The hostess said "show us some Linden love."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Oh, I detest that phrase

Makes note not to say that if I seen Rhonda when I host! :D But I don't use a gesture to be fair, so challenge accepted of thinking of another original way to say it! ;) 

Just now, Lindal Kidd said:

"If you're enjoying the show, please be sure to tip your DJ and hostess!  Thank you for your generosity."

That the thing, I loathe using the word: TIP and at club I work for as hostess; we can not ask for ourselves like most clubs.

I calls a spade a spade, and a tip a tip.  If you prefer, call it a "gratuity".  If you don't want to or can't ask for yourself, ask on behalf of the DJ...and let the DJ know you'd appreciate him putting in a plug for you in return.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skell Dagger said:

AKA: "bless with coinage" ;)

1 minute ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I calls a spade a spade, and a tip a tip.  If you prefer, call it a "gratuity".  If you don't want to or can't ask for yourself, ask on behalf of the DJ...and let the DJ know you'd appreciate him putting in a plug for you in return.

I thought of few new ways already so I will do when I next host however I do ask for DJ when hosting plus all other stuff I have to promote.

Edited by MrsSeren

Tip the DJs, you penny-pinching f****ers!!”.

I actually know a host (of sorts) who does that. Of course it’s part of a running joke, and he’s equally subtle with most other things 😂

Edited by Ren Toxx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

The phrase "Linden Love" is banned in my club. I do thank guests for their "tip" but I usually refer to it as a "donation" because that's basically what it is. 

As an owner/host, I remind guests to support my DJs, and my DJs remind them to support the venue, and once per event is sufficient, maybe twice if we've had an influx of new guests after half-time. Personally, I don't care about tips for myself; I'd run the club for free anyway. But I do worry sometimes that if my DJs don't get enough tips, they won't want to work for me any more. :S

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

The phrase "Linden Love" is banned in my club. I do thank guests for their "tip" but I usually refer to it as a "donation" because that's basically what it is. 

As an owner/host, I remind guests to support my DJs, and my DJs remind them to support the venue, and once per event is sufficient, maybe twice if we've had an influx of new guests after half-time. Personally, I don't care about tips for myself; I'd run the club for free anyway. But I do worry sometimes that if my DJs don't get enough tips, they won't want to work for me any more. :S

I also try to donate to the venue, if there is a collection jar that I can easily spot.  I do try and tip the DJ and the host as well, but I also don't like to be reminded so much that it feels like it's considered mandatory.  I like to go out and dance, but I don't always have a lot of extra lindens for tipping.  So I don't dance as much as I would like to some months.  I do appreciate DJ's that I can tell put some thought and work into creating their sets.

• Like 2

Interesting how each venue differs in what requires to be promoted during a set; example one I'm current host; I have to mention DJ, venue - naturally plus currently RFL related donations, any RFL related events we may be hosting or any club related events like concerts, what is on sim and any shops we have and where as another venue I used to work at we had set times tor use the gestures for set things. 

19 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

A simple thank you is more than sufficient. No need to advertise you got a tip. The people who tip know what the thank you is for. ;)

This is true, but if you just do a simple thank you, you get an IM from the tipper complaining that you didn't thank her the right way, believe me, I've had that happen to me before when I was hosting. You never seem to able to please everyone

2 minutes ago, anniepany said:

This is true, but if you just do a simple thank you, you get an IM from the tipper complaining that you didn't thank her the right way, believe me, I've had that happen to me before when I was hosting. You never seem to able to please everyone

I would be satisfied with a simple thank you. 

What I really don't like are the tip jars with the floating text that not only show who the last person was to tip, but also show the amount of that person's tip.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, moirakathleen said:

I would be satisfied with a simple thank you. 

What I really don't like are the tip jars with the floating text that not only show who the last person was to tip, but also show the amount of that person's tip.

We have those at the club I host at and honestly? I'm not thrilled with that myself, but I just worked there LOL 

3 minutes ago, anniepany said:

We have those at the club I host at and honestly? I'm not thrilled with that myself, but I just worked there LOL 

Can't do too much about it when you're the host, and not the owner.  If they ever ask for your opinion though....

1 hour ago, anniepany said:

We have owned and operated a few clubs in SL. Not only was I the hostess I also ran the light show for the live musicians. I have never had a resident complain that they weren't thanked the right way. What they did complain about was hosts and hostesses gesturbating  the "Linden love" bull. That was never allowed in any of our clubs.

You can't please everyone so you have to please yourself.

Edited by Selene Gregoire

1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

We have owned and operated a few clubs in SL. Not only was I the hostess I also ran the light show for the live musicians. I have never had a resident complain that they weren't thanked the right way. What they did complain about was hosts and hostesses gesturbating  the "Linden love" bull. That was never allowed in any of our clubs.

You can't please everyone so you have to please yourself.

Absolutely! and I LOVE this song! Thanks for posting it 🙂

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.