Blocking

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1806 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I blocked two people who were acting particularly unpleasant. But I could still see what they were saying in world chat. It was greyed rather than the usual bright white test but still easy to read.

It is possible to block someone and not see what they are seeing in world chat as well as blocking their IM's?

You should probably file a support ticket as you are not supposed to be able to see their text.

Block Resident by name opens CHOOSE RESIDENT, which allows you to specify a person to block. This is useful for muting troublemakers who you find unpleasant, and can be used in addition to filing an abuse report. Among other interactions, a blocked Resident can't:
  • Communicate with you via text and voice chat.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Viewerhelp:People_-_Blocked

28 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

You should probably file a support ticket as you are not supposed to be able to see their text.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Viewerhelp:People_-_Blocked

Pretty sure there is a setting in firestorm  (don't ask me where right now)  where you can choose to see or not to see the chat of blocked people

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Pretty sure there is a setting in firestorm  (don't ask me where right now)  where you can choose to see or not to see the chat of blocked people

Yeah, it's at the top of the chat window, farthest to the right.  I think.  At any rate it's one of the four buttony things up there.  Play with it. ☺

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aebleskiver Thibedeau said:

Yeah, it's at the top of the chat window, farthest to the right.  I think.  At any rate it's one of the four buttony things up there.  Play with it. ☺

It's the icon that looks like a speech bubble with a line through it.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1806 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.