Set your height...

saskia1172003

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

46 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

That is only 1 of several sliders that will effect your final height.  Keep playing and you'll get there.

The three sliders that directly affect Avatar Height are Body slider (the most obvious), Leg Length slider, and the Hip Length slider (very subtle) - all other sliders do not affect avatar height at all because avatar height is determined by Pelvis Height from the *ground*. NOTE that "Torso length" does not change hight, but rather only changes the ratio of torso length to leg length for appearance (for example Asians tend to have a longer torso and shorter legs than many African body shapes that have a shorter torso and longer legs, etc.)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

The three sliders that directly affect Avatar Height are Body slider (the most obvious), Leg Length slider, and the Hip Length slider (very subtle) - all other sliders do not affect avatar height at all because avatar height is determined by Pelvis Height from the *ground*.

Head size and neck length will also affect overall height a bit.

I've updated the Body shape article in my content creator blog Alyona's and Rhonda's info here and in another thread. Thank you to both of you! :)

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

The height as displayed in the appearance panel is also super wrong.

Don't quote me on this, but I think, if I am remembering something I read a while ago correctly, that the Firestorm appearance editor is more accurate in that regard than the LL viewer is.

ETA: I see that ChinRey says something like this in her blog post too, although that's not where I read it.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra

24 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I feel I may be missing some context here . . .

Judging by this and the OP's other post here, they have perhaps been upset by someone who is incredibly tall and with a tiny head, or incredibly short and with a huge head...

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

The height as displayed in the appearance panel is also super wrong.

Agreed. I don't bother with the displayed measurement so much as 1) ensure I look adult enough and 2) Adjust for perfect Ground-Sit animation with no float or sink, then call it good-to-go. :)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Judging by this and the OP's other post here, they have perhaps been upset by someone who is incredibly tall and with a tiny head, or incredibly short and with a huge head...

Well, I get upset about people who mix patterns in their clothing, and wear white after labour day, but you don't see me producing prescriptive rubrics about it . . .

Although, now I think about it . . .

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Head size and neck length will also affect overall height a bit.

I've updated the Body shape article in my content creator blog Alyona's and Rhonda's info here and in another thread. Thank you to both of you! :)

Oh, I hadn't realized you wrote such a wonderful article. Well, I'll tell you my secret PROTIP - whether you choose to incorporate it or not is up to you.

The default viewer camera view in all browsers is highly distorted and gives a "fish-eye" lens effect. To remove this distortion and see your true shape, press and hold CTRL key and tap the 0 (zero) key six to eight times. This narrows your field of view (a.k.a. "zoom.") Alt-click your pelvis and move the camera back until you can see yourself head-to-toe then level the camera angle.

As you edit each body part, alt-click directly on that body part (belly-button for arms, pelvis for legs) and readjust camera as necessary. 

To reset your camera when finished, press and hold CTRL and tap the nine key. All set and now you also know your *true* shape.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

wear white after labour day

Actually, an amazing story behind this, one you probably would want to be a part of as those who have created this "rule" are the snootiest, nastiest, ner-do-wells of snobbish society. Seriously, look it up. LOL I'll wear black after Labor Day just to buck this idea LOL :)

1 minute ago, Alyona Su said:

Actually, an amazing story behind this, one you probably would want to be a part of as those who have created this "rule" are the snootiest, nastiest, ner-do-wells of snobbish society. Seriously, look it up. LOL I'll wear black after Labor Day just to buck this idea LOL :)

Well, I suspect that anyone who insists upon hard-and-fast fashion rules are probably nasty, snooty snobs.

The only times I really care about what others are wearing is at events where "dressing down" can be read as a sort of sign of indifference or disrespect to someone else. Otherwise, have at it! (Even if I do sometimes cringe inside.)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, I suspect that anyone who insists upon hard-and-fast fashion rules are probably nasty, snooty snobs.

The only times I really care about what others are wearing is at events where "dressing down" can be read as a sort of sign of indifference or disrespect to someone else. Otherwise, have at it! (Even if I do sometimes cringe inside.)

Yes, true. Note to all Asian women: never, ever wear a cultural formal gown to a traditional Western wedding unless you're the bride, no matter how "casual" it may be to you. Bahahaha

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Sighted in South Florida: An elderly gentleman at a restaurant wearing dress shorts with a leather belt (creased polyester ending at mid-thigh), knee-high black socks, dress shoes, pressed short sleeve dress shirt and tie.

I love Florida.

• Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.