A suggestion group

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Could we not have  "suggestion Group " title  As I would think many would have some great ideas for SL

that we all could share and debate, and maybe LL staff take on board and implement,

What better way to make SL better than ask the people who use it

Edited by greek Wingtips
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, greek Wingtips said:

Could we not have  "suggestion Group " title  As I would think many would have some great ideas for SL

that we all could share and debate, and maybe LL staff take on board and implement,

What better way to make SL better than ask the people who use it

I don't think we need a special "suggestion group" title, if you're referring to forum headings.  People make suggestions all the time in various threads here already. 

You can't have a discussion if no one responds. 

I read, or at least skim, through most posts under topics that interest me.    One could, however, start a suggestion thread under the topic that their suggestion fits under.  Then people that are interested in the topic would be likely to see and discuss it. 

At some point, if it looks like there are suggestions that many are in favor of, someone would still need to add it them to the JIRA as feature requests, so that they would be noticed and reviewed by the appropriate LL staff.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Solar Legion said:

"Everyone" can see and use the JIRA. Until they make an arse of themselves anyway. 

They can also use the forum search function. 

It's that simple. 

Not always. For the longest time I couldn't even log in to the Jira. I just checked and for the first time in about 6 years, I could actually log in. It wasn't until M (I think it was) shut down resident access that I had any problems. The really stupid thing about that was I was still on the FS support team and we needed access to the SL Jira. I think I was the last one to get access back but it was long after I had left SL for 4 years.

In general though, I think at this point in time most are able to create and view JIRA's that are in a public state, based on myself being able to click on JIRA links that get posted in the forums, sign in, and see the JIRA.  

As far as suggestions about new features, we have been told that a feature request JIRA is the method for ensuring that it gets seen by LL. 

1 hour ago, moirakathleen said:

In general though, I think at this point in time most are able to create and view JIRA's that are in a public state, based on myself being able to click on JIRA links that get posted in the forums, sign in, and see the JIRA.  

As far as suggestions about new features, we have been told that a feature request JIRA is the method for ensuring that it gets seen by LL. 

Every time I click on one of those links, I am denied access. "You do not have permission to view" or something to that effect. I wonder, since I was able to log in to the Jira just a few minutes ago, if those links will work for me now.

Like I said its a suggestion, and I personally think its a good Idea, no one has come with a good enough reason not have it  here or even not have one,  everyone, knows and comes to the SL forums, as this is the place of topics and debates and " ideas"happen not on Jira

Edited by greek Wingtips
  • Haha 1

Just now, greek Wingtips said:

Like I said its a suggestion, and I personally think its a good Idea, no one has come with a good enough reason not have one here,  everyone knows and comes to the SL forums, as this is 

the place of topics and debates and " ideas"

Perhaps it's just not a topic that those who read the General Discussions area want to discuss.  Perhaps you should put a suggestion about creating it in the Forums Feedback area?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, greek Wingtips said:

Like I said its a suggestion, and I personally think its a good Idea, no one has come with a good enough reason not have it  here or even not have one,  everyone, knows and comes to the SL forums, as this is the place of topics and debates and " ideas"

The good reason not to have one is it would get less of an audience than general discussion and therefore the ideas there would get less scrutiny

1 hour ago, greek Wingtips said:

Like I said its a suggestion, and I personally think its a good Idea, no one has come with a good enough reason not have it  here or even not have one,  everyone, knows and comes to the SL forums, as this is the place of topics and debates and " ideas"happen not on Jira

No, not everyone comes to the forum. Many don't even know it exists. There is no need for a suggestion "box" since LL already uses the Jira for that purpose as well as reporting bugs. Besides, a suggestion box is just another File 13.

What is a File 13? The trash can.

• Like 1

It has nothing to do with complaining, moaning, negativity or any other thing you've used as a descriptor. 

There's this thing called "reality" in play. 

As noted above, the reality is that not everyone knows about or uses the forum. 

Nor should they. 

You've had the existing options explained. As usual, that's not enough and those countering your idea are "just being negative" ...

Typical. 

4 hours ago, greek Wingtips said:

Because I"m talking about a area that everyone can see posts of  suggestions and can add or just read, but if suggestions are scattered all over the place how can we all see them?

first of all we are not Linden employees.  LL has a process already in place for their customers(us) to make suggestions, this is the JIRA. Second, Why would you need to see everyone else's suggestions? You can't do anything about them.  They may or may not be of interest to the general SL population that reads the general forums.  Suggestions are just fine but there is no need to try make the general forum be something it's not. And the forums are not the place where LL looks for suggestions, so having a "suggestion post" would be kind of silly since the right people would not see it.

• Like 1

Some of you posters and you know who are  must think you own this forum and discount what anyone says if it does not fit your agenda like I said its suggestion, and I really don't give a rats behind what your anti feelings are about my suggestion  all I know is this and that's SL is losing members and many I speak to feel  SL is becoming stale, hence the suggestions title.

A suggestion box that's easy to find and post here is a good idea and the reason I mention it is that SL needs new life and members are the best thing to gauge what might be needed to bring fresh input to SL

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, greek Wingtips said:

Some of you posters and you know who are  must think you own this forum and discount what anyone says if it does not fit your agenda like I said its suggestion, and I really don't give a rats behind what your anti feelings are about my suggestion  all I know is this and that's SL is losing members and many I speak to feel  SL is becoming stale, hence the suggestions title.

A suggestion box that's easy to find and post here is a good idea and the reason I mention it is that SL needs new life and members are the best thing to gauge what might be needed to bring fresh input to SL

If you don't like people responding to your suggestions don't post them. Its a fairly simple premise. People are negative when they think your suggestions aren't good ones. I am happy to support a good suggestion from what I remember of yours they amounted to "waaaah make land cheaper so I can afford the amount I want"

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.