Landscape Photographs!

40 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I love the contrasts, and the eerie shapes!

How did you get that moon????

It is the moon from the viewer (Firestorm so not EEP). Move the sliders around for time of day (in this case night) and the moon appears. Move the sliders -- time of day and East and West -- to place the moon where you want it to be.

image.png.94f2843aecd5d65a57bb6fb6ea3dcf3d.png

EDIT: This ISN'T THE SETTING -- that is long gone. It is just pointing out the sliders that make the moon (or sun) move.

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chic Aeon said:

It is the moon from the viewer (Firestorm so not EEP). Move the sliders around for time of day (in this case night) and the moon appears. Move the sliders -- time of day and East and West -- to place the moon where you want it to be.

Thanks! I assumed that this was EEP.

I use the Est Ang slider a fair amount, but I'll have to admit that I've never actually looked up into the sky to see what it does to the moon (or the sun). Now I will!

On 5/29/2019 at 10:47 AM, Chic Aeon said:

EDIT: This ISN'T THE SETTING -- that is long gone. It is just pointing out the sliders that make the moon (or sun) move.

I've been having a huge problem with the moon showing up for a long time. Has it been fixed now? I know it was a bug of some sort the past few months.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This was originally a challenge I got given on Flickr to take a shot in mouselock, it was considered a fail because I didn't feature my pixels however personally feel looks better without my pixels in it and don't consider this a fail at all!

mouelock_001.png

• Like 7

3 hours ago, MrsSeren said:

This was originally a challenge I got given on Flickr to take a shot in mouselock, it was considered a fail because I didn't feature my pixels however personally feel looks better without my pixels in it and don't consider this a fail at all!

mouelock_001.png

This is à lovely shot!

But . . . how do you get your avi into a mouseview shot? You mean like arms or legs or hands?

18 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is à lovely shot!

But . . . how do you get your avi into a mouseview shot? You mean like arms or legs or hands?

It's under move & view; mouselock in preferences and yes; I do but I show you one with my foot in and personally think and feel original shot is better!

mouelock 3_001.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Scylla Rhiadra Thank you!

So, I'm toying with something I might do but, it might just be a personal folly.

Ghosty and I were in Sanibel, Florida on vacation the past couple of weeks. I've been there before, him not. The beach is SO lovely there, clean, shell ridden, calm ocean, quiet. It's an unraked beach - untouched. Gorgeous sunrises and sunsets. Very large too. I'm sure you saw the photos on Flickr.

I'm contemplating creating a rendition of it on my land. I rent a very large island (5200 prims) and it's always been a work in progress but being in Sanibel gave me the idea that recreating it would be a fantastic idea. Nobody has done it yet, I've searched and I find a lot of other coastal lands in the US, but not this one. Only problem, is the guy I pay the land fee to has it as part of his group of island and, isn't overly keen on me opening it up to the public. I think he fears that would mean the rest of the islands might be overrun with people poking in where they shouldn't be  - he and the rest of the tenants all value their privacy quite a bit (same here) hence why they are living there. 

On the other hand, there's also a pubic music venue located on one of the island, so I really do not see what the difference is.  I think I'll broach this with him and feel him out. I figure I can always put a skybox in for my own personal use, and I enjoy landscaping probably more than anything else in SL these days. I sure have enough inventory already to create it, that's for sure! 

We'll see what happens...

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

@Scylla Rhiadra Thank you!

So, I'm toying with something I might do but, it might just be a personal folly.

Ghosty and I were in Sanibel, Florida on vacation the past couple of weeks. I've been there before, him not. The beach is SO lovely there, clean, shell ridden, calm ocean, quiet. It's an unraked beach - untouched. Gorgeous sunrises and sunsets. Very large too. I'm sure you saw the photos on Flickr.

I'm contemplating creating a rendition of it on my land. I rent a very large island (5200 prims) and it's always been a work in progress but being in Sanibel gave me the idea that recreating it would be a fantastic idea. Nobody has done it yet, I've searched and I find a lot of other coastal lands in the US, but not this one. Only problem, is the guy I pay the land fee to has it as part of his group of island and, isn't overly keen on me opening it up to the public. I think he fears that would mean the rest of the islands might be overrun with people poking in where they shouldn't be  - he and the rest of the tenants all value their privacy quite a bit (same here) hence why they are living there. 

On the other hand, there's also a pubic music venue located on one of the island, so I really do not see what the difference is.  I think I'll broach this with him and feel him out. I figure I can always put a skybox in for my own personal use, and I enjoy landscaping probably more than anything else in SL these days. I sure have enough inventory already to create it, that's for sure! 

We'll see what happens...

What a really great idea!! That sounds like fun to do (although a lot of work I'm sure), but it would also be a very cool place to visit and maybe even (gasp!) take pictures!

Keep us up to date on if and when, please!

• Like 1

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

What a really great idea!! That sounds like fun to do (although a lot of work I'm sure), but it would also be a very cool place to visit and maybe even (gasp!) take pictures!

Keep us up to date on if and when, please!

Perhaps, if I make it a group, he won't be as inclined to worry about it. I'll probably contact him in the next few days about it. Will let you know how it goes!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Bellisseria SSP219

One of the lovely streets of Bellisseria, the new Linden Labs premium home continent. I'd urge people to explore. There's a lot of beauty there and it's very "walkable"

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPE219/62/169/37

Beautiful shot, Elora!

I've been exploring Bellisseria on foot, scooter, and (more recently, and not entirely successfully) motorboat. Although there are parts where I find that the regimented suburban dwellings get a tad monotonous, I've also discovered that there are lots of hidden surprises: stone bridges, for instance, and your lighthouse (which I haven't run into yet).

It IS a really nice place to take photos!

• Like 1