Squishy Pickle Welcoming Party

BobbieEarhart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Not a very good idea. What if some of those who live in Dorma get the message the region is too full? It's 48 people there now.

I was wondering the same thing! Seems like it would be more appropriate to have a large gathering in an area that actually has gathering places. Dorma is totally residential as far as I know, without even a park or a pool.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I was wondering the same thing! Seems like it would be more appropriate to have a large gathering in an area that actually has gathering places. Dorma is totally residential as far as I know, without even a park or a pool.

once people get ether homes they will have priority, others should nt be gathering to cause issues.

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, anthonytorino said:

once people get ether homes they will have priority, others should nt be gathering to cause issues.

As long as my partner and I are able to access our home tonight, it's all good. But I still think it's best to have large gatherings in non-residential areas, so that the home owners have full use of their homes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Dorma is totally residential as far as I know, without even a park or a pool.

I think quite a few of the East Coast SIMS had lots of traffic today and Dorma (and Graff) was just where a LOT of the Lindens and Moles came over to hang out with the watchers before their lunch break.  It was an inspiring experience to see so many gathered of their own volition to see such a rare occurrence and see and chat with all those Lindens and Moles for such a happy surprise celebration!  

3b566817327e9706ef134acc3feea4af.gif

I was out for my daily excursion around Bellissaria hoping to catch a glimpse of the new atoll that appeared last night after I was already in bed and happened to come along at the right time for an impromptu  WHOO!! ███▓▒░░.ヽ(ヅ)ノ.░░▒▓███  Hello to the 2nd Batch of new Premium Homes!!  I cammed over and got a Pickle on a Stick, LOL

Edited by BJoyful
had to look at the Map to see which Regions
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

OK, I'm in Dorma now and can barely walk inside my own home due to lag. Yay.  *starts derendering everyone to see if it helps*

I hope it won't last too much longer and that the derendering helps!  It must feel like coming home to a Surprise Party of strangers! 

Complex avatars and some moving water (some waterfalls or splash effects) are the 2 things that I notice really make me lag.  

1 minute ago, BJoyful said:

I hope it won't last too much longer and that the derendering helps!  It must feel like coming home to a Surprise Party of strangers! 

Complex avatars and some moving water (some waterfalls or splash effects) are the 2 things that I notice really make me lag.  

Nope, didn't help. There are simply too many people on the sim. 

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Owning a home on the sim does not give you priority.  If the region is full, then you are just out of luck getting to your house.

And even the Premium Member priority access may be moot if everyone trying to get in is a Premium Member!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Owning a home on the sim does not give you priority.  If the region is full, then you are just out of luck getting to your house.

You are incorrect. Non premium do Not have priority over premium and residents. This has been explained. And if people start having mass groups hold areas hostage, you can bet the ban hammer will come down very fast. You can test that theory if you like. They will also ear and force people out as well as restart the regions prior to releasing the homes. It's fine to check it out for now, but they are not going to allow horses of people to interfere with new area releases. There was a mass group on tje north east point over the weekend maxing the region sim. The owners had no issues logging in and alts got bumped off due to a full region, but they ckeated it out within 2 hours

Edited by anthonytorino

15 minutes ago, anthonytorino said:
1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

4 hours ago, anthonytorino said:

once people get ether homes they will have priority

You are incorrect. Non premium do Not have priority over premium and residents. This has been explained. And if people start having mass groups hold areas hostage, you can bet the ban hammer will come down very fast. Ypu can test that theory if you like. 

What you specifically said was 'once people get their homes they will have priority'. 

What I said was "owning a home" there does not give you any priority over others.  It is not the 'home ownership' that is coming into play as related to priority in getting to a location.  If someone is already Premium - which is needed to get a home - then they already have as much priority as they will ever get.

The Premium membership gives you priority over Non-Premiums in getting into a location, but that doesn't help much if everyone trying to get there is also Premium.  How many Non-Premium people will be hanging out at a party related to the new Linden Houseboats?  My bet is very few.  Thus the 'party' in a mostly or all residential area most definitely can impact the home owners.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, anthonytorino said:

You are incorrect. Non premium do Not have priority over premium and residents. This has been explained. And if people start having mass groups hold areas hostage, you can bet the ban hammer will come down very fast. Ypu can test that theory if you like. 

"We are introducing some improvements to how region limits and region entry work:

• The Region Owner or an Estate Manager can always enter, even when the region is full

In effect, the region occupancy limit does not apply to the Region Owner or an Estate Manager for the purposes of entry. Having entered the region, the owner or manager does still increase the count in the region. For example, if there is a region that already has the maximum number of avatars in it, the Region Owner or an Estate Manager would be able to enter, but that would bring the number in the region to 1 over the limit, so 2 would need to leave before the next non owner/manager could enter."

And...

"Once an avatar is in a region, whether they are Premium or not will not matter; they count the same as anyone else. It doesn't matter what the mix of Premium, Basic, or owner/managers in the region is: they all just each count as one occupant."

That is from this Featured News Blog: 

The Owner of the Regions on Bellissaria is Governor Linden (but I think Governor Linden can go anywhere anytime, no matter how full a Region is), next Premium Members have Priority Access to the full Region then Non Premium Residents but there is no special allowance or consideration for the individual landowners or Group members who reside on those parcels as far as I understand.

• Like 3

They covered as fact , and more so in regards to the new Linden homes. Land owners aka residents will have priority. The current public land count is et in a way to have a buffer and well to be certain residents have access. It diesnt cover otherr on your parcels access list.  If counts are higher then the buffer, then non premium and nonresidents will be teleported home or to a hub.  

We are and not discussing sim owners by region list. Get on support chat if you wish to clarify it or post a post and ask for ll clarification. I can confirm during the mass group issue one of my alts recieved the message and was teleported with others as a result,  residents of parcels were able to log in

Edited by anthonytorino
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, anthonytorino said:

They covered as fact , and more so in regards to the new Linden homes. Land owners aka residents will have priority. The current public land count is et in a way to have a buffer and well to be certain residents have access. It diesnt cover otherr on your parcels access list.  If counts are higher then the buffer, then non premium and nonresidents will be teleported home or to a hub.  

Where does it say this? I've not seen such a plan announced anywhere.

ETA: Even if true, it doesn't seem to help out the problem of parcel owner's guests, even their partners, being blocked from access when the place gets too full. 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.