Linden home

Lynn Zelin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Unless you want to pay tier (and you have to declare that you are willing to add 1024 to your tier costs if that is needed BEFORE getting a new plot) you will need to abandon your house before trying for a houseboat.  {Only for mainland NOT if you already have a home. I knew that. Sorry.

If you are at the beginning of the houseboat claiming that should work. 

Personally, if you can afford it, I would make another avatar or use an existing alt and upgrade THAT avatar to premium so that "they" can look for a houseboat. Then you wouldn't lose your existing home.  It is all a matter of how much of a gambler you are, really. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Chic Aeon said:

Unless you want to pay tier (and you have to declare that you are willing to add 1024 to your tier costs if that is needed BEFORE getting a new plot) you will need to abandon your house before trying for a houseboat.  If you are at the beginning of the houseboat claiming that should work. 

Personally, if you can afford it, I would make another avatar or use an existing alt and upgrade THAT avatar to premium so that "they" can look for a houseboat. Then you wouldn't lose your existing home.  It is all a matter of how much of a gambler you are, really. 

I don't think any single Premium Account can have 2 of the Free Linden Homes even if they pay for the extra tier, can they?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Unless you want to pay tier (and you have to declare that you are willing to add 1024 to your tier costs if that is needed BEFORE getting a new plot) you will need to abandon your house before trying for a houseboat.  If you are at the beginning of the houseboat claiming that should work. 

The first part won't work because your home page won't show you any new Linden Homes if you already have one.  That 'increase tier' thing only works if you currently own Mainland, not a Linden Home.

The second part -- This is what I'm planning on doing.  Use alts so I don't lose anything unless & until I get a houseboat plot that I want to keep.  But then, I already have alts that I've paid for Premium on, so I'm not having to add that expense just to houseboat-hunt so to say.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The first part won't work because your home page won't show you any new Linden Homes if you already have one.  That 'increase tier' thing only works if you currently own Mainland, not a Linden Home.

ETA: Oops, just tested with an alt and what I typed was not quite right. I think I need to eat dinner before I try to talk about land allowances. Must be a blood sugar thing. lol

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BJoyful said:

I don't think any single Premium Account can have 2 of the Free Linden Homes even if they pay for the extra tier, can they?

True. That is why I said "make and alt". Sorry about the first part, that was incorrect as LittleMe noted. Will go back and X that out. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.