You could easily find them, because they usually wore black.  Some of them had pretty, fancy, "peacock" make-up or hair colors, while others just stuck to the dramatic black/white theme.  No matter what, tho, they always seemed highly talented, intelligent, and friendly/nice.  And they were not alone, there were at least 50 of them around at any given time.  ...I guess maybe I am wondering where that is in SL.  Am I too old for that?  Did we miss the mark?  Has SL turned so "trendy" that we do not see beyond outward appearance to what ppl really have to offer (as far as positive character aspects)?

Maybe I am more trying to be who I really feel I am, in SL, or possibly who I was kept from being, when I could've been my happiest, as a teenager... by being a succubus/dark fae in SL.  

There's also more detail to it too, I don't necessarily think Lilith actually was the Queen of demons by trying to be equal to a man, I think the ppl who originally wrote that "story" were trying to send a negative warning message to women who would try to be equal.  And I embrace my interpretation of this, by being a succubus/dark fae in SL.  ...Although, it's intended more for fun, really.

I guess it may be contradictive to try and "bust out of the mold" so much, and to do things so differently.  ...But if we don't have ppl like that, I guess we would be doomed to be stagnant, boring, die, etc..

All I have wanted for quite some time, is a supportive parent.  Someone to bounce ideas off of.  Someone to care a little more than a friend will.  Someone who may be encouraging, and also someone I could learn things from too. 

For a while there, I wasn't so sure as to why this was so hard to find.  But now I can see that anything worthwhile will take time, as I am possibly looking for a needle in a haystack (SL users -> parent/s -> for a unique -> wife/mother).

I just hope they haven't given up on SL completely, and we will one day find each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   There is a contradiction that you do touch upon; when it all started, punks and later goths were all about going against the grain, about tearing down social convention, about creating one's own fashion and expression through music and art - breaking out of the molds - these days, people expect uniformity within the subcultures, and put down anyone who doesn't conform to it. There's a lot of exclusivity and superiority complexes in many communities, others are more open. The one I've mostly been within in RL, is just a loose group of various people, skinheads, punks, rockers, metalheads, goths, synths - and there's been plenty of 'mainstream' people hanging out with us on various occasions.

   Anyway, that doesn't matter much in SL since there isn't much of an alternative scene anyway. There are a few clubs, most in German, but that's about it. The nature of SL is just that anyone can pretend to be anyone they want, but when it comes to subcultures it's a little more complicated than just dressing the right way which makes most attempts of alt-communities very shallow - and the people who 'know' what it 'should' be like tend to be equally elitist.

   Personally I don't identify strictly as 'Goth', or anything else really. I consider myself 'Gothic' to the point that I listen to much (but not all) of the music, I prefer darker colour palettes to work with and express myself with, and get most of my artistic inspiration from 'dark things'. This is true both in SL and RL. Furthermore I'm a bit of a history nerd, and study a subject that allows me to actually work with actual, 12th-16thC, Gothic 'stuff'. Philosophically I'm a anti-theistic satanist, and people tend to think that it means I sacrifice goats to dark entities - unless I were to slaughter a goat to eat it, that would be untrue as the only deity I worship is myself.

   I didn't have a family in SL for several years, I never pursued it; I got one when friendship evolved into it - and now it's quite substantial, even without any RP attached to it. Whenever people put the words 'RP' and 'Family' into the same sentence, it makes me shudder. These people know that if ever they'd need it, I'd traverse the Atlantic for them, and there's been several occasions where they've offered to send me stuff (care packages during rough periods) - which I've only declined out of pride. People with animesh babies and pets are just uncreative and need to learn to dream bigger. It's not even about finding like-minded people, I rarely agree with my family members and I often torment and tease my sisters just because I enjoy it - and then they bite back, but we look beyond our petty squabbles because we know that in the long term, we'll always be there for each other when we need it.

   You aren't family because you say you are, you're family when you can trust and rely on each other.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Orwar said:

      I didn't have a family in SL for several years, I never pursued it; I got one when friendship evolved into it - and now it's quite substantial, even without any RP attached to it. Whenever people put the words 'RP' and 'Family' into the same sentence, it makes me shudder. These people know that if ever they'd need it, I'd traverse the Atlantic for them, and there's been several occasions where they've offered to send me stuff (care packages during rough periods) - which I've only declined out of pride. People with animesh babies and pets are just uncreative and need to learn to dream bigger. It's not even about finding like-minded people, I rarely agree with my family members and I often torment and tease my sisters just because I enjoy it - and then they bite back, but we look beyond our petty squabbles because we know that in the long term, we'll always be there for each other when we need it.

   You aren't family because you say you are, you're family when you can trust and rely on each other.

"You aren't family because you say you are. . ." is true in RL too, with the addition of "or what your genes say." For some, family has nothing to do with genes.

Like Orwar said he was, I don't have family in SL, never have, never pursued it, never thought about it. But I find myself following this thread, and I'm not exactly sure why. 

I'm confused about the son. Is this your teen son in RL who also RPs in SL?  Or is this an alt? Another avi who plays your son? (As I said: confused.) So it is a 2-for-1 deal?

I'm also confused about the cross-over to RL, where you talk about Skyping during AFK times (in your blog/web post). It sounds like you want someone 24/7, and that, to me, doesn't sound like RP. As Orwar also says, his SL family doesn't always agree and can squabble, which sounds about right. The "perfect" family you described on the blog sounds just that, too perfect (as in unobtainable). Both of those would scare me off as a prospect, especially in early days.

Then again, I had a crap RL family, so what do I know from families? I also find any kind of deep, meaningful relationship in SL to be few and far between. I had some great ones that ended up being horrid. I have one, abiding friend who is now in my RL and always will be (and he's now never in SL).

I dunno. Just rambling here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
7
7 hours ago, Orwar said:

   There is a contradiction that you do touch upon; when it all started, punks and later goths were all about going against the grain, about tearing down social convention, about creating one's own fashion and expression through music and art - breaking out of the molds - these days, people expect uniformity within the subcultures, and put down anyone who doesn't conform to it. There's a lot of exclusivity and superiority complexes in many communities, others are more open. The one I've mostly been within in RL, is just a loose group of various people, skinheads, punks, rockers, metalheads, goths, synths - and there's been plenty of 'mainstream' people hanging out with us on various occasions.

   Anyway, that doesn't matter much in SL since there isn't much of an alternative scene anyway. There are a few clubs, most in German, but that's about it. The nature of SL is just that anyone can pretend to be anyone they want, but when it comes to subcultures it's a little more complicated than just dressing the right way which makes most attempts of alt-communities very shallow - and the people who 'know' what it 'should' be like tend to be equally elitist.

   Personally I don't identify strictly as 'Goth', or anything else really. I consider myself 'Gothic' to the point that I listen to much (but not all) of the music, I prefer darker colour palettes to work with and express myself with, and get most of my artistic inspiration from 'dark things'. This is true both in SL and RL. Furthermore I'm a bit of a history nerd, and study a subject that allows me to actually work with actual, 12th-16thC, Gothic 'stuff'. Philosophically I'm a anti-theistic satanist, and people tend to think that it means I sacrifice goats to dark entities - unless I were to slaughter a goat to eat it, that would be untrue as the only deity I worship is myself.

   I didn't have a family in SL for several years, I never pursued it; I got one when friendship evolved into it - and now it's quite substantial, even without any RP attached to it. Whenever people put the words 'RP' and 'Family' into the same sentence, it makes me shudder. These people know that if ever they'd need it, I'd traverse the Atlantic for them, and there's been several occasions where they've offered to send me stuff (care packages during rough periods) - which I've only declined out of pride. People with animesh babies and pets are just uncreative and need to learn to dream bigger. It's not even about finding like-minded people, I rarely agree with my family members and I often torment and tease my sisters just because I enjoy it - and then they bite back, but we look beyond our petty squabbles because we know that in the long term, we'll always be there for each other when we need it.

   You aren't family because you say you are, you're family when you can trust and rely on each other.

I might just explore some German destinations now!

Your knowledge of behavior and history is quite impressive for how old your profile says you are (or whenever you last updated it, LOL)!

...I actually never got too much into all of that.  The paragraph where I reference what "Goth" was like for me in high school, is pretty much my extent.  But yes, I did know that "Gothic" was referred to as architecture back then.  And had evolved into referencing music.  To which, I'm not so sure which music falls specifically into that category, as it seems very fluid (The Cure?  The Smiths?  Switchblade Symphony?  Rasputina?  Type O Negative?  Marilyn Manson?  Hell, even VNV Nation has dark lyrics but practically made the genre of EDM ...So I think it's more like an interpretive perspective thing?).  And now I think it has evolved into things like Steampunk.

I also find your philosophical view fascinating as well!  I've had a philosophy of religion class that basically boiled everything down to 3 reasons: 1) Do it because God said so, 2) Do it for the greater good, or 3) Do it because it feels good.  When I was a practicing Eclectic Witch, I was taught to stay away from "the Left-Handed Path" because whatever energy you put out, comes back to you ("Law of 3" or in other POVs the "Law of Attraction"), therefore I never want to mess with free will or do "negative" things.  However, I'm not entirely sure if we are talking about the same Satanism I know of, or something you have eclectically made for your own personal doctrine here.  At any rate, without touching the butterfly wings of the common, unspoken taboo of social faux pas (being to: never talk about politics, money, or religion ...at least not publicly, LOL!), you do strike me as someone very interesting that I'd love to at least share coffee with!

And yus.  You are indeed right regarding your point on being family.  And yeah, I do have friends I can trust and rely on, and I'd like to say they can feel the same about me.  There are just certain boundaries that you never know whether you can actually cross and risk losing them as friends forever, or if they'd actually like that kind of relationship (you know, where you feel comfy enough to, say, send dumb things like cookies or something to each other in the mail, or whatever).  That's why I kinda felt safe looking for a family at all these adoption places, because obviously those ppl might be kinda looking for the eventually same deeper relationship I'm looking for, right?  Therefore, there really isn't that much risk of losing someone as a friend in SL, per say, but more like discovering if you actually have a lot of other, more meaningful things in common.

...Everyone who has the type of family relationship you are referencing in SL (where you start off as friends first, and there do seem to be a lot of them), seems really lucky to me.  It is my holy grail and unicorn.  Because my experience hasn't been quite so awesome...

When I first came to SL, my RL friend who no longer signs on, brought me here.  I left SL for like 5 years, because I couldn't find what I was looking for.  Whether it was too new, not enough ppl, or I'm socially stunted whatever-have-you, I dunno.  I didn't think I would come back.  But when I returned, I got sucked in.  Because a lot of things were different.  More social, and awesome graphically.  However, the place I found, that I thought I belonged to, and would forever be a part of, played such a horrific and ugly political game that it sent me reeling and spiraling backward as far as friends go (yes, a few friends have "followed" me away from that place, but like I said before, I'm scared of pushing any boundaries to accidentally offend what little friends I have left).  And this original place's power ties into other fantasy realms that are similar in nature.  So, it feels like whatever I was interested in, I "no longer have a right to enjoy."  And I have no idea how to find other places like that first place (many don't have as much traffic, & again, it's like a needle in a haystack).  It's overwhelming and I feel defeated on that level.  I even asked a make-over place for help, and they were a bit dumbfounded as to how, LOL!  ...How I have survived, is by doing my own thing with building, playing L$ earning games, and writing.  It's alright, but it's an **explicit-delete** bubble ...Or a vacuum, if you wanna call it that.  That may just be why I have a horrible time finding friends that become more like family.  It's a conundrum.  I seem darned if I do and darned if I don't.  And I lack the social know-how to otherwise chance or sacrifice at a cost I'm scared to pay (like maybe things could be worse, you know?).

*sigh* And before I close, I want to be clear, my current friends are like family... But they're more like aunts and uncles and regular friends.  Nobody really checks in with me every/other day ...And I feel like if I check in with them all the time, I might be "annoying" or "needy," or somehow wind up in a worse emotional spot than that first place left me.  So... That's why I don't want to be stuck in this bubble, and am trying anything and everything to branch out here ...hopefully, without ruining what I already have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
 
 
5
5 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

"You aren't family because you say you are. . ." is true in RL too, with the addition of "or what your genes say." For some, family has nothing to do with genes.

Like Orwar said he was, I don't have family in SL, never have, never pursued it, never thought about it. But I find myself following this thread, and I'm not exactly sure why. 

I'm confused about the son. Is this your teen son in RL who also RPs in SL?  Or is this an alt? Another avi who plays your son? (As I said: confused.) So it is a 2-for-1 deal?

I'm also confused about the cross-over to RL, where you talk about Skyping during AFK times (in your blog/web post). It sounds like you want someone 24/7, and that, to me, doesn't sound like RP. As Orwar also says, his SL family doesn't always agree and can squabble, which sounds about right. The "perfect" family you described on the blog sounds just that, too perfect (as in unobtainable). Both of those would scare me off as a prospect, especially in early days.

Then again, I had a crap RL family, so what do I know from families? I also find any kind of deep, meaningful relationship in SL to be few and far between. I had some great ones that ended up being horrid. I have one, abiding friend who is now in my RL and always will be (and he's now never in SL).

I dunno. Just rambling here.

I agree.  The friends/"surrogates"/substitutes are great, but I really and truly wish the family defined by genetics would yield a more meaningful or validating relationship.  ...And so, I am attempting to do this on SL now.

...Well, glad you at least find this thread interesting, Seicher :) I welcome everyone's feedback and conversation!  I can honestly say this is the most social interaction I have had in SL in quite a while and it feels nice!  So, thank you!

My son is RPed by a really awesome younger chick a few thousand miles away.  She openly admits to many alts, and she knows I have a hard time keeping up with all of them (but she's very patient).  I found I got a 2-fer with her (or maybe even a 3-fer or a 10-fer, LOL).  Not only do I have my son, Eddy, and all his friends... but I also get to talk with her a bit about some of her RL stuff.  She's very creative, funny, and amusing, and I ♥ her to pieces!  I try to talk with her every/other day whether on SL or FB.

Well... I honestly have no other experience to go on but my first SL Mom, who started Skyping with me, I believe, within the first day or so, for like 8 hours sometimes.  Therefore, because of that, and the questions the adoption panels one is asked to fill out, I believe Skyping is something that those who are interested in adopting, would be looking for.  It's not a necessity.  I don't think my son and I have actually Skyped in over a year... but I guess it's nice to know that if you needed to get a hold of me, you could.  I guess it's a connection thing.  It depends on the person and how connected they want to feel.

It would be nice to have a parent who isn't afraid to cross over a bit into RL.  Nothing scary like, "Okay, cool, now yer my mum & I'ma move in with you," LOL... More like, "Hey, X, Y, Z happened today, and I'm not sure what to do, what do you think?  What would you do?"

And yeah, squabbles will probably happen.  It's true of any two (or more) ppl that care enough about each other and their own convictions, who are in a relationship of any kind.  I guess I was just trying to share what the goal is... and as long as it falls somewhere in the spectrum of that, I'd be happy and hope the other person/ppl would be too.  A relationship like what I'm seeking is a living/fluid thing.  It's never going to be "perfect," and maybe the only way it would be, is if everyone cared enough about each other and themselves to maybe have some differences - just how we deal with them is what would strengthen the relationship/s.  ...It's interesting that you say this too, I do have a place where I talk about how I would try to resolve differences (because the panels do have that question).  But then again, you have to think about how to "market yourself" in these kinds of things too, so you can be adopted (so you want to aim for more positive than negative ...although, I tried to be realistic and throw a lot of truth in there too, don't get me wrong).  I'm not sure how exactly to fix this so I don't scare prospects off.  Never thought I was perfect, and I don't think anyone else has to be either, LOL.

I feel for you on the RL family situation, I really do.  I'm not sure why meaningful relationships are hard to find on SL ...Maybe a lot of us are scared of what we have to lose, and maybe it also plays a bit on the escape of being anybody and doing anything here.  I'm sure that's why a lot of ppl "don't' take this game very seriously" too.  I'm glad you found a great friend from here into RL!  That's super awesome!  :) 

And yup, I ramble too, LOL!  What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?  😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

BlueVioletVixen Lorefield : I'm glad you took my ramblings in the spirit in which they were intended, good natured curiosity and conversation.  The weather? LoL. Well it is off/on seasonably cool, overcast and rainy. We'll have sunshine today or tomorrow then back to rain.

Edited by Seicher Rae

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   Weirdly, I can't quote your post. Oh well - I forgot to update my profile last month when I had my birthday, updated it now!

   I don't have much social know-how, I'm extremely judgemental of strangers and the closest I come to 'interacting' with people when I'm out and about, is usually to skim through their profiles and chuckle at their shortcomings. Especially the ones who try to seem unique and intelligent - through quoting others. 'Carpe diem' abusers in particular, who don't understand that Horace was an epicurean (or even know who he was).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2019 at 3:02 AM, Seicher Rae said:

 

BlueVioletVixen Lorefield : I'm glad you took my ramblings in the spirit in which they were intended, good natured curiosity and conversation.  The weather? LoL. Well it is off/on seasonably cool, overcast and rainy. We'll have sunshine today or tomorrow then back to rain.

OoOoo, nice to be cool!  I love the smell of rain!  The mud on the other hand, well, that's another story!  LOL

We've been having weird weather where I live... It's supposed to be Summer, but yup, it hailed a couple of weeks ago!  :o 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
1
On 5/31/2019 at 4:00 AM, Orwar said:

   Weirdly, I can't quote your post. Oh well - I forgot to update my profile last month when I had my birthday, updated it now!

   I don't have much social know-how, I'm extremely judgemental of strangers and the closest I come to 'interacting' with people when I'm out and about, is usually to skim through their profiles and chuckle at their shortcomings. Especially the ones who try to seem unique and intelligent - through quoting others. 'Carpe diem' abusers in particular, who don't understand that Horace was an epicurean (or even know who he was).

I dunno how I managed to make my stuff not quotable, or come up with weird useless blocks of non-text, LOL!  Fun, fun!

Happy belated birthday!  Did you do anything fun to celebrate?  Or at least get some freebies?  I like to go to restaurants that have those!  :D 

*giggles*  Well, I tend to do the same when it comes to ppl sometimes... But fortunately I'm a bit secretly shy and they don't have to witness my stupidity first-hand from my end!  LMAO.

Ohh, interesting!  I didn't know Horace actually said Carpe Diem!  I thought it was just an infamous saying humans generally came up with, like "don't look a gift horse in the mouth," or something like that (mind you, that has an origin as well, and I didn't think to put two and two together until you referenced the phrase).  ...Epicurean.  Interesting!  I didn't know there was such a thing!  I thought there was just Taoism (amongst others that I've been WAY too exposed to).  Now I have something else to study!  That's great!  I love that!  Thanks a bunch!  :D 

Carpe Noctem, to you!  ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   Epicureanism is one of the ancient Greek schools of philosophy, opposing both Platonism and Stoicism. The deepest explanation I've heard of it was 'It's a little bit like cynicism, but different'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To the OP:. I'm not looking to be a parent, but I'm always open to new friends and perhaps even family. I'm very shy and soft spoken. Also deaf so may not be what you wish for in a friend since you spoke of skyping. I'm here if you ever want to say hello inworld though. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...