Update would be nice

KittyKatt2565

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1806 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First time posting in here but I think an update would be nice. I see a lot of complaining and i think even just a "we understand everyone is excited but we are working hard on this" would be great unless I missed that post haha. I am excited to be able to get a new home eventually.

• Like 5

i think she meant an update on the update. Last that I heard was Patch saying in the Is Today the Day forum post (not the official update thread) that it would NOT be before the "weekend" (presumably that mean last weekend :D not this weekend or next weekend LOL)

EDIT:  You can watch the map of Bellisseria. Until you see the new boat atoll show up, there is no reason to get too excited.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

i think she meant an update on the update. Last that I heard was Patch saying in the Is Today the Day forum post (not the official update thread) that it would NOT be before the "weekend" (presumably that mean last weekend :D not this weekend or next weekend LOL)

EDIT:  You can watch the map of Bellisseria. Until you see the new boat atoll show up, there is no reason to get too excited.  

Pretty much what I meant. Just any kind of hey we are working on it would be nice since there has not been any official since 04/26

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I knew what she meant. But there are many threads about this already, and that one thread is always suggested as the one to follow.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Umm, because when there IS an update, it will be in that thread. 

I made a forum account to say you know what she means. Most of us want an update, an estimate if possible. It’s a week shy of a month since that post has been updated with any information. You don’t need to reply and be passive aggressive...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Umm, because when there IS an update, it will be in that thread. 

And we know that. But the problem is we have seen no update and everyone is anxious about it. There was really no reason for you to reply if you are so annoyed by everyone's posts asking for an update. I don't believe we are unreasonable for asking for an update

1 minute ago, KittyKatt2565 said:

And we know that. But the problem is we have seen no update and everyone is anxious about it. There was really no reason for you to reply if you are so annoyed by everyone's posts asking for an update. I don't believe we are unreasonable for asking for an update

You know, you could have used one of the existing threads like "How soon is soon?" if you felt the question needed to be asked again. *shrug*

At any rate, you said an update would be nice. I showed you the thread where Patch is posting updates. You're welcome. Do you think they are NOT working hard on it? If so, I invite you to search for posts from Abnor Mole. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

You know, you could have used one of the existing threads like "How soon is soon?" if you felt the question needed to be asked again. *shrug*

At any rate, you said an update would be nice. I showed you the thread where Patch is posting updates. You're welcome. Do you think they are NOT working hard on it? If so, I invite you to search for posts from Abnor Mole. 

You assume I have not been actively checking that post which I have. Being that there has been no update I wanted to put my own forum up. You are tired of seeing all the different ones put up then don't bother commenting. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

There’s such negative energy surrounding you. I don’t know if you think it makes you look “hard”, a “no nonsense kind of woman” or what. But it’s disgusting. And it’s the reason these forums have a bad reputation for not being welcoming.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I understand why people make new posts about the same topic. Because every single post I seen end up in people arguing back and forth if it is OK to ask about updates or not, and also people get atacket for whining just because they ask questions. Lot of negative stuff in these treads that is not nessesary.. Let people ask what ever they want to ask. And let them get real and good answers to what they ask. Why be so negavtive.. hug and make friends - And I been following patiently to get new updates, I do not complain and I play nice. And I to would love a update on really justa  hey we think of you guys we are working on it kinda.. look out for i dunno what day or week..just something ❤️

Edited by Quiet Mirabella
  • Like 11

Here is the problem with LL updating us on when the new homes will be out what if they come in here and say the new batch is almost ready and should be out next week then they run into a problem and can't get them out when they said. Now they have a bunch of people mad because they were expecting a new home and have to wait even longer, Things happen I'm sure even LL does not know exactly when they will be out. It may not look like it but it's a lot of work what they're doing we just have to be patient they will let us know when they are ready for us to make the mad dash and grab a new home I seriously doubt it will be next week myself just a guess but they have maintenance all next week and doubt they would release new homes while that maintenance is going on heck that maintenance may even be needed for the new homes.

• Like 8

For each individual person that does not normally post in the forums, when they ask "when" or for other updates, it seems perfectly legitimate - and for the most part it is. 

For those of us that read and converse in the forums throughout much of the day, and have been doing so for a long time, it kind of gets to feeling like the kids in the back seat constantly saying "Are we there yet?".

I don't, for the most part, get too testy with newer forum folks asking for updates about the next release.  The folks I get testy with are the ones coming in here assuming they know how it should be done and are totally sure that LL is just dragging their feet and intentionally not doing things as efficiently as they could; the ones that come here with their only agenda being to attack LL for the process before they even try to understand what LL is trying to accomplish and why it is taking so much time.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

It seems to me, that in general LL does not usually give a specific date that something will happen (except perhaps in the server updates where they post a day or so before with a link to the update notes).   

The reason I suggest people follow Patch's Update thread is so that when he does update it, they can receive notification of the update in their email rather than having to  check the forums all the time, if they're not a forum-type person.  I actually like that he only adds to the thread when there is something significant to announce. 

I agree it can be frustrating for those just hearing about the houses, those waiting to get a house, and those who participate in the forums all the time.   The best updates we have right now, I think, are the comments people post in the various threads in this section about what they are seeing on the SSP regions*  (numbers of green dots, etc., indicating work by the Moles or other LL staff) and - still to happen - when the new regions first appear on the map in their Bellisseria position.  When we finally see the new regions in place, I think it will be really, really close to release time.

* the SSP regions are the initial 'work area' for the regions for the new continent, and can be found on the map inworld by searching for SSP on the map  

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

For each individual person that does not normally post in the forums, when they ask "when" or for other updates, it seems perfectly legitimate - and for the most part it is. 

For those of us that read and converse in the forums throughout much of the day, and have been doing so for a long time, it kind of gets to feeling like the kids in the back seat constantly saying "Are we there yet?".

I don't, for the most part, get too testy with newer forum folks asking for updates about the next release.  The folks I get testy with are the ones coming in here assuming they know how it should be done and are totally sure that LL is just dragging their feet and intentionally not doing things as efficiently as they could; the ones that come here with their only agenda being to attack LL for the process before they even try to understand what LL is trying to accomplish and why it is taking so much time.

This ^^

Creating a continent or even a subcontinent takes time.  Even if they have all the parts lying around in a Mole Warehouse somewhere, they need to be assembled, straightened up, and tested three or four times before they can open the doors to let the customers in.  If they say "Soon!" to often, people stop believing.  If they don't say it often enough, people think they are hiding something or are ignoring them. And if they rush and open the doors before things are ready, there's hell to pay in customer complaints.  It's hard to win.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

Hello, after 12 years my first post ever here, just for one Question, and start it here, no need to open up a new thread:

I make the "F5-Thing" since two days now (sigh) and ask myself, if the new region will pop up immediatly at the "1. Select a Theme" Part or if I have to open up the pull down menu with the other Themes and choose it there. Its good to know, if I just have to make F5 or more after that ;D

Thats all so sorry KittyKat for using your Thread.

Best wishes to all ....

Unbenannt.PNG

Edited by Suspended Shepherd

25 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

This ^^

Creating a continent or even a subcontinent takes time.  Even if they have all the parts lying around in a Mole Warehouse somewhere, they need to be assembled, straightened up, and tested three or four times before they can open the doors to let the customers in.  If they say "Soon!" to often, people stop believing.  If they don't say it often enough, people think they are hiding something or are ignoring them. And if they rush and open the doors before things are ready, there's hell to pay in customer complaints.  It's hard to win.

But if they said 'in about a month or two' instead of 'soon' we could all relax.  'Soon' is entirely the wrong timeframe.

If it was me in charge I would issue one forecast a week.  It could just be 'it's taking longer than expected, so maybe in another 3 months' would be useful.  I am waiting for the post that says 'fingers on the refresh!'  but I know it will come while I'm away from the computer for a week on business. :(

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Suspended Shepherd said:

Hello, after 12 years my first post ever here, just for one Question, and start it here, no need to open up a new thread:

I make the "F5-Thing" since two days now (sigh) and ask myself, if the new region will pop up immediatly at the "1. Select a Theme" Part or if I have to open up the pull down menu with the other Themes and choose it there. Its good to know, if I just have to make F5 or more after that ;D

Best wishes to all ....

Unbenannt.PNG

If there is a new home or houseboat available, it will pop up first, so no need to click on the Select a Theme drop down. Just keep refreshing!  ;)

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn

6 minutes ago, Suspended Shepherd said:

Best wishes to all ....

Unbenannt.PNG

If a new house or houseboat becomes available from someone abandoning it, it will automatically show up in the theme box instead of Meadowbrook.  And, as surprising as it might seem, it does seem that at least once every day or so, someone posts that they got a place through refreshing. 

• Like 2

Just now, moirakathleen said:

If a new house or houseboat becomes available from someone abandoning it, it will automatically show up in the theme box instead of Meadowbrook.  And, as surprising as it might seem, it does seem that at least once every day or so, someone posts that they got a place through refreshing. 

Yep, I saw someone (don't want to name names in case she wants to announce it herself) say in group chat earlier today that she got a house today. It definitely pays to keep trying. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1806 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.