Best way to arrange clothes outfits in sl

Symth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok folks,

I have a classic avatar and wear some mesh shorts with an alpha layer, that came with them.

I notice that if I take off the shorts without taking off the alpha layer first then that part of my avatars is transparent, so I have to remove the alpha layer first.

Just wondering when getting involved in intimate situations in SL does it make things a lot easier just to create a separate outfit for each stage of undress, rather than go through the lengthy process of removing alpha layers and then clothing etc.

Thanks for any help 

Sara

1 hour ago, Symth said:

Ok folks,

I have a classic avatar and wear some mesh shorts with an alpha layer, that came with them.

I notice that if I take off the shorts without taking off the alpha layer first then that part of my avatars is transparent, so I have to remove the alpha layer first.

Just wondering when getting involved in intimate situations in SL does it make things a lot easier just to create a separate outfit for each stage of undress, rather than go through the lengthy process of removing alpha layers and then clothing etc.

Thanks for any help 

Sara

My suggestion for a classic, non-mesh avatar would be to wear clothing layer underwear first of all. Any mesh items on top of that should contain both the mesh item and the alpha layer in the same folder. As a basic example: a skirt and its alpha layer in a folder named 'skirt', and a blouse and its alpha layer in a folder named 'blouse'. That way you can simply right-click on each folder name and 'remove from outfit', which means both mesh clothing and alpha will come off at the same time. Finally, just remove the underwear layers.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.