Marketplace store items lost

Mike Dartmouth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm wondering if anyone has an answer as to what could have happened. I had a store of gacha resells up and running. today i logged in to add some new items. admittedly i don't check on it much. the marketplace listings tab gave me a pop up that a lot of things had been unlisted from being out of stock. but then i noticed it was 1000's of things missing. even things that had never been listed are now just vanished. i sent in a ticket to LL still waiting for them to get back to me. could it be a maintenance thing and the items could come back? I tried to clear my inventory cache. Didn't work. If I click on my actual store page many items still have a listing. But when you click on them it brings you back to the marketplace homepage. 

3 hours ago, Mike Dartmouth said:

I'm wondering if anyone has an answer as to what could have happened. I had a store of gacha resells up and running. today i logged in to add some new items. admittedly i don't check on it much. the marketplace listings tab gave me a pop up that a lot of things had been unlisted from being out of stock. but then i noticed it was 1000's of things missing. even things that had never been listed are now just vanished. i sent in a ticket to LL still waiting for them to get back to me. could it be a maintenance thing and the items could come back? I tried to clear my inventory cache. Didn't work. If I click on my actual store page many items still have a listing. But when you click on them it brings you back to the marketplace homepage. 

I just checked your store and everything seems to be working just fine

5 hours ago, Mike Dartmouth said:

If they are transfer permissions and they sell then they are "out of stock". Those are all the stuff you sold, they are unlisted when they sell.

• 1 month later...

Mike, exactly the same happened to mine about two weeks ago. I (had) over 70 pages of gacha items listed on MP and have used MP for several years ( funding inworld home and business without 'outside world' monies, only through gacha sales)

When I logged it, big 'pinging' sounds and ALL my MP inventory unlisted itself and said 'out of stock' - alarming but has happened before and is tedious but usually you can locate the gacha items and then just relist. Not so this time. They have completely vanished - so either have deleted themselves or someone has hacked it. Funnily enough coincided with more avatar presence on Facebook linked with SL and then the week after  my RL credit and ebay account were hacked through my yahoo email. Not sure if related or not but seems likely?

Likewise I had a few 'helpy' people telling me, if things sell then they are 'unlisted'- UHM yeah I already know that and that lol and if something is still loading whilst something else is updating then to will confuse system and list items as 'unlisted'. However, this does not answer the question of where in the heck have all the gacha items ( my SL livelihood) gone!

No one seems to have an answer and just gives more replies about the basics of how MP listing work lol

Similarly I have written out ticket for this which has been updated several times ( and then reopened by me because they did not actually solve the problem) and now it has been a week since I have heard anything from anyone. Still the lost gacha are lost.

Likewise, like the person above who said, " your store looks fine to me" this is exactly what Linden support helper said to me- mp store showing all listings BUT then weh nou click on them they are not there!

I have previously reported this bug, but everyone seems to blame it like it's something you've done as a merchant rather than an actual glitch in the system which is clearly is. 

Not to be glad that you're having issues with this too, but glad that maybe if a few more people have issues with this LL may actually start taking the bug seriously who knows?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.