So Excited!!

KittyKatt2565

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I have a dumb question since I haven't had a Linden house in like what, 12 years?

Once I get my home (fingers crossed!) will I have to actually log in right away or can I log in later on? I'm at work and I'm able to get to the web page easily to claim the house but not sure if I'll be able to actually log onto SL until I arrive home later in the day. I did download Firestorm on my work computer yesterday just in case I have to but obviously would prefer not to have to do this. I'm management but it still probably wouldn't look good LOL

you can log when ever you want after you get it 

• Like 2

I have a dumb question since I haven't had a Linden house in like what, 12 years?

Once I get my home (fingers crossed!) will I have to actually log in right away or can I log in later on? I'm at work and I'm able to get to the web page easily to claim the house but not sure if I'll be able to actually log onto SL until I arrive home later in the day. I did download Firestorm on my work computer yesterday just in case I have to but obviously would prefer not to have to do this. I'm management but it still probably wouldn't look good LOL

Not a dumb question at all. The land will be in your name as soon as you are allocated it from the website, you don't have to do anything further with the parcel in order to stake your claim. You can then spend the rest of the day looking forward to 'going home' :)

• Like 3

Just now, Raith Dagger said:

I'm 99% sure you just need to claim it. And can wait till later to get to you plot. I'm in the same situation today lol! 😁

That would be much easier. I work in a creative environment and several know I'm in SL but still better to do it at home 😉

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

You can just "claim" the house via the webpage, and you can then click the "Go to your home" button to go to your house inworld. You can log in later if need be :)

• Like 3

No need to log in right away, it will be yours until you abandon it and that can only be done in world, as I understand.  Good luck!!!!  I already have mine but I’m excited too, lol. WHOOOO!!!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

No need to log in right away, it will be yours until you abandon it and that can only be done in world, as I understand.  Good luck!!!!  I already have mine but I’m excited too, lol. WHOOOO!!!

Yep, I've abandoned property several times in my earlier days :P That, I'm an expert at LOL

Thanks!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

You don't need to log in. Everything that needs to be done can be done from the web page. You should get an email with the SLURL to your new parcel. If you don't, you can find it on your dashboard under Land Manager - My Mainland. No need to rush in world. :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Suspended Shepherd said:

BTW.: I don't received an email from the PatchLinden-Update also, so dont rely on this attention call ... better look here as often as you can. Maybe there is an issue with some Emails ... the ones from the Support and Marketplace go through in seconds.

You may not have your forum notifications set to go to email.    Upper right - click the arrow by your name and select Account Settings.  Then on the right side, under Other Settings, click Notification Settings.  There you can customize how you are notified of things on the forum.  

Also, you have to go to that thread and click 'Follow' to the right of the thread title.

5 hours ago, Randy Pole said:

My hunch is nothing much will happen until the start of normal office hours for the folks in San Francisco at the earliest given that most people who want these homes will probably be in the US they would want to open up at a time they are awake. Just a guess though.

Based on many, many comments here on the forums, it sounds like there are tons of people all over Europe wanting houses/houseboats.

• Like 3

I know the traditional way of getting a house from the dashboard, but can you "pick" your location and grab it in world too?  There are so many waiting on the edge of the map waiting for the houseboats to open up that I was wondering if they are able to hand pick their location.

• Like 1

Nope.   You can't select your location by being in world.   The only thing for which you need to go in-world is to abandon any previous Linden Home you may have before trying to claim another one (or to abandon some mainland if you don't want to increase your tier bracket).

But there's no advantage to be gained by hanging around the border waiting for the regions to open, other than to be there first and see people arriving.    

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ivy Schwade said:

I know the traditional way of getting a house from the dashboard, but can you "pick" your location and grab it in world too?  There are so many waiting on the edge of the map waiting for the houseboats to open up that I was wondering if they are able to hand pick their location.

No it's not possible to grab a house inworld. The only way to get a house is via the web page.
(Maybe people at the borders are just excited to see the new houseboats in advance.)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ivy Schwade said:

When they are available, you'll select it from the web page as usual -- and the new ones will show first on that page.   You'll get a parcel randomly assigned.  Go there and select your actual houseboat model from the life preserver.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

It's getting busy around here 

green dots.PNG

Makes me wonder... are there some who think that they might be able to get a house by rushing to the regions when the gates open? :D:P
"I was here among the first ones and I didn't get my house!" :S

Edited by Coby Foden
  • Haha 2

It's a bit like waiting for the latest iPhone release, Yes you get a new home on the website, No there is no advantage hanging around the border other than you can see whats going on (at the moment nothing) and you will see if anything happens.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

Makes me wonder... are there some who think that they might be able to get a house by rushing to the regions when the gates open? :D:P

I have been wondering the same! I can't think of any other reason to just squat there for hours!

5 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

"I was here among the first ones and I didn't get my house!" :S

Based on some of the questions here in the forums, that is very possible. 

• Like 2

I had a houseboat in my grasp few hours back then lost it on the confirm page...same thing just happened with a traditional home 15 min ago.....but (drum roll).. I just got a house boat for real this time!! After a week of trying. I'm hoping to get a traditional home in the next roll out, but for now I'm happy to have more prims and live in a great community!! Yay!

For those wondering, someone abandoned it and when that happens, it is up for grabs on the page.

Edited by ClariceRose
Explain how I got it
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.