You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Second Life Main Channel Regions   Major Outage
Second Life RC LeTigre Regions   Major Outage
Second Life RC BlueSteel Regions   Major Outage
Second Life RC Magnum Regions   Major Outage
Second Life RC Snack Regions   Major Outage
Second Life RC Cake Regions   Major Outage

secondlife.com   Major Outage
marketplace.secondlife.com   Major Outage

Edited by animats
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi folks. We're really sorry for the trouble tonight. Things didn't go as we'd planned. Second Life is a very complex distributed system, and it failed in a way we didn't think it would. If we'd

This would be the perfect time to announce the 2nd batch of Linden Home houseboats are ready.  

Thank you all for your patience.  We can't wait to call it a night! The Lindens who were doing the maintenance work tonight are amazing.  They were so sharp and on point, and kept communicating o

Posted Images

About the only thing that is still up is the forum. Some maintenance they're running this week. You guys ready for the grid to be mostly down for next 3 or 4 days? Hope so, because now all the new(er) people will find out what it was really like back in the day. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I wonder if when we can log back in (and stay in) will our hair and shoes be stuck up our butts again. 

Man, when LL effs up, they really eff up.

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

Well at least community.secondlife is still up - so don't have to do something useful in RL yet :)

I was logged out with about 6 mins left in my set tonight - but kept streaming just in case. Looks like we all got hit w/ the planned network maintenance.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Shamu077 said:

Well at least community.secondlife is still up - so don't have to do something useful in RL yet :)

I was logged out with about 6 mins left in my set tonight - but kept streaming just in case. Looks like we all got hit w/ the planned network maintenance.

We did. And we have 3 more days of this (if not more).

ETA: Some years back LL messed up and the grid was down for a week. Hasn't happened since that I'm aware of. I fully expect it to happen again, this week.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Haha 1
Just now, Suzanna Soyinka said:

"Who takes down a major service based system at 2200 PST for maintenance?" - Also me

A company that's planing on doing the bulk of the work when the bulk of us should be in bed ?

GG Linden Lab.

• Like 6

OMG RL... Whatever does that mean? What's this stuff all around me? why don't I have an inventory? and I can't rez anything ..... and my dog seems so lifelike! I'm trying to return all the stuff that's making my house messy, but it doesn't work!  Now what!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.