Need help scripting follower ?

HaijiTakanowa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So i know how to make a follower script and getting it working but what I really want to do with the Follower script is to make a object follow a Person when its not being looked at, like if i have a mannequin you walk past it and as you move down the hall it follows you at a set distance so when you turn around its there but not right behind you. I'm not even sure if this is a potability in sl at the moment but i figured I'd ask

It's a possibility. I made something once that teleported you in front of or behind a person depending on which way they were looking. I did it using their rotation and my rotation and compared that if myRot.x and theirRot.x were within a certain range then they were looking at me, I at them, they had their back to me, my back to them etc etc.

i am writing this on my phone so I can't post any code examples and there was a little bit more to it than that but that should give you a good starting point.

You can also look at llMoveToTarget or llSetKeyframedMotion etc etc for the movement

i would write more but I hate writing out long messages on my phone 😂

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.