animats

Second Life is down.

1 minute ago, Bastet Batra said:

Looks like this is going to be a LONG outage....

It's been 30 minutes !

I think my largest issue here is that with about 20 different options for actually communicating about what they're doing, why they're doing it and what not, main domain, the status page, their twitter and all that...absolutely none of it really explains what they're doing or why.

Its all just vague "we are doing maintenance" well yes obviously, everything is down. Duh. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Beta grid is up. If you really want to hang out, Nelsonia, the beta grid safe hub, is up.

Just now, Female Winslet said:

Word from a Linden. Services being brought back and should be up soon.

You heard it first.  It's all Lucia's fault.  

Seriously though, we're very carefully lining our ducks back up in a row - and will enable logins again as soon as it's prudent.  We're not actually that crazy about taking down the grid, but we had to bang on some things, and are terribly sorry!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Second Life withdrawal symptoms showing up in minutes.... this maintenance could take days. omg 😨

Just now, Grumpity Linden said:

Seriously though, we're very carefully lining our ducks back up in a row - and will enable logins again as soon as it's prudent.  We're not actually that crazy about taking down the grid, but we had to bang on some things, and are terribly sorry!

NOT MY FAULT!

• Haha 1

Just now, Grumpity Linden said:

Let it be known that Linden Lab has just confirmed that it was not because a cat knocked the grid off the edge of something. 

In other words . . . IT IS NOT MY FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

🙂

• Haha 1

Dammit, I was in the middle of a conversation with the furry kingdom.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I wonder if when we can log back in (and stay in) will our hair and shoes be stuck up our butts again.

I’m overdue for some flossing, anyway. 

I’m not really sure why anyone is acting surprised. They DID warn us. I hope everyone got their bread and milk from the grocers! Hopefully during this, SL will realize how bad of an idea EEP is. One can only hope.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, norajulian said:

I’m not really sure why anyone is acting surprised. They DID warn us. I hope everyone got their bread and milk from the grocers! Hopefully during this, SL will realize how bad of an idea EEP is. One can only hope.

Well, in fairness, it has been a long time since the entire grid went down. 

. . . although my firestorm shows 283 people login so I guess maybe saying the *entire* grid is down is a bit much.

1 hour ago, Grumpity Linden said:

Yea, yeah. Heard that line for 14 years. Still don't believe it. And Ebbe better not be robbing any more of SL's cluster and giving them to Sansar.  He may think it will cause SL to shut down in the next couple of years but I got news for him.  Most SL residents are not interested in Sansar. Sansar is not the open world SL is and never will be.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Female Winslet said:

Let it be known that Linden Lab has just confirmed that it was not because a cat knocked the grid off the edge of something. 

In other words . . . IT IS NOT MY FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

🙂

giphy.gif&f=1

• Like 1

Just now, Jerilynn Lemon said:

giphy.gif&f=1

Yes, well, one time I was bar tending in world and I said to the room "If I can get you a drink, just let me know. I will fill up your drink and then knock it off the bar." The owner's response was "Hmmmmm.... maybe cats do not make the best bartenders." I was sad. I never got to tend bar again.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh . . . bittersweet memories of SL. I remember it well.

• Like 2

Okay, nothing to do and a full day of work lies waiting on me. Nope, I do not have another life. lol I was able to get as far as a log in, and even that has been disabled now. Hmmmm, what will I do.