Retrieve Derendered Objects

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If it's not there anymore, then there's a good chance it was removed since then. Unless you already made sure it's just you and your friends (or alt) can see the building in question.

Either way, if you still want to try, the assets blacklist is local (unlike mute/block list, which is server sided) and located in (default path): c/users/username/appdata/roaming/firestorm_x64/avatarname folder. Delete/move (if you wish to save it and don't derender bunch of stuff again moving would be the better option) assets_blacklist.xml from the needed avi's folder with viewer closed and login to check if building is there. If you will need your blacklist, then just move your old one back and replace the newly created/empty one with it.

If the building is 100% there and you can't see it like that, then there's a slight chance for cache corruption, so could be worth to delete it.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

the assets blacklist is local (unlike mute/block list, which is server sided) and located in (default path): c/users/username/appdata/roaming/firestorm_x64/avatarname folder. Delete/move (if you wish to save it and don't derender bunch of stuff again moving would be the better option) assets_blacklist.xml from the needed avi's folder with viewer closed and login to check if building is there. If you will need your blacklist, then just move your old one back and replace the newly created/empty one with it.

brilliant! moved the blacklist.xml to a convenient location i could find again if all went sideways. logged into the region i was trying to rerender and everything was magically there again. but, i needed the original blacklist since it's heavily laden with all the offensive content over the years that just gets in my way. Thank God for Firestorm's derender tool!

so, putting two and two together i figured i could generate a new blacklist with everything in the region i didn't have in the original. i then proceeded to fill the new and empty blacklist with everything that was NOT in my original Asset Blacklist. then, after logging out, i just copied the appropriate xml keys from the newly generated blacklist.xml to my original, placed that edited file back into place and relogged.

worked like a charm. opened up the Asset Blacklist, sorted everything by region, and Removed everything from the blacklist for the region. phew. must read harder than it seemed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.