Storing credit card info now mandatory?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just noticed that storage of credit card info and agreeing to terms and conditions  are now bundled together into the one check box on the LindeX purchase confirmation screen. That effectively means I can't make a purchase unless I authorise them to store my credit card details on file. I am not happy about this. I want to use my info on a purchase-by-purchase basis as I always have so as to avoid a Playstation Network style security breach. Now every time I make a purchase that way, I'm going to my billing details and deleting said info. I'm ASSUMING that when I delete it, the info is actually deleted.

Well, given that a few years ago, LL suffered a similar breach, I can't say I blame you.  Fortunately, LL was a bit more active in getting the info out to residents than Sony was and required password change, as well as encouraging those affected (it did take a bit longer for LL to find out who was affected by the hacking) to notify their CC companies.

Oddly enough, I always thought they stored the information, otherwise, I'd have to input it every month...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.