PierceMineHeart

Unable to view SL at fullscreen 1080p resolution on a 4k monitor.

Pretty straight-forward question. I have a 4k monitor and prefer playing Second Life on fullscreen at 1080p, but whenever I set it to fullscreen the resolution is automatically set to 4k. How do I counteract this?

With great difficulty.

Right now, your ONLY option is to open debug settings and poke renderresolutionDivisor .. it only allow integers, so .. setting it to 2 should do it.

UNLESS! You're using Catznip!

In which case you can poke the RenderResolutionMultiplier debug setting which allow fractional inputs. 0.5 will half it (same as 2 above), maybe you can get away with 0.8 or something. Do not go higher .. that will over render and sample down, the exact opposite of what you want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@PierceMineHeart Alternatively, you could temporarily (whilst playing) change the display resolution of the operating system to 1080p, then the viewer will start and use 1080p too.  I have used this myself on Linux and Windows and can vouch that you will even get better performance than using 4K natively.

• Like 2