I suppose this might be a temp solution:

Cahtias

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1806 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Currently I am paying for a premium membership but not realizing any benefits. I gave up my land in favor of having prims available for the new continent. But who knows when that will be available. Maybe what we should do, all that are waiting, is to discontinue our premium membership and then just renew it when the homes become available again. Its unclear to me what I am paying for presently. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cahtias said:

Currently I am paying for a premium membership but not realizing any benefits. I gave up my land in favor of having prims available for the new continent. But who knows when that will be available. Maybe what we should do, all that are waiting, is to discontinue our premium membership and then just renew it when the homes become available again. Its unclear to me what I am paying for presently. 

You could be sittin on the dock of the day...watchin the tide roll away   (Kuga lighthouse good for that).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Cahtias said:

If you paid monthly (the most expensive of the choices) then that might be fine -- especially if you don't WANT a houseboat.  If you paid yearly, it is actually only costing you a bit over a dollar a month US -- so likely not a big deal.   

Note that the houseboat atoll at SSP appears to be finished and so the houseboats will likely be out next week after the current updates are over. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cahtias said:

lol  couldnt i do that for free though?

Well, you could. But I'm looking at it a different way. I actually have 2 Premium memberships and no home, but I participate in the community  by riding a bike, or sailing, or sitting on the dock of the bay..lol.

I see it as a contribution to the new project unfolding...like I am part of something bigger...something more than just my little house that I will eventually own. Really, paying yearly it's only a few cents a month for each alt.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Cahtias said:

lol  couldnt i do that for free though?

As it is.  To get a Linden Homestead (whether the newer ones or the older ones) you have to be a premium member.  Also their are other benefits to being premium (L$300/week. abilitity to go places non-premium can't, et.al.).  I have been a premium member for a couple years now (Making Quarterly renewals).  And I like it.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cahtias said:

If you do not realize any benefits, then you are not utilizing your premium membership to its advantage.  Your membership is more than just a house as it also includes:

• Weekly L$300 stipend*
  • L$1000 sign-up bonus** for first-time Premium Account subscribers
  • Priority entry when regions are full of avatars
  • Linden Home or 1024m² tier allotment for use towards a parcel on the Mainland (please note it does not say one of the new homes)
  • Expanded live-chat customer support
  • Premium virtual gifts
  • Exclusive access to Premium areas and experiences
  • Increased cap on missed IMs
  • Increased group membership limits
  • Voice Morphing

I may have missed a few perks. It's more than just a home.  Bellisseria has become the place where everyone wants to be.  LL is working hard to provide as many new accommodations for their premium members.  Many have been waiting since the release for these new homes.  You can choose to be either reactive or proactive.  I choose to be proactive and patiently wait until the next release.  In the meantime, I am refreshing the homes page like a mad woman and out in the community exploring this beautiful place.  For the first time in a very long time, I am excited to be part of a community.  Bellisseria is alive and vibrant.  Come be a part of it while waiting for your new home.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

45 minutes ago, Cahtias said:

Maybe what we should do, all that are waiting, is to discontinue our premium membership and then just renew it when the homes become available again. Its unclear to me what I am paying for presently.

There could be a small downside, depending on the membership period you have paid for.  When you "cancel" you are actually "down-grading to a basic account" and you will be in that pending "down-grading" state until the membership term you had paid for expires. 

During the pending down-grading phase all the premium benefits EXCEPT owning land or a Linden home are in effect.  If you change your mind about down-grading (like because new homes became available, for example) you can, but it's not a change you can automatically make in your account dashboard - you need to call Live Chat in order to have your premium status reinstated. 

* Live Chat is also one of the premium benefits

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cahtias said:

Mmmmmm, no. 😁 I pay yearly. And as Cougar pointed out, I'm not giving up my added group space, stipend, and priority in getting into full events. I use those features the most. Its nice to have a free home but I'll wait. I might ***** a little a bit, but hey thats just me. 😁 

• Like 7

On 5/14/2019 at 5:43 AM, Cahtias said:

ok,, i actually thought the premium membership was $20 a month,, not sure where i got that. 

Could be different if you aren't in the US. I'm not, and at my (Australian) conversion rate the monthly Premium payments are around $15 AUD a month. And yes, I pay monthly; I usually can't afford the lump sums of annual payments. Personally I prefer the weekly stipend, additional attachment points, and the prim allowance that being Premium grants. But yes, it comes at a cost, and one I am willing to pay even a little more for :)

• Like 3

On 5/13/2019 at 9:21 PM, Cahtias said:

I understand the concept of frustration (heck, I sometimes even think I invented it, LOL). However, withdrawing one's Premium membership feels a bit, I dunno, too punitative maybe? I rather encourage Linden to make shiny stuff, and even shinier things thereafter, by continuing to stay Premium. I live on a private island; so, granted, I can afford the luxury of not needing a new Premium home per se; but I chose to support this great virtual world I'm living in nonetheless, lest I wake up one day, and find there are no homes anymore, anywhere, ever.

• Like 6

On 5/13/2019 at 3:14 PM, moirakathleen said:

There could be a small downside, depending on the membership period you have paid for.  When you "cancel" you are actually "down-grading to a basic account" and you will be in that pending "down-grading" state until the membership term you had paid for expires. 

During the pending down-grading phase all the premium benefits EXCEPT owning land or a Linden home are in effect.  If you change your mind about down-grading (like because new homes became available, for example) you can, but it's not a change you can automatically make in your account dashboard - you need to call Live Chat in order to have your premium status reinstated. 

* Live Chat is also one of the premium benefits

If anybody actually followed the 'sage advice' offered in the OP, this (legitimately) sage advice explains how they screwed themselves out of grabbing a home today, because by the time they found out about the release and got in touch with live support to reinstate, it was too late. The rush was over.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Gryphon Ronas said:

If anybody actually followed the 'sage advice' offered in the OP, this (legitimately) sage advice explains how they screwed themselves out of grabbing a home today, because by the time they found out about the release and got in touch with live support to reinstate, it was too late. The rush was over.

Not really, because you cannot "cancel" your Premium membership, go ahead and try. All you can do is choose to not renew and that is done by downgrading your status to the free account. You will still remain a Premium member until the renewal date. So that could pose a problem (The OP's suggestion) - you downgrade your account (and you're on a monthly plan) - new LL Homes are released the day before renewal comes up and you forget, then 24 hours later you are ejected from your new home. LOL

• Like 1

Top three reasons I believe premium membership is better than basic: 1, the existing linden homes are free, private, and can be as beautiful as you want them to be in 160Li with room to rez a shopping bag or five; 2, 300L weekly stipend is better than zero weekly stipend; 3, Tahoe, a beauty.

Tahoe_001.png

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

Not really, because you cannot "cancel" your Premium membership, go ahead and try. All you can do is choose to not renew and that is done by downgrading your status to the free account. You will still remain a Premium member until the renewal date. So that could pose a problem (The OP's suggestion) - you downgrade your account (and you're on a monthly plan) - new LL Homes are released the day before renewal comes up and you forget, then 24 hours later you are ejected from your new home. LOL

You cannot downgrade if you own a Linden Home, mainland or have donated tier. Once you have downgraded you can no longer get a Linden Home, buy mainland or donate tier (even though the other benefits remain until the premium period has expired). 

Removing the downgrade status to return to full premium status can't be done yourself through the dashboard - it requires a call to Live Chat or submitting a support ticket. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

You cannot downgrade if you own a Linden Home, mainland or have donated tier. Once you have downgraded you can no longer get a Linden Home, buy mainland or donate tier (even though the other benefits remain until the premium period has expired). 

Removing the downgrade status to return to full premium status can't be done yourself through the dashboard - it requires a call to Live Chat or submitting a support ticket. 

LOL I didn't realize these. Means the OP would be shooting themselves in both feet simultaneously!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1806 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.