I just want nice friends :(

EmbalmerWitch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I’m new, don’t know what the hell I'm doing but I know I’m already addicted. I’m shy IRL, but I’m hoping to branch out and make friends on SL. Despite my online gothic appearance, I’m actually quite the hippie at heart. I guess you could say my online avatar reflects the other side of my fashion choice. 

Im a mortician, and I can talk about it all day as most people have an abundance of questions. 😛 

I’m not sure what I like doing on here, not sure what certain terms mean and I need some friends to help guide me. I do love shopping on here A LOT. And I like taking photos. I’m an old soul who likes classic rock, blues you name it. Please reach out to me if you are interested in hanging out! I’ve been wandering aimlessly 😬😬

D7B603B9-FA0F-42AB-AA0B-D42026088826.jpeg

• Like 6

Hi there, it sounds like we share some interests (I'm a pagan too) and taste in music, if you don't mind hanging out with a veteran gay guy (it's near-impossible to find rock music in gay clubs). I'm in the UK and usually online around the 1pm to 4pm slot so if that suits you, send me an IM inworld.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2019 at 9:21 PM, Matty Luminos said:

Hi there, it sounds like we share some interests (I'm a pagan too)

Whoa. This was brave. Last time I dared speak to anybody of my belief system I ended up believing there's no hope for it in SL. lol

I'm Asatru with a pinch of Duat and a lot of everything in between.

If something is ancient - I'll take it. What resonates with us in this shell has more or less something to do with shells we've shed before.

My music is weird. I'd say metal but I find myself hooked on Massive Attack and placebo these days. Too bad there's no clubs, that I know of, with my kind of music.

*shurgs*

Edited by ErukaVonD

3 hours ago, ErukaVonD said:

Whoa. This was brave. Last time I dared speak to anybody of my belief system I ended up believing there's no hope for it in SL. lol

I haven't encountered very much of paganism at all in SL, though there are a few of us at Chiaroscuro. My background is Wiccan, though these days I'm solo and more eclectic.

• Thanks 1

Welcome to SL. Pagans have been here for years. I second the Broom & Brew as a friendly group to join. Also check out Artemis Tavern, the biggest pagan group in SL.

In general, try in-world Search to groups and places that might interest you. For instance, search on "pagan", then join the groups that sound interesting and have the most people in them. You can always drop groups later if you don't like them. All the good pagan groups I know of are free to join.

If you like gothic & hippie clothing, I also suggest joining Petite Mort & Oubliette ( 2 stores sharing one group) for nice group gifts.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
Edit to add
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2019 at 10:20 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

Welcome to SL. Pagans have been here for years. I second the Broom & Brew as a friendly group to join. Also check out Artemis Tavern, the biggest pagan group in SL.

In general, try in-world Search to groups and places that might interest you. For instance, search on "pagan", then join the groups that sound interesting and have the most people in them. You can always drop groups later if you don't like them. All the good pagan groups I know of are free to join.

If you like gothic & hippie clothing, I also suggest joining Petite Mort & Oubliette ( 2 stores sharing one group) for nice group gifts.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm always looking for like minded people :)

Plenty of pagans in SL.  Y'all are all right in my book -- I sincerely doubt a pagan will ever burn an ankh on my lawn.

Glad you are wandering aimlessly.  It's a great way to explore when you are new.  Heck, 13 years later, I STILL do it, hee hee!  You never know what you'll find.

Let me know in game if you need any help.  My only condition is that, when YOU get to be an experienced player, you help out the new folks.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.