Parcel script memory

Opal Gustafson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wonder if i have to much scripts on my land. Memory used 9588 kb. Was thinking if it cause lag for some people. I can see there is scripts in some items i have out, but when check i can not see that in content-tab. Do i need to unlink and remove scripts there to reduce lag? Or can i just turn off somehow? Not so familiar with scripting and such things. I want the best for my neighbours only 🙂

3 hours ago, Opal Gustafson said:

I wonder if i have to much scripts on my land. Memory used 9588 kb. Was thinking if it cause lag for some people. I can see there is scripts in some items i have out, but when check i can not see that in content-tab. Do i need to unlink and remove scripts there to reduce lag? Or can i just turn off somehow? Not so familiar with scripting and such things. I want the best for my neighbours only 🙂

If you are not experiencing any lag potentially caused by the scripts being in the items then nobody else will either as scripts are run server side not client side (everyone on the sim would be lagging).

However, as other have stated it is a rule of thumb to always remove all unnecessary scripts from items (once ensuring you have a backup of course). Now if only all designer who use texture huds on no modify items would also include a feature to remove the texture script once we have set it.

• Like 3

I did remove most scripts from my household goods (didn't have many mostly texture change from other creators) I have some no copy items that I can't really take the scripts out of. That being said, I couldn't see any difference in my FPS which has dropped significantly since neighbors decorated :D.  Patch also mentioned during the Home Expo exhibit that the regions BORDERING affect FPS as well as the folks in your region.  

I know there are a few folks on here that know a ton about scripts and effects on viewer and such so hopefully they cam put in some helpful info.  I have been visiting every region in Bellisseria lately (a project) and the FPS are all over the map. The EMPTY sims run fantastically, so it is the STUFF for sure. How much of that is scripting I don't know. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Opal Gustafson said:

If only more ppl were as considerate as you! 🤗

In all honesty, though, I would just keep your furniture scripts, and not worry about it: they are rarely, if ever, an issue (as furniture scripts typically don't operate on a '100% of the time active' basis). Script lag is notoriously -- and predominantly -- caused by avi's (hair, shoes, etc). That is why Homesteads, for instance, don't have a script limit, but a 20-avi's-only max.

Barring some misbehaving objects that really can cause lag (ill-sctripted carousels, things with too much physics, etc), I say you're really good with your shiny furniture. Full Regions (like on mainland) are simply almost always laggy.

• Like 2

Thanks for answers. I do my best to not have angry people after me 😅 Have a kitchen, but i like the animations and all things i can do there. Do i need to sit on toilet in sl. No, but it is a fun to have things that works, instead of just decorations. Always have green dots on lag meter at the sim with high settings so for me its all good.  I need to check that "much physics"-thing. Been in sl for many years but never thought about that 🙄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Opal Gustafson said:

Thanks for answers. I do my best to not have angry people after me 😅 Have a kitchen, but i like the animations and all things i can do there. Do i need to sit on toilet in sl. No, but it is a fun to have things that works, instead of just decorations. Always have green dots on lag meter at the sim with high settings so for me its all good.  I need to check that "much physics"-thing. Been in sl for many years but never thought about that 🙄

Where I'm coming from with this, is that I simply don't want to see you self-limit your joyful Bellisseria experience (even when out of the goodness of your own heart); especially not when there's no real need for doing so, really. Akin to why it rubs me the wrong way when ppl are given the dirty eye for claiming a Premium home for their alts (that they paid for). Just be happy on your parcel: you're not doing anything wrong (even if you were sitting on your toilet the entire day, LOL: the effect of which would be absolutely negligible).

If ever the need arises for more hardware to keep a sim running, then LL should provide -- not you.

As for 'too much physics', don't worry about that either: chances of you owning/using objects like that are slim. Those are the kind that come with Gravity and such, and object-collision (not the same as avatar collision, btw).

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.