Amorenna

Firestorm Does Not Save Settings

Question

Hello all. I've noticed an issue where my viewer does not save my settings. For example: In Firestorm > Avatar, I have to always check to disable random eye movements each time I sign in. I have to rearrange my windows each time I sign in. I have to set it in Firestorm > Windlight to automatically change environment to use region/parcel settings. I've tried backing up my settings after I've done these things, but upon logging in later, they revert. 

Any thoughts, ideas or fixes? 

Thank you.

5 answers to this question

In the mean time... while they fix it... After you log in and change the settings... log out. FS almost never crashes after 5 or 10 minutes of  use. It should save your settings. 

On the next log in you settings should still be as you previously set them. Now make a backup of the settings. Preferences->Backup...

On 5/15/2019 at 3:39 PM, Amorenna said:

I meant to follow up with this. My saved settings were somehow corrupted. I had to delete / start fresh settings and then save them. /cry

Yeah that is how I learned the importance of backups... So, I have multiple backups of the important stuff. OneDrive, Google Drive, and other cloud storage are good places to keep a copy of a backup.