Jump to content

Can you please give us an estimated time frame of releasing the new Linden Homes?


Diane Soulstar
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, danel Kurosawa said:

Crazy!!

Sin título.jpg

This is what I saw a few minutes ago:

image.png.722538d76c2cd7850702c4ad6500755b.png

 

 

27 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Yay! My Alt got one!

At first I wasn't sure about the location. But actually it's fairly private, first row on the open waters, overlooking a nice sand bar, only one direct neighbor and a style of house I prefer.

 

If by 'style' you mean the houseboat model, you can pick from 4 styles via the life preserver on one side of the houseboat.  If you mean the square parcel vs long & skinny, yeah that is my preference also, which is why I used an alt to get a new one and have now just abandoned my previous houseboat.

 

 

 

26 minutes ago, Diane Soulstar said:

How to change the houseboat design? any idea?

Use the life preserver attached to one side of the houseboat.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[10:30] Patch Linden: Ok, we're technically out of homes again, but we're seeing the churn that comes after where they are abandoned and snapped back up.

[10:35] Patch Linden: This is that time when those that abandon have a real chance at losing their home sadly and someone else picking it up

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This is what I saw a few minutes ago:

image.png.722538d76c2cd7850702c4ad6500755b.png

 

 

If by 'style' you mean the houseboat model, you can pick from 4 styles via the life preserver on one side of the houseboat.  If you mean the square parcel vs long & skinny, yeah that is my preference also, which is why I used an alt to get a new one and have now just abandoned my previous houseboat.

 

 

 

Use the life preserver attached to one side of the houseboat.

Yes, style - model :)  I like the one already there so probably won't change it. And yes, long and skinny sticking into the water. I thought I'd prefer having a small beach near me but then realized that I already have an entire sim to myself with plenty of that already so having a houseboat surrounded by water really is preferable as a "get-away" kind of place. 

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, MirandaBowers said:

[10:30] Patch Linden: Ok, we're technically out of homes again, but we're seeing the churn that comes after where they are abandoned and snapped back up.

[10:35] Patch Linden: This is that time when those that abandon have a real chance at losing their home sadly and someone else picking it up

This is why I just kept the first houseboat I got.  I am surrounded on both sides, but the plot is 32x32 and I am just happy I got one.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, MarzipanJones said:

How soon before new houses are released?

New houses not till at least late June / early July.

 

This was part of Patch's comments when he announced the latest release a bit ago:

We know they will go very quickly, but as time goes on we will get more out, and hopefully faster.

Our next focus will be to bring more Traditional Homes plus more Houseboats in another smaller launch while working in parallel to a larger launch and an exciting new theme. 
As usual, stay tuned here for more updates!

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

I think some perspective is needed here.

There are about 700 new houseboats that will be up for grabs soon.

Someone said there are like 140 people hovering... so we'll assume all of them are trying for boats. There are about, what, 20 folks regularly posting here right now in anticipation of the release.

So that's 160 people. Just for fun, let's add another 200 people who aren't in either place but hitting the refresh button over and over. That still leaves 340 boats to grab.

I think everyone maybe needs to take a long, slow, deep breath... close your eyes for 10 seconds. Push back from your computer. Release the breath, slowly... inhale again... release... shake your shoulders to loosen the tension... stretch... breath...

It's all going to be okay. 

I take this back. HOLY CRAP, YOU GUYS! 

I hate that there are many who still didn't get homes, but wow... and YAY for all the new neighbors!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

This is why I just kept the first houseboat I got.  I am surrounded on both sides, but the plot is 32x32 and I am just happy I got one.

I tried to get a house a few times and it kept rejecting so tried a houseboat just to see if it would work, it did and i didnt want a houseboat so i abandoned it and luckily got house on my next try

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah!!!!! I finally got my Houseboat after couple weeks of constant refreshing. I want to thank "everyone" on this forum for posting all the informative information to clear all my confusion along the way to make it possible for me to get in on this new wave...all of you are wonderful

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got my houseboat and very happy with it. Thanks to the Moles and Lindens that made this newer release happen. 

I posted live updates on my blog and on my Twitter page on the day's happenings. It's been a busy day trying to keep everyone informed on whats going on. 

Third batch and new themes probably happening mid-late June. Most likely during Second Life 16th birthday celebrations which start from 20th June. 

  • First Batch released on 15th May - (sold out within 48 hours)
  • Second Batch released on 15th May - (709 sold out in 27 minutes)
  • Third Batch expected in the summer
Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is really ridiculous, I've been watching like crazy, yet I was in a RL work meeting and soon as I came out, an hr had passed since the release yet all gone....I'll never get a chance because I took my eyes off the screen for 1 hr.....upgraded tier and everything for nothing 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Daniel Voyager said:
  • First Batch released on 15th May - (sold out within 48 hours)
  • Second Batch released on 15th June - (709 sold out in 27 minutes)
  • Third Batch expected June/July 

i think you hav a different calendar  :)

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, WildCherry Camino said:

This is really ridiculous, I've been watching like crazy, yet I was in a RL work meeting and soon as I came out, an hr had passed since the release yet all gone....I'll never get a chance because I took my eyes off the screen for 1 hr.....upgraded tier and everything for nothing 

 

They went pretty darn fast.  I was actually shocked.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Daniel Voyager said:

I got my houseboat and very happy with it. Thanks to the Moles and Lindens that made this newer release happen. 

I posted live updates on my blog and on my Twitter page on the day's happenings. It's been a busy day trying to keep everyone informed on whats going on. 

Third batch and new themes probably happening mid-late June. Most likely during Second Life 16th birthday celebrations which start from 20th June. 

  • First Batch released on 15th May - (sold out within 48 hours)
  • Second Batch released on 15th June - (709 sold out in 27 minutes)
  • Third Batch expected June/July 

You have apparently been time traveling.  The rest of us experienced the following dates:

First batch -- APRIL 15

Second batch -- MAY 15

:P

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where are people getting the June/July for the 3rd batch, other than pure speculation? I thought Patch said in his post that the next batch would be houses, with some boats, and that hopefully it would be much quicker, or am I just dreaming that... which is entirely possible...lol?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Where are people getting the June/July for the 3rd batch, other than pure speculation? I thought Patch said in his post that the next batch would be houses, with some boats, and that hopefully it would be much quicker, or am I just dreaming that... which is entirely possible...lol?

Here is exactly what Patch said:

"We know they will go very quickly, but as time goes on we will get more out, and hopefully faster.
Our next focus will be to bring more Traditional Homes plus more Houseboats in another smaller launch while working in parallel to a larger launch and an exciting new theme. 
As usual, stay tuned here for more updates!"

 

Most of us are guessing late June / early July because we are assuming they will Preview the new theme at the SL 16 Bday celebration and that starts on June 20th.  We then expect a release of the new theme after that celebration.   Given that they took a month of unplanned work to build the latest houseboat area, the original planned dates may have gotten delayed - so not sure if they'll be ready to preview anything on June 20th.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Here is exactly what Patch said:

"We know they will go very quickly, but as time goes on we will get more out, and hopefully faster.
Our next focus will be to bring more Traditional Homes plus more Houseboats in another smaller launch while working in parallel to a larger launch and an exciting new theme. 
As usual, stay tuned here for more updates!"

 

Most of us are guessing late June / early July because we are assuming they will Preview the new theme at the SL 16 Bday celebration and that starts on June 20th.  We then expect a release of the new theme after that celebration.   Given that they took a month of unplanned work to build the latest houseboat area, the original planned dates may have gotten delayed - so not sure if they'll be ready to preview anything on June 20th.

Agreed. 

Note that the  "SL Birthday Bash" idea has never been confirmed (or even stated official at any time as far as I know -- if someone has a quote, please add it to the thread). I know where I first read that claim, but that post seems to have been edited (long ago when I was attempting to source) so will not point to that now.  

The question now that we have some official info again (woot) is whether our earlier assumptions about SL16B are still relevant. I am guessing that The Lab WANTS to have a preview of new themes at SL16B but all the effort to get those 709 houseboats out AS WELL AS newly dedicated time (see Patch's post of today) getting more Traditional and Houseboats out for those still waiting has hampered that goal too much. 

Only a month until we will know if not before. 

 

Edited by Chic Aeon
forgot to bold
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

Where are people getting the June/July for the 3rd batch, other than pure speculation? I thought Patch said in his post that the next batch would be houses, with some boats, and that hopefully it would be much quicker, or am I just dreaming that... which is entirely possible...lol?

Quicker could not only relate to timeline, but "could" be a number of plots ready within a certain time period -- as in a "we are getting faster but there is also more to do" theme.   And yes, as far as I know pure speculation possibly started by some "leaked" info. Not willing to say more.  

VERY happy to have someone point to an official comment suggesting the SL16 preview. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

VERY happy to have someone point to an official comment suggesting the SL16 preview. 

I'm pretty sure there hasn't been anything actually said - not sure anyone official has even hinted at it.  Some of us guessed that the birthday bash would be the next preview because we know they are working on other themes and the timing seemed logical - well, until they did that month of unplanned new houseboat activity.  Now, who knows what kind of wrench that threw into the schedule.

I'm still betting that they are going to push to try and have "something" for the bash, but I'm no longer very confident that there will be a huge new release right afterwards.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Agreed. 

Note that the  "SL Birthday Bash" idea has never been confirmed (or even stated official at any time as far as I know -- if someone has a quote, please add it to the thread). I know where I first read that claim, but that post seems to have been edited (long ago when I was attempting to source) so will not point to that now.  

The question now that we have some official info again (woot) is whether our earlier assumptions about SL16B are still relevant. I am guessing that The Lab WANTS to have a preview of new themes at SL16B but all the effort to get those 709 houseboats out AS WELL AS newly dedicated time (see Patch's post of today) getting more Traditional and Houseboats out for those still waiting has hampered that goal too much. 

Only a month until we will know if not before. 

 

The main focus now would be on the SLB regions and preparations for that. 

I think the moles need a holiday now after all the hard work during the past month. 

I think the lab need to open 900 Houseboats / Linden Homes to cope with the high demand later in the year. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...