What do you think?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This 16m2 parcel somehow was forgotten about when the lindens subdivided the region. It stayed connected to a larger parcel in the region which I acquired  years ago. Anyways it is in the middle of a Linden road. Being here 13 years or so I get bored. I placed this dead alien here probably 3-4 years ago, in a moderate region,  as a joke for travelers on the Linden roadways.

I finally got a response, just not what I expected. I imagine sooner or later it will be returned, if the offended resident is correct in whatever TOS is quoted. Anyways here is the SLurl and IM I was sent. Curious on people's thoughts on my supposed violation.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Arlberg/2/75/92

"resident: hello, i guess the dead alien on a public road here http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Arlberg/4/80/92 is related to the Aeuronaut retreat, however, this is a Moderate region, where there is no place for something like this, as you can find in the Maturity Ratings guidelines: The Adult designation applies to Second Life regions that host, conduct, or display content that is sexually explicit, intensely violent, or depicts illicit drug use.  A region must be designated Adult if it hosts, advertises, or publicly promotes:    Representations of intensely violent acts, for example depicting death, torture, dismemberment or other severe bodily harm, whether or not photo-realistic (meaning that images either are or cannot be distinguished from a photograph)."

"resident:that being said, and because this is a public road, and a half-rotten dead body being eaten by ants is highly disgusting and disturbing, I ask you to remove it from this location, before LL gets to my report that has been filled, and asks or forces you to do so."

alien_001.thumb.jpg.231a52c15c427adfbc0057aa24f48c54.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Okay, I think that is brilliant. And, I agree, I do not see anything "intensely violent" about it either. You can barely even see what I'm assuming is blood? 😄 If LL hasn't cared about it being there after 3-4 years, I doubt this one person's "killer of all things fun attitude" is going to make them care now. I say keep it there 😂

• Like 2

I just love the smiley-faced avatar behind the body fourth-walling us almost as if to say "didn't do it, just found it like this, I swear." 

And I agree with the posters before me. Leave it. It's good to see folks can still have a laugh even after all these years. The ants are a great touch!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Cedric Brown said:

This 16m2 parcel somehow was forgotten about when the lindens subdivided the region. It stayed connected to a larger parcel in the region which I acquired  years ago. Anyways it is in the middle of a Linden road. Being here 13 years or so I get bored. I placed this dead alien here probably 3-4 years ago, in a moderate region,  as a joke for travelers on the Linden roadways.

OH, so it was YOU!  LOL

Zombies

And sad that some prude would AR that, because AWESOME. I really did run over it by accident (I was coming up the hill from around the curve) and I laughed so hard. So I backed up and took the picture.

And those ants... I have been looking for a texture like that for a project, so now I know who to IM about it :)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

It's the weird and unexpected stuff like this that I love about Second Life.

And to add, those aliens are getting around. Exhibit C is from one of my stores in Bay City. Being on the edge of the city, I was sick of having a road that just dropped into the void (really, they could have finished the edges of Bay city a lot better. So after I made my parcel's retaining wall, I made a bit of an off-sim jetty, complete with a bench for an av to sit on (I discovered you can sit on off-sim objects - yay!)

Then one day I logged in to discover that my neighbour had been busy improving the scene :) 

Aliens.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

On 5/9/2019 at 6:07 PM, Peony Swee*****er said:

"And to add, those aliens are getting around"

Yea, I guess they do get around. You havent seen them all :) 

"alien roadkill" has survived believe it or not.(even after sucking on that the vw bug tailpipe) Not returned yet. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cedric Brown said:

Yea, I guess they do get around. You havent seen them all :) 

"alien roadkill" has survived believe it or not.(even after sucking on that the vw bug tailpipe) Not returned yet. 

I don;t think it will be. It's been there too long, it has fallen into SL "Historical Landmark" territory and they (the Lindens) *DO* do that stuff. There are examples all over the grid, from all age-ranges from the very beginning to stuff only a few years old. I think it should stay put.

On 5/9/2019 at 3:07 PM, Peony Swee*****er said:

I was sick of having a road that just dropped into the void (really, they could have finished the edges of Bay city a lot better.)

Yes, I'd like to see a "fix the edges of the world" project.

Zindra needs a few more sims in the southeast corner. Several roads dead-end into the edge of the world, and they need to connect. 

The southern edge of Sansara needs enough water sims that you can get somewhere from Bellesaria. You can boat to Sansara. You can almost reach connecting water and go north into Sansara. But not quite.

(It's a tempting thought to buy up the parcels that block the coastline and put in a canal, with tolls.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.