Jump to content

Gnash teeth, bleed tier HELP


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

So, a Bellisseria trad home pops up -- I name it click the yellow button and get told "sorry you don't have enough available land, increase your tier" something like that

Right now , I do not have a Linden home , I donate 512 , I expected to be bumped from 0 USD  month to 4 USD  **when** I grabbed a home --- is the system for Linden homes that I have to pay UPFRONT for the extra 512, when I may not get a chance at a house/boat for days or weeks? Getting billed 4 bucks a month for nothing until whenever?

If I go to a mainland 1024 parcel and click to buy it tells me my tier WILL increase to 4 USD  if I consummate the purchase--it doesm't say - sorry go get more tier FIRST.

I'm sad/mad. House gone of course.

 

 

 

Edited by Victorian Magic
Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is the difference has something to do with the fact that you aren't actually buying a parcel in the traditional sense with these Linden homes. I do know I read somewhere that the requirement is that you have sufficient tier available in advance, but of course I can't (quickly) find where I read it right now. As far as I know, that has always been the case with Linden homes, though. You have to have enough tier already available or no clicky allowed. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Victorian Magic said:

So, a Bellisseria trad home pops up -- I name it click the yellow button and get told "sorry you don't have enough available land, increase your tier" something like that

Right now , I do not have a Linden home , I donate 512 , I expected to be bumped from 0 USD  month to 4 USD  **when** I grabbed a home --- is the system for Linden homes that I have to pay UPFRONT for the extra 512, when I may not get a chance at a house/boat for days or weeks? Getting billed 4 bucks a month for nothing until whenever?

If I go to a mainland 1024 parcel and click to buy it tells me my tier WILL increase to 4 USD  if I consummate the purchase--it doesm't say - sorry go get more tier FIRST.

I'm sad/mad. House gone of course.

 

 

 

If you open your dashboard and go to Land Manager - Land Use Fees, you'll see a list of the various tiers and fees with a radio button. You set the amount of land you're wanting to cap at but don't actually get charged until you either own a parcel or contribute to a group with the max being the amount set.

 

Tier.png

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

You just have to indicate on the land fees page that you are willing to pay tier at a higher level to cover what you currently own plus 1024 for the linden home.  It's the maximum that you are willing to pay - you won't actually be billed for more than the total you actually use in a billing cycle. 

Edited by moirakathleen
removed extra word
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for reply, friend had her tier set for 2 full mainland regions, sold both , hadn't downgraded this tier window and Linden made her pay for a month where she owned nothing. They told her , we don't know if you donated it part of the time etc etc .

Link to post
Share on other sites

It actually told me somewhere as I was getting my home that I needed to have sufficient tier. So there is that warning for sure but I don't remember where but in the "rules about Linden Homes" official -- not the forums.

IN THEORY -- you can (now) go to the land manager and tell it that you are willing to pay that $4US extra and that should get you a house or houseboat when one comes up. Again, in theory, you should not (now) have to pay that money UNLESS you USE that tier.

Many people on these forums have assured us this is the case. That being said, "I" seem to always fall through the cracks on the what should be rules and end up paying extra or not being able to buy a parcel at all etc.  

Good luck. I see a ton of replies to this while I was typing so hopefully some good info there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Victorian Magic said:

Thanks for reply, friend had her tier set for 2 full mainland regions, sold both , hadn't downgraded this tier window and Linden made her pay for a month where she owned nothing. They told her , we don't know if you donated it part of the time etc etc .

Had to smile although it is sad. We are no longer SUPPOSED to have to downgrade in that chart, but I always do.  Thanks for verifying that I am NOT the only one "strange things" have happened to.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chic Aeon said:

Had to smile although it is sad. We are no longer SUPPOSED to have to downgrade in that chart, but I always do.  Thanks for verifying that I am NOT the only one "strange things" have happened to.  

 

Yeah, I always downgrade the minute I am eligible to do so. I've never been dinged on tier payments but I don't want to risk it, either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Victorian Magic said:

Thanks for reply, friend had her tier set for 2 full mainland regions, sold both , hadn't downgraded this tier window and Linden made her pay for a month where she owned nothing. They told her , we don't know if you donated it part of the time etc etc .

Since tier is billed in arrears, there will always be one more tier bill after you sell off land that you had been paying tier on.  If tier bills on the 15th and you sell on the 14th, you will still have a bill on the next day, the 15th.  If you sell on the 16th, the day after paying tier, you will pay tier one more time on the 15th of the following month.

 

ETA: I'm not currently paying any tier; haven't for a few months now, but my tier setting is still at either 8K or 16K.

 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Since tier is billed in arrears, there will always be one more tier bill after you sell off land that you had been paying tier on.  If tier bills on the 15th and you sell on the 14th, you will still have a bill on the next day, the 15th.  If you sell on the 16th, the day after paying tier, you will pay tier one more time on the 15th of the following month.

 

ETA: I'm not currently paying any tier; haven't for a few months now, but my tier setting is still at either 8K or 16K.

 

This!

You're charged for peak land usage on a given period. Even if for just a couple of hours. The tier per se doesn't mean you will pay for it. But if you actually use the land (or donate it), then you will be charged for the biggest amount you used.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...