Look what's coming....

Sylvia Tamalyn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I had my draw distance set to 1024. Try to max it up as high as it will go.

Once you get the draw distance up high enough to be able to click on something and scroll in, you can then dial it back down for performance.  The draw distance is based on where your camera is.  You only need it high long enough to be able to click a boat or something and then zoom your view over.

4 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Not good for me - 9:30 pm over here - was just preparing for sandwich, wine, TV and BED!

Wonder what I will find tomorrow morning.

Sounds like it will likely be early tomorrow morning -- say around 7:00-9:00 am SLT.  Maybe anyway - he could be foolin again and it might happen later tonight.

3 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Actually for those of us who have been around the forums for a while know its actually  Soon 

These days, I cover all the basis with   Soon ™ ® ©

3 hours ago, LauraBM78 said:

Actually I don't understand why so many people just 'grab' the home and leave it there, closed, and never goes, just to 'have' a house...

Could leave them to those who really wants a home to be in, to decorate or no matter what, but to USE it...

How do you know that they 'never go in'?  If they just want a house to change clothes in or a place to Set Home to, it is their right as a Premium member.  Where is it defined what the valid "use" of the home is?

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 7

Just now, Cindy Evanier said:

@LittleMe Jewell stop showing off with your multiple quoting! O.o

Click little plus sign for every post you want to quote at once
image.png.be5d2975da0106419ef96d77a40b6b3a.png

When you are ready, then click the box in the lower right corner that will say "Quote n posts" and that will automatically put all the quotes into the reply box.  Position your cursor between each quote to reply specifically to it.  For readability, hit enter an extra time or two after your response to add space before the next quote:
image.png.ef69aafa93ce4a4a3d34a09c37ed4f83.png

/end lesson  
:SwingingFriends:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

How do you know that they 'never go in'?  If they just want a house to change clothes in or a place to Set Home to, it is their right as a Premium member.  Where is it defined what the valid "use" of the home is?

Oh no, not questioning that, each one can do whatever they want with their homes! Or even do nothing, just leave it there empty...

I'm just saying that I don't understand why some people look "eagerness" for a new home (sorry if the word is not that, english is not my 1st language) at new continent, if they don't plan to use it..... if it's just to set as home or change clothes, leave the new homes for the ones who really like that community feeling, the new neighbours closer, and all that we are seeing at Bellisseria now...

In 11 years of SL I really saw some houses (the old linden homes) that never had a single avi inside for ages!

But it's just my opinion, I'd do that in my case if I don't plan to really "use" a home, it won't matter for me staying inside the old linden ones, instead of abandoning it fast to get a new one.

I really wish these ones that are wanting so much the new ones, that we are seeing here, could get their new homes, boats or traditional, I really like that sense of community around the new homes, and I'm loving it 💛

Edited by LauraBM78
  • Like 1

With the second batch being released later on today sometime between 7am - 3pm SLT 

It looks like the lab are releasing these new Linden Homes & Houseboats every month. Probably around the 15th or so going forward. 

I'm thinking we will hear more about the new house types at Second Life 16th birthday celebrations next month. There is already one homes region connected with the SLB regions. I believe Linden Lab are running the birthday this year. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

That makes SENSE! - Know why?

In the first goldrush I hastily made THREE alts Premium - each for 9,50 US$ ... by now I decided which of the three homes they had really was the very best and yesterday I abandoned two of them and set two alts back to basic. ... I guess I am not the only one that does that.

So next goldrush - next people buying more options for 9,50 US$

In case you say I could have abandoned earlier ... I WOULD but I was on holiday (not inworld) for a fortnight - and wanted to be SURE

Every month a goldrush ... lots of Dollars for LL ;)

58 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

With the second batch being released later on today sometime between 7am - 3pm SLT 

It looks like the lab are releasing these new Linden Homes & Houseboats every month. Probably around the 15th or so going forward. 

I'm thinking we will hear more about the new house types at Second Life 16th birthday celebrations next month. There is already one homes region connected with the SLB regions. I believe Linden Lab are running the birthday this year. 

Maybe, but I think the batch of boats now was because of the very large demand of new boats. I think LL set aside another release of something new to satisfy the need for boats.

Once a month sound like too much. Maybe every second month or quarterly. But we will know when other SSPs is popping up.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

I will keep my eye on you.... Someone said way back to me that you are always almost right on the money  so I will stalk your post for now on....... SMILES AND WAVE 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

The runaway success of the first batch release took LL by surprise, especially the houseboats going so much quicker than the houses. This houseboat release is an additional one, which is probably why they adapted the squishy pickle from the original plan and have placed it separately rather than replacing it.

I imagine that the pressure for all involved has been pretty intense, and doubt whether it’s something that could be maintained on a monthly basis going forward.

The release falling on the 15th is more likely a coincidence, with the drive being more ‘as soon as they are properly ready’ than ‘on the 15th’.

I’m very happy with the way Bellisseria looks, and the covenant as it stands. This is exactly what I’ve been searching for in my 12 and a half years in SL, and I look forward to all the releases to come to see the ideas for its development.... even if it IS on the 15th of every month ;)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

This is exactly what I’ve been searching for in my 12 and a half years in SL, and I look forward to all the releases to come to see the ideas for its development.... even if it IS on the 15th of every month ;)

Yes, exactly what I think ... same period in SL too (12+) and never found a place to live with all that benefit together. You can have community or privacy (Skybox) ... you can explore the neighbourhood with bicycle or by foot, there is a beach nearby .... enough LI and space also. PLUS a very attractive impression (so far) without this common "eyecancermix" with textured walls, blinking signs aso.

Edited by Suspended Shepherd
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

I’m very happy with the way Bellisseria looks, and the covenant as it stands. This is exactly what I’ve been searching for in my 12 and a half years in SL, and I look forward to all the releases to come to see the ideas for its development.... even if it IS on the 15th of every month ;)

2 hours ago, Suspended Shepherd said:

Yes, exactly what I think ... same period in SL too (12+) and never found a place to live with all that benefit together. You can have community or privacy (Skybox) ... you can explore the neighbourhood with bicycle or by foot, there is a beach nearby .... enough LI and space also. PLUS a very attractive impression (so far) without this common "eyecancermix" with textured walls, blinking signs aso.

12+ here as well. The closest I have ever come to a community like this was a builders community I lived in about a year after I started. But even that doesn't come close. It was a much smaller scale, and while everyone had impeccably decorated homes (with an area rug in each room ;) ) the tight knit community happened at 200m (or 500 i can't remember now) up in the air where you could almost walk from work plat to work plat. 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.