Is the main grid down?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

"Investigating - Second Life is currently undergoing unscheduled maintenance. This may result in troubles logging on or using inworld services. Please watch this blog for further information.

May 8, 12:43 PDT"

Can't log into Second Life on the main grid. Long, delay, then "Despite our best efforts, login failed." Tried two different regions and both Linux and Windows computers, and both Linden and Firestorm viewers. Beta grid login OK.
  • Like 2

'S looking pretty major.  I can't ping the Tucson server that connects to SL so it may not be SL itself but their network of ISPs.  I looked at online numbers just now and it is falling slowly so whatever it is is taking a while to fix.  Looks like time t read a book or watch one of the crud DVDs I got recently!

3 minutes ago, purrrkitten said:

I logged out cause I was having trouble detaching something, and haven't been able to log back in for over an hour. 

Just one of those "unscheduled maintenance" sessions that happen ("Sumthin' broke but we're working on it").

Reminds me of the other evening when Ublock was taken down for some reason by Firefox. People thought the darn sky was falling. It was back up and running the next day.

Just make a sammich and see what's on Netflix for now.

Edited by Jerilynn Lemon

Just a warning for those who are logged in, be careful editing. I was saving a script back and got the "script missing from the database" error after the fifth or sixth iteration. Luckily I have a version in my inventory to recover from this but I'm not touching anything until it's cleared up.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.