You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi I ran into a problem after trying to import my own creation into second life. While I am not new to 3D modelling with Blender and other programs, I have always only created things for fun. Now I have decided to import  few of those creations into Second Life but the materials I have used do not display in the preview at all. I have used the Cycles Render and I would like to get some help from you people that have done it before. How do I solve my issue with Materials not displaying in Second Life after Exporting a Collada file from Blender Rendered in Cycles? Any help would be really appreciated and Thanks in Advance :)

Edited by Kirit0h

2 hours ago, Kirit0h said:

Hi I ran into a problem after trying to import my own creation into second life. While I am not new to 3D modelling with Blender and other programs, I have always only created things for fun. Now I have decided to import  few of those creations into Second Life but the materials I have used do not display in the preview at all. I have used the Cycles Render and I would like to get some help from you people that have done it before. How do I solve my issue with Materials not displaying in Second Life after Exporting a Collada file from Blender Rendered in Cycles? Any help would be really appreciated and Thanks in Advance :)

Materials don't display in the SL uploader. And you need to upload both the model and the textures and apply the textures onto the model inworld.  There are some other possible problems that can arise of course -- one being using too many materials (you can have 8).  

Lots of info for Blender 2.78 and 2.79  in my tutorials. https://www.slartist.com/browse-the-tutorial-chic-videos-1-date.html  Also in playlist form on Youtube.

Good luck. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.