Matty Luminos

Bellisaria Covenant and commercial activity

Possibly the greatest entertainment district or the longest pub/bar in the SL world will be built there.

29 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Maybe it's apartments!   Or a homeless shelter for those waiting for new homes..lol.

Both good possibilities!

People did ask for urban areas and more open-floor plan type homes, so I would think that area might be homes like townhouses, row house or converted lofts with a more urban atmosphere.  

• Like 2

Well I hadn't noticed this before but the GREEN areas which I thought were just long rectangular prims seems to have shapes to some of them. So maybe this is just an alternative layout for something more "city" maybe with some long and skinny 1024s and not just all square.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Well I hadn't noticed this before but the GREEN areas which I thought were just long rectangular prims seems to have shapes to some of them. So maybe this is just an alternative layout for something more "city" maybe with some long and skinny 1024s and not just all square.  

Aren't some of the houseboat 1024's long and skinny?  Seems perfect to me for a row house. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

Maybe it's apartments!   Or a homeless shelter for those waiting for new homes..lol.

Actually it is a hard core prison for all the whining people 😉 to replace the corn field, so you all better be nice!

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

Actually it is a hard core prison for all the whining people 😉 to replace the corn field, so you all better be nice!

You know some like prison roleplay? 😈

• Haha 5

I think (and hope tbh) that it'll be urban themed. There seem to be alleyways in between the lots, and that double road could be a sort of main street. 

On 5/12/2019 at 4:16 PM, Walpurgisnacht said:

I know a couple of homes that have been made into cafes, and very nice they are too! My personal favourite has to be the Pub though.

Aww thank you, I'm glad you like it.

On 5/12/2019 at 5:14 PM, AngieRath said:

Well, it's a home region!

Walpurgisnacht sounds german. Can you also burn witches in a (english?) pub? If not, a pub would also be ok. 

Hey now, no burning of witches in my pub. It makes a dreadful mess. Come to think of it though, I might follow the time-honoured English pub tradition of a Guy Fawkes bonfire on November 5th.

On another note, maybe I should put a disclaimer in the land profile to state that the pub is completely non-commercial, no money changes hands and there are no actual events.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

Hey now, no burning of witches in my pub. It makes a dreadful mess. Come to think of it though, I might follow the time-honoured English pub tradition of a Guy Fawkes bonfire on November 5th.

2c53cb0c54d7ba164607113e3671f391.jpg.0b2dacbf25291450c04ce724abf0af2b.jpg

• Haha 4

On 5/11/2019 at 9:16 PM, Chic Aeon said:

image.png.8dccaf7503c6fc9df3131fdd1eb9eaa7.png

While it would be cool to have commercial areas.. This looks like the first stage of building Traditional Homes but in various parcel shapes like the houseboats - 64x16m & 32x32m.

The colored spaces are temporarily placed for measuring and zoning.

What makes it DIFFERENT?!

Edited by Frodo Feila
size correcting: 64x16m & 32x32m.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Frodo Feila said:

While it would be cool to have commercial areas.. This looks like the first stage of building Traditional Homes but in various parcel shapes like the houseboats - 64x32m & 32x32m.

The colored spaces are temporarily placed for measuring and zoning.

What makes it DIFFERENT?!

The CURRENT new homes have bigger buffer areas around the parcels. My place (I measured) has a VISUAL plot of larger than a 2048 lot because there are wide buffers on both sides as well as front and back. 

Sorry, I looked again and there are the same buffers except on the long skinny "rowhouse" looking plots and a few of the 1024s. The extra wide streets DO make it look more commercial - urban though. 

These plots -- whether commercial or simply "urban" are much closer together and with less buffer zones. There is also the double wide streets with a (possibly) grassy median between and we don't have those in the already filled regions.  

The commercial idea came from the comment that the wiki (now) states something about "in non-commercial areas" or such leading us to believe that eventually there may BE commercial areas also. This may be a long way down the road however. Scroll back to find that quote from the Linden Home wiki (or maybe knowledge base - I forget).  I think it was Rolig that quoted it and hopefully on THIS thread :D.

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info

9 minutes ago, Frodo Feila said:

various parcel shapes like the houseboats - 64x32m & 32x32m

Unless there are other parcels I haven't seen, the houseboat areas are 64x16.  I was measuring one when a woman ejected me..lol.

* Someone did mention there were 32x32 houseboat areas, but I've yet to see them.

Edited by Luna Bliss

8 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Unless there are other parcels I haven't seen, the houseboat areas are 64x16.  I was measuring one when a woman ejected me..lol.

* Someone did mention there were 32x32 houseboat areas, but I've yet to see them.

Sorry, I got confused and missed the post the above was in reply to :D.

Most are long skinny 16 x 64 "lots" but since over half is water and they have docks on both sides they don't look that skinny except on the map. There ARE 32 x 32 lots for boats but not many. Easy to see on the map.  So look at the map and then TP there to see in RL. 

For example the ones here with red Xs are 32 x 32 plots and all the others to the side are the 16 x 64. Note that the docks don't span the whole length of the plots on both sides. Some of the plot is just empty water but still there :D

image.png.8d059c5b0cc4b27cfb2a268d45801411.png

Edited by Chic Aeon

11 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

the houseboat areas are 64x16.

Yep, I meant 64x16. It was a typo. 😀

Sorry if that caused you trouble, LOL

And yes there are also 32x32m Houseboats.

Edited by Frodo Feila
  • Like 1

I have one... you can visit mine. It's open and on the Fourze region right next to the Lighthouse and the boat says "Boaty McBoatface" on the side.

• Like 2

I've seen some that are 32 x 32. The boats are moored parallel with the shore rather than perpendicular to it, which means that your nice big window at the front of the boat looks right into the back of your neighbour's boat instead of at the open water. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

I've seen some that are 32 x 32. The boats are moored parallel with the shore rather than perpendicular to it, which means that your nice big window at the front of the boat looks right into the back of your neighbour's boat instead of at the open water. 

View from the front of my  32 x 32 boat parcel... 439774113_ViewSmall.thumb.png.e63dae9b7eb51a49ac34d4d15c3e5c22.png

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Frodo Feila said:

I like the view ;)

Thanks... it's even better from the other side. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Thanks... it's even better from the other side. 😁

I would love a panoramic view of that extra beauty.

;);)

Edited by Frodo Feila
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

View from the front of my  32 x 32 boat parcel... 439774113_ViewSmall.thumb.png.e63dae9b7eb51a49ac34d4d15c3e5c22.png

/me waves from the distance of 665 meters.
Hello neighbor, I can see your place from my place. The lighthouse and your houseboat beside it. 😃
You sure have the perfect location there. Really most excellent. Congrats!

2019-05-13_lighthouse.thumb.jpg.d098650a919119d9376ea375504e530d.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

/me waves from the distance of 665 meters.
Hello neighbor, I can see your place from my place. The lighthouse and your houseboat beside it. 😃
You sure have the perfect location there. Really most excellent. Congrats!

2019-05-13_lighthouse.thumb.jpg.d098650a919119d9376ea375504e530d.jpg

I love it! Hello, neighbor!