Squishy Pickle Welcoming Party

BobbieEarhart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guess it will be clarified and you will see. Do you really believe after patches web cast youbckearly missed when they discussed priority in the Linden homes they will not put in place safe gaurds for residents who are premium land owners in each area? Ypu seem awful evasive with your discussions of holding one house with one alt while you try to get s boat house with another, and supporting the idea residents just wont get to their home. Doesnt paint a good picture. Residents when teleporting tobtjeir parcel will have priority. Others in ate may randomly be sent to their home point. This is not a standard application of a standard sims 10 percent buffer. If the primary parcel resident cant get on their premium parcel, it would cause issues for LL. It is apparent they as coveted will remedy that issue to avoid problems. 

8 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Where does it say this? I've not seen such a plan announced anywhere.

ETA: Even if true, it doesn't seem to help out the problem of parcel owner's guests, even their partners, being blocked from access when the place gets too full. 

Additional parcel people on the parcels lists aren't covered. Only tje parcel owner , primary. So yes others would fall in the general aspect, a non premium when on the parcel list may not get on. 

8 minutes ago, anthonytorino said:

Ypu seem awful evasive with your discussions of holding one house with one alt while you try to get s boat house with another, and supporting the idea residents just wont get to their home

If you are referring to me, how am I being "evasive"?  I have flat out said that I plan to use an alt to try for a better location before giving up my current one - nothing evasive about it.  I paid my money for multiple Premium accounts - if I wanted, I could actually get each alt a Linden Home to keep.  Instead, I'm simply using an alt to ensure that I don't lose a spot that I somewhat like.  I can guarantee you that I will not be the only one doing so.

And how does that even tie into a discussion of whether or not home owners might have difficulty getting to their home if the sim is full?

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, anthonytorino said:

Additional parcel people on the parcels lists aren't covered. Only tje parcel owner , primary. So yes others would fall in the general aspect, a non premium when on the parcel list may not get on. 

OK, so as I thought, none of this addresses the issue I originally raised.

So I just tried to TP to my own home on Dorma and got this message:

We are sorry, Linden Lab has discovered degraded performance on your connection to the region you are on.  You will need to restart Second Life and log into a new region for the next 30 minutes to an hour.  We apologize for the inconvenience.

I look forward to the explanation for that one.(BTW, I am having no trouble getting into other regions.)

1 hour ago, anthonytorino said:

Guess it will be clarified and you will see. Do you really believe after patches web cast youbckearly missed when they discussed priority in the Linden homes they will not put in place safe gaurds for residents who are premium land owners in each area? Ypu seem awful evasive with your discussions of holding one house with one alt while you try to get s boat house with another, and supporting the idea residents just wont get to their home. Doesnt paint a good picture. Residents when teleporting tobtjeir parcel will have priority. Others in ate may randomly be sent to their home point. This is not a standard application of a standard sims 10 percent buffer. If the primary parcel resident cant get on their premium parcel, it would cause issues for LL. It is apparent they as coveted will remedy that issue to avoid problems. 

When was Patch’s webcast?  Was it recorded or posted anywhere?  I do enjoy keeping up with the news and do my best to keep informed of the rules and the covenant I had to agree to in order to receive my Free Linden Home and any pertinent changes made thereto, which LL normally makes every effort to provide in multiple forms of media.  

That sort of perk would be very pertinent to my enjoyment and time management as some of day in SL is spent on land in a Region which is difficult to access because it is regularly full of batches of very new avatars which I don’t think are all landowners as their number often far exceeds the number of parcels in the Region.

I try to review my sources credibility and verify their validity before offering my advice or opinion [for my own protection, as well as] to avoid further complicating an issue.  Sometimes rules or laws don’t seem to uphold or reassure an individual’s belief in what they expect to be common sense but those rules and laws are usually for the common good and they deserve to be treated with due respect.    

Slandering and impersonation aren’t respectful and can incur consequences with far reaching effects so let’s be respectful and careful to verify and clarify!!

...and happily celebrate the excitement and success of the rare birth of our beautiful new SL continent!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

So I just tried to TP to my own home on Dorma and got this message:

I look forward to the explanation for that one.(BTW, I am having no trouble getting into other regions.)

Grumpity just said that the network guys were unplugging and plugging back in things tonight but that it should be a short time issue. Hopefully it was.  Don't forget network changes through Thursday. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.