[Question] A group of sims were recently taken down...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

25+ or so sims are affected.

Not entirely taken down, but many people were locked out of their lands so no one can go in and retrieve their items.

Many of these people own stores, breedables, houses, etc and other items that are no copy..

Linden Labs is telling the people who file tickets that they cannot do anything about it.. As the owners of the sims can do anything they want..

Any advice for situations like this?

• Like 1

If this is the case where a certain land company lost the sims. It appears they were a middle man and i have seen on Facebook that the real owners of some of those sims have offered to open them up and let people retrieve items. I do NOT know if all of this is true but i have seen the posts on Facebook.

If these are private sims, LL "can't" (won't) do anything about giving you access to the regions. However I think each person who has items rezzed there could ask a Linden to go in there and return all of your items.

If the people are paying for some kind of a service / land, they should contact the person they're renting from for a refund. If they aren't getting one and it's a significant amount, they may be able to abuse report the land owner (assuming they're also the renter) for fraud.

• Thanks 1

Know at least part of the story but happily wasn't affected even in secondary mode -- at least so far. 

That being said another person "happily not affected but could have been" had an immediate answer, "that is WHY I have my store on mainland and always have".   Sometimes we need to move (up in my case) because of neighbors from hell, but unless LL goes under we are safe. A good point. 

• Like 1

@Carl Thibodeaux

You can try to contact the other estate manager there. I'm a little familiar with this incident. Although there are conflicting stories, the only one that makes since is that a particular manager was pocketing money instead of paying for the sims, and LL took back control of the sims & locked them up. I know several people affected by this, and supposedly they're trying to work with LL to have the sims unlocked for a short time to let people go grab their things. Whether or not this will actually happen is uncertain. Unfortunately, I learned the hard way many years ago, that anytime we rent land from a Private Region, this is a risk taken, because they are allowed to do whatever they wish with the region if they own it. Linden Labs considers it a personal/private issue between the two residents and will not get involved. Unfortunately, the money paid for tier is lost, because they can kick us from the regions at any time for any reason with no refund.  It's sad & very unfortunate that people take advantage of this, and use it as a way to scam people. This is why I do not pay large amounts of tier at a time anymore. Some people had just paid many months in advance, and it's horrible that they have lost all that money. I hope you all are at least allowed to go grab your things at some point. Good luck to you ♥

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.